Author Topic: Christianity and Islam...interesting site..  (Read 1240 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Christianity and Islam...interesting site..
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:30:49 PM »
i came across this on the site
islam
The Genesis account should not be taken literally, as it contains discrepancies.[9] The earth is billions of years oldCreation took eight days, it says in Surah 41:9, 10, 12. Surah 10:3, however, states creation took six days.
The universe was produced by a "big bang" (Koran 21:30), produced by a kind of gas.[10] (Koran 41:11)
The Koran states God created every living thing from water.[11  (Koran 21:30; 24:45)
The Creator did not rest: "We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch us." (Koran 50:38) 

christianity
A literal interpretation of Scripture indicates the earth is only a few thousand years old.
God created the universe in six days and rested on the seventh day. (Genesis 1:1 to 2:2)
In the beginning, God" (Genesis 1:1) alone existed.

God spoke the universe into existence by a word.
Genesis 1:20-21, 24 "And God said... and it was so." (Cp. Psalm 148:5)
God rested on the seventh day: "For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed." (Exodus 31:17).

the bold stuff...seems islam ws closer to science at least on this one...
http://www.dianedew.com/islam.htm
carpe` vaginum!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Christianity and Islam...interesting site..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 06:48:07 AM »
yes they knew more when they made up the stories in the Koran

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
What became known as the Big Bang theory was first proposed by the scientist and Roman Catholic priest Georges Lemaître.

Einstein initially dismissed the theory without thought or consideration, in part because it came from a priest and because it implied "Creation" and a "Creator."  Einstein was quick to endorse both Lemaître and his theory only after Hubble confirmed the theory.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »
What became known as the Big Bang theory was first proposed by the scientist and Roman Catholic priest Georges Lemaître.

Einstein initially dismissed the theory without thought or consideration, in part because it came from a priest and because it implied "Creation" and a "Creator."  Einstein was quick to endorse both Lemaître and his theory only after Hubble confirmed the theory.

I am quite sure that he came up with his idea within the scientific framework and withinout theology in mind.
I hate the State.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »
yees this is not meant to be a pissing contest
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »

wait..exactly how old is the hubble?
carpe` vaginum!

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »
wait..exactly how old is the hubble?

talking about Hubble the person, not the telescope.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 03:34:34 PM »
talking about Hubble the person, not the telescope.

gotcha
carpe` vaginum!