Author Topic: the best leg workout ever by CASEY VIATOR...  (Read 7007 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
the best leg workout ever by CASEY VIATOR...
« on: November 13, 2006, 07:37:05 AM »
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

body88

Re: the best leg workout ever by CASEY VIATOR...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 07:58:59 AM »
Viator was a mutant.....

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:01:05 AM »
no offense but he makes it sound like the guy did the absolutely impossible, gimme a break, he did a giant set of 500lb. squats, 750lb. leg presses and 200lb. leg extesions, big deal, any serious guy handles those types of weights on leg day.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 08:07:46 AM »
no offense but he makes it sound like the guy did the absolutely impossible, gimme a break, he did a giant set of 500lb. squats, 750lb. leg presses and 200lb. leg extesions, big deal, any serious guy handles those types of weights on leg day.

;DROFL!!!!! ya like you dork!!!
X

Tuna Sammich

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

LMAO, try going beyond failiure and then starting the next set 4 seconds later.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:21:11 AM »

LMAO, try going beyond failiure and then starting the next set 4 seconds later.
the only thing i haven't done is the extensions because they're worthless and a waste of time, i do squat/leg press supersets all the time.

Tuna Sammich

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 08:47:14 AM »
I think extensions are the culprit behind my pinched nerve

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:01:23 AM »

Absolutely not, and this post illustrates a serious bias or ignorance on your part.

Now, if he really did the workout it was a superhuman effort.

Tell you what, if you doubt it, give it a try yourself using half of the weight.  Oh, and don't forget that 750 lbs on the Nautilus Leg Press is not the same as on a free weight device.
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:03:01 AM »
Absolutely not, and this post illustrates a serious bias or ignorance on your part.

Now, if he really did the workout it was a superhuman effort.

Tell you what, if you doubt it, give it a try yourself using half of the weight.  Oh, and don't forget that 750 lbs on the Nautilus Leg Press is not the same as on a free weight device.
my best squat/leg press superset is 455 for 8 on bbsquat and 8 plates for deep reps on leg presses and i'm nobody, this guy was a bb champion, i'm not impressed.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 09:03:01 AM »
extensions because they're worthless and a waste of time
Very true; over-rated except for emphasizing the teardrop.

Some of it's hype with Viator, both strength & physique. On the other hand, it was 30 years ago, & involved very minimal rests between sets while training to failure.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »
my best squat/leg press superset is 455 for 8 on bbsquat and 8 plates for deep reps on leg presses and i'm nobody, this guy was a bb champion, i'm not impressed.

If you did that it is impressive. 

That said, now try it using a Nautilus leg press and extension all done as one big giant set and you would not even be remotely close.

Now, you make some decent strength claims I wonder why you have NEVER posted a picture or video.  Is it perhaps the "people in glass houses should not throw stones" story?   

I would LOVE to see a video of you doing anything remotely impressive.  If I did, I would have a LOT more respect for you and your opinions.  You obviously know a fair amount about training and strength and yet sometimes you just come from nowhere with goofy comments.
w

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 09:20:27 AM »
That said, now try it using a Nautilus leg press and extension all done as one big giant set and you would not even be remotely close.
Big difference in effect and difficulty from one machine to the next using the same weight,  plus multiple sets done consecutively with nomimal rest makes a huge difference.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »
If you did that it is impressive. 

Now, you make some decent strength claims I wonder why you have NEVER posted a picture or video.  Is it perhaps the "people in glass houses should not throw stones" story?   

I would LOVE to see a video of you doing anything remotely impressive.  If I did, I would have a LOT more respect for you and your opinions.  You obviously know a fair amount about training and strength and yet sometimes you just come from nowhere with goofy comments.

Because hes a total sham Chris, Sarcasm is so full of shit his eye are brown.  Hey big guy how are those massive 17" pipes comming along?
X

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 12:09:14 PM »
Haha squadfather

I see no current pro who would be able to pull this superset off (with these poundages)

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 12:18:02 PM »

thats true you are nobody

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 12:28:07 PM »
Because hes a total sham Chris, Sarcasm is so full of shit his eye are brown.  Hey big guy how are those massive 17" pipes comming along?
yeah my eyes are brown and my arms are 17 and a half, unlike some people on here i don't lie about my weight or measurments, "lord humungous", hahahahahahahaha, what a name. ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »
Haha squadfather

I see no current pro who would be able to pull this superset off (with these poundages)
yeah Coleman only squats 800 for a double and leg presses almost 2,000, he'd NEVER be able to squat 500 for 10 or leg press 750 and then do some light extensions. ::)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 12:57:58 PM »
If you don't lie why do you refuse to provide any proof?
w

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »
the only thing i haven't done is the extensions because they're worthless and a waste of time, i do squat/leg press supersets all the time.

Worthless? Waste of time? Well, that is one way to see it, but like all things, everybody have their own point of view. I like to do supersets of presses and extensions, but I do it only every third leg workout. I use 85% from one rep max for both exercises and I do just two sets. I warm up and stretch my leg muscles before these sets, and I do those sets right to the twilight zone. I start with presses, which I do so many that I can, usually 8 to 12 reps, then I change to extension machine and do them to failure. One minute rest and all over again. I never ever get similar pump to my thighs like I have after these two sets. Usually we choose two slightly different exercises for super set, but that what you do is like supersetting squat and squat, and it is difficult to see any point in that. Still, you know what works well with your body, so who am I to tell you to do it differently?  Nobody, and that's why I just recommend people that you may try it, and if you don't like it, don't stick to it.  I feel sick every time somebody tell me that he do some exercises "all the time", because it usually means just that. Still, if you want to improve your body, you should avoid to do same exercises "all the time" because your body get used to do them, and that doesn't do any good for you. Instead of that, you should keep your body confused via changing exercises time to time, it is only way to keep it growing "all the time".  If you combine two basic exercises for superset, the great idea behind that is combine one heavy and on slightly lighter exercise, because this way you can accomplish total exhaustion without overdoing it for any muscle. If you combine two heavy exercises, it is too easy to accomplish overexhaustion and instead growth, you go right in to katabolic state. It is really quite simple if you think about it...

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 01:17:12 PM »
yeah Coleman only squats 800 for a double and leg presses almost 2,000, he'd NEVER be able to squat 500 for 10 or leg press 750 and then do some light extensions. ::)

You did not even read it well honey, he first did leg presses, than leg extensions and only last squats.

I'm pretty sure Coleman using the same form (Jones was a form advocate) would not make it through this triset

My guess is that Coleman's heart gives out when he tries

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 01:19:34 PM »
You did not even read it well honey, he first did leg presses, than leg extensions and only last squats.

I'm pretty sure Coleman using the same form (Jones was a form advocate) would not make it through this triset

My guess is that Coleman's heart gives out when he tries
hahahahahaha, ok "moen". ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 03:25:51 PM »

sure. right before you had sex with three penthouse models on the back of your 2007 shelby cobra in the driveway of your $1.2 million dollar mansion.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 03:27:07 PM »
sure. right before you had sex with three penthouse models on the back of your 2007 shelby cobra in the driveway of your $1.2 million dollar mansion.
how'd you guess?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »
how'd you guess?

i saw it on google earth. those satellites pick up everything, i'll tell ya.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 03:38:30 PM »

I agree. Even the lazy trainer Chris Cormier used to triset leg presses,hack squats, and leg extensions all for 4 sets of 20 reps with big weights. I am not impressed with Viator's physique.
just push some weight!