Author Topic: Dr. Jeffry Life  (Read 14186 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Dr. Jeffry Life
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 10:42:22 AM »
Haven't had a chance to read all this yet but that Dr has a huge bill-board ad on the freeway leading out of Las Vegas heading to LA and another at a very visible location near the airport.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
Hats off to this guy.  Most 71 year olds are barely living.  This guy looks and feels great.  People should be happy for him.  I don't understand the objection to older people living well...frankly, it's sick.
The objection to testosterone replacement therapy is just old.  It doesn't cause prostate cancer and if given replacement doses, is very safe for the vast majority of people.  If someone has prostate cancer, it's a contraindication because the prostate only needs a small amount of testosterone (threshold effect) to fuel the cancer.  So, if they don't remove the prostate, docs want the testosterone as low as possible.

HGH is safe in properly chosen candidates with age related deficiency too.  Docs have been using it with patients for 20 years now.  They key is to replace the hormone to normal levels (just like other hormone replacement), not abuse it like bodybuilders.  It does raise blood sugar in a small # of individuals but eating a low sugar diet usually counteracts that (or the doc can stop the treatment).  I have not seen any studies to say it increases the risk of cancer when given in small, replacement doses but most HRT docs won't give it if the patient has cancer.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »
Good going, Shoot! Sounds like you have an 'edumacated' background on the subject.

Here's a question for ya which I hope you can answer -

It's a known fact that back in the late 30's and onward some of the major Hollywood movie stars would make yearly trips to some European spa/clinic (the studio PR guys called them "spas") for a couple of weeks and return to Hollywood looking a lot younger.

Much later it was disclosed that their youthful appearance was a result of clinical injections which were more than likely steroids.

Any background on this? Any books ever written on this precise subject?

Thanks, Shoot!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:03 PM »
I have a background in this field and have studied this topic extensively. I am not on replacement myself (natural levels were still quite high) but I will be when the time comes.

I am not familiar with that stunt, I don't know what they were injecting.

www.worldhealth.net

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 12:22:36 PM »
Have you seen his ads in magazines and newspapers?  Are you buying what he's pushing or is it all bs?

http://www.cenegenics-drlife.com/index2.html

HRT is a wonderful thing!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »
Hats off to this guy.  Most 71 year olds are barely living.  This guy looks and feels great.  People should be happy for him.  I don't understand the objection to older people living well...frankly, it's sick.
The objection to testosterone replacement therapy is just old.  It doesn't cause prostate cancer and if given replacement doses, is very safe for the vast majority of people.  If someone has prostate cancer, it's a contraindication because the prostate only needs a small amount of testosterone (threshold effect) to fuel the cancer.  So, if they don't remove the prostate, docs want the testosterone as low as possible.

HGH is safe in properly chosen candidates with age related deficiency too.  Docs have been using it with patients for 20 years now.  They key is to replace the hormone to normal levels (just like other hormone replacement), not abuse it like bodybuilders.  It does raise blood sugar in a small # of individuals but eating a low sugar diet usually counteracts that (or the doc can stop the treatment).  I have not seen any studies to say it increases the risk of cancer when given in small, replacement doses but most HRT docs won't give it if the patient has cancer.

agreed with everything you say.

i think exogenous GH supplementation is a very good path to take for longevity, but if you really wanted to replace natural GH levels, the anti- aging movement is now looking at peptides such as GHRP 6/2 AND CJC 1295 which control the release of the bodies own GH production, instead of using an outside source, and 'replacing'. of course BBing has also stumbled onto this as well. legal and as effective if not better than exogenous GH administration and a fraction of the cost.
b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
I am not on replacement myself (natural levels were still quite high) but I will be when the time comes.

You've abused steroids yet have high natural levels - what's the secret? Most bodybuilders aren't that lucky.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 02:09:04 PM »
Have you seen his ads in magazines and newspapers?  Are you buying what he's pushing or is it all bs?

http://www.cenegenics-drlife.com/index2.html

yeah Dupont Registry looks like BS to me

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 02:10:48 PM »
You've abused steroids yet have high natural levels - what's the secret? Most bodybuilders aren't that lucky.

As silly as it sounds, I think that constant sex is the answer. Whenever I would go off a cycle, I would make sure I would get as much sex as possible about two weeks before I cut everything off cold turkey, and continue having sex 1-3 times a day, and I would rebound very quickly. I probably only struggled slightly at about the 2nd week mark after discontinuing, but even that wasn't too bad.

Without the sex, it would seem to take a lot longer to get back to homostasis.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
As silly as it sounds, I think that constant sex is the answer. Whenever I would go off a cycle, I would make sure I would get as much sex as possible about two weeks before I cut everything off cold turkey, and continue having sex 1-3 times a day, and I would rebound very quickly. I probably only struggled slightly at about the 2nd week mark after discontinuing, but even that wasn't too bad.

Without the sex, it would seem to take a lot longer to get back to homostasis.

Did you ever actually have levels tested?

Are you clean now? Do you know where your natural T levels are at?

I don't think "feeling recovered" necessarily means that you are.

I'm not sure about your theory, kinda doubt it matters much. But who knows.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »
Did you ever actually have levels tested?

Are you clean now? Do you know where your natural T levels are at?

I don't think "feeling recovered" necessarily means that you are.

I'm not sure about your theory, kinda doubt it matters much. But who knows.

I have been clean for a long time. But when I was using I got off cycles both with and without this protocol. Never had my levels tested, but I could tell when I was shut down. There is just a very distinct feeling, that is hard to describe. Never had my levels checked. Of course I realize that this is just my anecdotal report, so take it for what its worth.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 02:32:53 PM »
I have been clean for a long time. But when I was using I got off cycles both with and without this protocol. Never had my levels tested, but I could tell when I was shut down. There is just a very distinct feeling, that is hard to describe. Never had my levels checked. Of course I realize that this is just my anecdotal report, so take it for what its worth.

A partial recovery of the HPTA may be enough to feel 'normal' for many but I suspect the majority of people who have done substantial cycles for a few years never quite fully rebound to their pre-steroid levels.

The data on testosterone as a contraceptive shows recovery takes several months. A single injection of 100mg of Deca takes 6 weeks to fully rebound from. Then imagine how long it takes for the average juicer shooting dozens of times more. Some study said it can take 2 years to recover, if ever.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
A partial recovery of the HPTA may be enough to feel 'normal' for many but I suspect the majority of people who have done substantial cycles for a few years never quite fully rebound to their pre-steroid levels.

The data on testosterone as a contraceptive shows recovery takes several months. A single injection of 100mg of Deca takes 6 weeks to fully rebound from. Then imagine how long it takes for the average juicer shooting dozens of times more. Some study said it can take 2 years to recover, if ever.

Part of it could be that I never juiced that much to begin with. I have probably only done three serious cycles, and maybe a couple of shorter ones...so if I had been doing it more long term its hard to say if my results would have been the same.