Author Topic: PBW - Training Show... what are your thoughts?  (Read 6502 times)

AVBG

PBW - Training Show... what are your thoughts?
« on: January 24, 2007, 05:15:17 PM »
A training radio show (spin off from PBW) as was talked about by Chick and Charles Glass on Monday's show?

Who do you think should host it?

Should it be a stand alone show? or would it be best to be an add on to the regular PBW and have the segment appear for 30 mins once a month?

Should there be a revlolving panel of trainers? ie. Glass, Sarcev, our own Disgusted, Serge Nubret... If theres any others that are worthwhile, please suggest..

If you don't know what I am talking about? See link of replay, if you missed it : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/radioarchive.htm

Guest: Charles Glass
Date: 01/22/07 (Radio Show 59)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: What do the people of getbig think of....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 05:23:57 PM »
i think they should get glass back on and let him answer questions from us, posted on here.
Z

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 05:27:02 PM »
Radio dealing with the training, nutrition, supplements, gear, etc?

interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chadwick Mower in 2008

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 05:29:15 PM »
A training radio show (spin off from PBW) as was talked about by Chick and Charles Glass on Monday's show?

Who do you think should host it?

Should it be a stand alone show? or would it be best to be an add on to the regular PBW and have the segment appear for 30 mins once a month?

Should there be a revlolving panel of trainers? ie. Glass, Sarcev, our own Disgusted, Serge Nubret... If theres any others that are worthwhile, please suggest..

If you don't know what I am talking about? See link of replay, if you missed it : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/radioarchive.htm

Guest: Charles Glass
Date: 01/22/07 (Radio Show 59)

I'd want a standalone show. Bob meets my qualifications for a host: Has actually lifted for a living, and is capable of speaking in complete sentences. [Which rules out Charles Glass.] But a little sex appeal never hurts - so if they could get someone like Lenda Murray, that would be even better.

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »
Radio dealing with the training, nutrition, supplements, gear, etc?

interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More closer to just training/nutrition - potential sponsers may not want to be involved in gear info on the show, imagine the disclaimer it woluld run for 10 minutes.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 05:32:57 PM »
More closer to just training/nutrition - potential sponsers may not want to be involved in gear info on the show, imagine the disclaimer it woluld run for 10 minutes.

Charles Glass Rules...  He'll keep it real.
Most are all show no go!

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 05:41:15 PM »

looks like youre the brains of the operation.

what getbig members would be good for this?
Chadwick Mower in 2008

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 07:17:25 PM »
in theory, it is a wonderful idea, but is it just going to be the same dumb nutrition and work out tips that are available ad nauseum in every bb magazine or will it be stuff that people actually want to know about, like supplements and gear and stuff like that? 
F

AVBG

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 07:48:46 PM »
in theory, it is a wonderful idea, but is it just going to be the same dumb nutrition and work out tips that are available ad nauseum in every bb magazine or will it be stuff that people actually want to know about, like supplements and gear and stuff like that? 

The reality is that there is a cost to producing any show or segment. If you want to make a dime you will need to attract sponsers - If the sponsers don't want to be mentioned in the same sentence as SUSTANON 250, they wont advertise or pay the bills.

However, after all that is said and done if the questions were relevent and sourced correctly, the answers were presented in a format that is entertaining and usefull. The show/segment would be a success.

Keep in mind as was stated in the PBW show people are sending emails wanting to know some of these things..

Also, IMO a weekly segment/show would be too much - not enough decent content.

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 12:11:52 PM »
bump for Chick

AVBG

Re: PBW - Training Show... what are your thoughts?
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »
great poster..  :o

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 02:02:39 PM »

Fooking excellent!

checkmate

• Getbig II
  • Blaaargo Argo!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »

I agree very cool looking poster
It's like a freak circus!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »
A training show would be cool if it didn't just concentrate on bodybuilding, that would get boring after about two shows.  Get special guests on to talk about weight training for football, soccer, track and field, power lifting, olympic lifting, tennis, ping pong, strongman, rugby etc, then it would have some value and crossover appeal.

AVBG

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »
A training show would be cool if it didn't just concentrate on bodybuilding, that would get boring after about two shows. 

what if there were different Bodybuilding guests with the special show on once month (a 2hr PBW instead of the normal 1hr) with people like ie. Disgusted, Milos, Hany R, doggcrapp, Chad, Glass.. With questions fielded/sourced by the training mods from the different boards?