Author Topic: WOW... courageous female competitor!  (Read 28047 times)

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: WOW... courageous female competitor!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2006, 11:24:34 AM »
howard, im with you. i almost cant believe the amount of immaturity displayed here. all the sophomoric "give her a hand" jokes. youve got to be kidding. thats  the best you can come up with when confronted with these images??!! this woman lost her arms in an electrical accident when she was 2 years old. shes in better shape than 90% of the american population who do have all their limbs and  all these people can do is make fun of her. im ashamed to be human right now!!

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »
ok, at least that was funny, garraeth.

nowhere in my post did i mention feeling sorry for her. i just could NEVER gather enough insensitivity to make fun of her or anyone in a similar situation. thats just me...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2006, 12:14:34 PM »
This can be looked at in two ways: first of all, it's obviously very inspiring that a woman dealt these cards in life would be able to stay in such excellent shape, but I guess in another sense, it is more appropriate to have separate divisions for the disabled.

It is possible to have a seperate disabled (NON wheelchair) division and the NPC leaves that up to the promoter.
It amazes me how some here are unable to determine when it is ok to crack on an individual.
For example, if some able bodied person is in lousy shape AND acts like an azzclown, they are asking for it.
However, when a person does the best they can with what they have been given and acts with quiet dignity, they deserve mutual respect and admiration...PERIOD.

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2006, 12:19:17 PM »
You just never know what life will throw your way. One minute everything is fine, the next you have no arms or legs, whatever. Makes all the other worries in life pale in comparrison, someone else always has it worse.

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2006, 12:35:47 PM »
It is an increasing question about judging or allowing disfigured people to compete. I believe that that is so full of heart and everything but will there be symphaty judging because of their situation. we talk about synthol disfiguring bodyparts. selfinflicted or not, how do you factor in the missing limb or altered bodypart? i saw a pic of a female bb that had a shoulder that was disfigured i think due to an auto wreck. otherwise she appeared to be in great shape. so where do you establish a judging criteria? limitations? or exclusions without wearing the wrath of civil rights groups. tough spot to be in.
Gonna Beat Em'

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2006, 10:50:28 PM »
Yes I agree we should give her a BIG hand.......and maybe throw in a couple of arms too.  She is very inspirational

HAHA.

How does she train? Uh.....Maybe she does alot of sit-ups? Who knows?

"Goatboy" is right. People have this silly idea that anyone can be anything. I'm sorry but this is just wrong. That woman being there is just inappropriate. I feel sorry for her really. The people in the audience felt sorry for her.
"Shut the F up and train"

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »
HAHA.

How does she train? Uh.....Maybe she does alot of sit-ups? Who knows?

"Goatboy" is right. People have this silly idea that anyone can be anything. I'm sorry but this is just wrong. That woman being there is just inappropriate. I feel sorry for her really. The people in the audience felt sorry for her.

Agreed. There's a fine line between political correction and embarassment. :-[

SUCKMYMUSCLE

robocop

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 01:34:52 AM »
The perfect methode for losing weight fast

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2006, 01:50:56 AM »
It takes courage to compete without a disability.  She has a lot more courage than most of us.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2006, 03:07:45 AM »
It takes courage to compete without a disability.  She has a lot more courage than most of us.

How do you know one of us wouldn't do the same? Rediculous post.

robocop

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2006, 03:37:48 AM »
How do you know one of us wouldn't do the same? Rediculous post.

exactly

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2006, 03:42:41 AM »
It's like women telling men how painful child birth is. I'm sure if men could have children we would pop em' out without breaking a sweat.

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2006, 05:49:17 AM »
I bet it is really hard for her to get on stage like that...

Especially if there are no stairs.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2006, 10:16:04 AM »

I don't have the link to her profile, but this amazing athlete is also a mother (of 2, I believe).  I didn't have the opportunity to meet her in Texas, but she had a tremendous aura about her.  No sorrow there!

Big_D

• Getbig IV
  • CockDees without the drugs!
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2006, 10:20:42 AM »
You must be kidding me! 

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.  Some people should not be doing certain activities. A woman with no arms should not be in a physique contest for the same reason a 90-year-old man should not be in a physique contest.

I'm sure there are many things this young woman could do well at... figure competitions are not one of them.

Hope this helps.
Your hatred comes from deep within :-\!
Dont hate playa

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »
Sometimes you just have to enter a contest to prove to yourself you can do it despite your weaknesses.

I think if she really wants to break the mold she should enter into a national level armwrestling contest.

I mean,,,,  how can she lose.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »
I think if she really wants to break the mold she should enter into a national level armwrestling contest.

"There, but for the grace of god (or fate)..."

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 08:07:18 PM »
I actualy saw here at the olympia weekend,she was actualy very atractive and held her self well and didnt seem to be bothered one bit by the looks she was receiving.She also dressed to impress and didnt try to hide her lack of arms in any way, in actual fact i thought her and her mate she was with looked kinda on the prowl, i could be wrong as i think any girl who looks in my general direction is on the prowl, and i am her next meal !!!!!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2006, 08:32:17 PM »
She looks like a mannequin with no arms.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »
It's like women telling men how painful child birth is. I'm sure if men could have children we would pop em' out without breaking a sweat.

Like when robocop pops his dic*k in your mouth without breaking a sweat!

Bodies

• Getbig III

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2006, 01:23:23 AM »
Some info on Barb:

http://www.ftvideo.com/genex/results_04/sherman

Look at this beast. Why do women destroy themselves like this? Barb can truthfully say she wasn't the only freak at this show  :-X

Beyond Genetics

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »
Look at this beast. Why do women destroy themselves like this? Barb can truthfully say she wasn't the only freak at this show  :-X

I wish I was that lean right now

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2006, 03:45:04 AM »

I bet she's much stronger and well built than the homos and mofos here in Getbig
I am a mini beast

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2006, 01:53:42 PM »
I would tap that, not a problem----- mind you I would tap a black snake with a festered arse !!!