Author Topic: 'Web-rage' man gets prison term  (Read 3273 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
'Web-rage' man gets prison term
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »
Careful with posting other's personal info and starting fights online kids...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6157190.stm

A man has been jailed for more than two years after carrying out the UK's first "web-rage" attack on an internet user.

Paul Gibbons, 47, assaulted John Jones, 43, at his Essex home, after the pair exchanged insults in an internet chatroom, the Old Bailey heard.

Gibbons, of Bermondsey, south-east London, tracked down father-of-three Mr Jones to Clacton, from personal details he put online.

He was armed with a pickaxe handle and was with a man carrying a machete.

Mr Jones was beaten and had his neck cut after going to the door of his home with a knife.

The dangers of giving personal information out in a chatroom environment must never be underestimated
Det Sgt Jean-Marc Bazzoni

"It is accepted by the prosecution that Mr Jones taunted you and dared you to go to his house where you would be greeted with weapons," Judge Richard Hawkins told Gibbons.

Gibbons admitted unlawful wounding last month after the prosecution agreed not to proceed with charges of attempted murder and threats to kill.

"The circumstances are unusual," said Judge Richard Hawkins after passing sentence.

"This case highlights the dangers of internet chatrooms, particularly with regards to giving personal details that will allow other users to discover home addresses," said Investigating Officer Det Sgt Jean-Marc Bazzoni of Essex Police.

"All the victims were targeted by Paul Gibbons following a disagreement in a chatroom and threats to kill were made on the website."

Mr Bazzoni said Mr Jones' "terrifying ordeal" was a consequence of "upsetting somebody he had never even met".

"The dangers of giving personal information out in a chatroom environment must never be underestimated."
Elevate Your Image.™

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: 'Web-rage' man gets prison term
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 12:51:41 PM »
Someone needs to lay their neck on the line to give Derek Anthony a two year time out 8)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
If someone's dumb enough to hunt me down and come to my house to do me harm over internet insults, I hope they like getting shot at.  As the guy's laying on my front porch bleeding out, I'll be sure to ask him if it was worth it.   ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »
If someone's dumb enough to hunt me down and come to my house to do me harm over internet insults, I hope they like getting shot at.  As the guy's laying on my front porch bleeding out, I'll be sure to ask him if it was worth it.   ::)

Lead salad?
X

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 01:00:41 PM »

Dang. Maybe I won't be prank calling DA this weekend.
?

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 01:02:14 PM »
Most the guys that throw around all the threats on Getbig would never leave the security of being behind their own computer...The others that would have chance of taking action against someone that pissed them off over the internet are ultimately just that stupid...Goatboy said what would be true in most cases...Show up on someones private property and intend to do physical harm, don't expect to take to many steps in the yard until you get shot lol....And then arrested on top of it....
Watching The Haters

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 01:09:29 PM »
Lead salad?

I'm pretty sure what i'm feeling for you is love.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure what i'm feeling for you is love.

You are such my sweet hormo.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 02:20:22 PM »
lead salad, like from the movie fight club

and I'm too old for you, I thought you were a chickenhawk?
X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 03:14:08 PM »
                                                                       meltdown
A

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »
                                                                       meltdown

where? we already hijacked this thread, please do not bring it back to topic, thanks
X

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 03:36:06 PM »
If someone's dumb enough to hunt me down and come to my house to do me harm over internet insults, I hope they like getting shot at.  As the guy's laying on my front porch bleeding out, I'll be sure to ask him if it was worth it.   ::)

you answer your door with a gun in your hand ALL THE TIME ?!?! I mean every single time you come to the door you have a weapon on you?? what if you're running to the kitchen to get a snack or going to the bathroom?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 03:37:28 PM »
rejection is hard.
$

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 03:41:06 PM »
you answer your door with a gun in your hand ALL THE TIME ?!?! I mean every single time you come to the door you have a weapon on you?? what if you're running to the kitchen to get a snack or going to the bathroom?

Call me paranoid, but I never just open my door to strangers when they knock lol....
Watching The Haters

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »
especially going to the bathroom!  :)
X

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 08:33:03 PM »
So what you're saying is we SHOULDN'T be posting DA's details under a fake craiglist add soliciting gay hookups?

Not that anybody would do such a thing.... 8)
It's Hip to be Square!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
Call me paranoid, but I never just open my door to strangers when they knock lol....

Exactly.

I live in a gated community with only 14 other houses.  If someone is knocking on my door and it's not one of my neighbors, all of whom I know, and I haven't just cleared anyone through the guardhouse, and don't know who the person is or what they want, you can bet I'm answering the door with a gun in my hand.
Ron: "I am lazy."

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:30 PM »

Dang. Maybe I won't be prank calling DA this weekend.

Use Skype.  Cannot track that.  I think you can record your conversation as well and save the audio file.  Now that would be entertainment.  Call Billy Gunns too.   ;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 09:40:35 PM »

Exactly.

You wanna find me, go for it.

I think you're an idiot for letting anything on the net, get to you, but hey, you're that dumb, come on over.............

Find out what awaits you........ ;)
HAHA, RON.....

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 08:10:38 AM »
Whadda youse tryin' to say????!

Youse meen us Getbig BB "juiced to the gills" drug-crazed psychos can't threaten posters anymore...huh???!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 08:15:36 AM »

Agreed 100%.

Shit, I just agreed with a goat. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 08:36:38 AM »
hahaha, can you imagine when the guy who got beat down and his neck cut was curled in the fetal position....he probably looked up and gurgled "I got you to act on physical violence by using the net...you are owned...hahahah, gurgle, gurgle...."

Actually, maybe this explains where Mars has been.  Maybe he did decide to pay someone a little visit.  ;)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 08:38:04 AM »
hahaha, can you imagine when the guy who got beat down and his neck cut was curled in the fetal position....he probably looked up and gurgled "I got you to act on physical violence by using the net...you are owned...hahahah, gurgle, gurgle...."

Actually, maybe this explains where Mars has been.  Maybe he did decide to pay someone a little visit.  ;)
hahahahaha, exactly.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 08:39:22 AM »
hahahahaha, exactly.

It would be funny to read a transcript of their exchange.  Probably arguing over gay-ass soccer.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 08:45:59 AM »
It would be funny to read a transcript of their exchange.  Probably arguing over gay-ass soccer.
there was one that happened here in the US where two guy were arguing in an AOL chat room and the guy found out personal info on the other guy by traveling to his town and taking pictures of his house, hahahahaha.