Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 58610 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2020, 09:26:52 PM »
Ok....  gun control is always one of the most heated debates out there.  But deleting debating remarks, and not trolling remarks, isnt cool.

There are always good points on both sides, no matter what.

Ron
2nd Amendment nullifies gun control....."shall not be infringed" 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2020, 07:17:46 AM »
Can Howard explain where this thread he started went?

Quote from: Howard on December 30, 2019, 04:32:59 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-texas-injured-active

Tragic attack by a man armed with a shot gun took place in a Texas church this weekend.
The one positive side of this is that a few armed worshipers dealt with him within a few sec.
To me, this is clear proof that being armed is the best personal defense against crazy attacks.

Plus, the attacker was armed with a SHOT GUN not an AR-15.

* On a side note some extremist gun control activists are peddling a conspiracy theory
that this  was staged by the NRA to promote gun rights. WTF! Huh
Of course we always have some wackos chime in with the obligatory conspiracy theory crap.

I'm just glad that a few law abiding church goers were armed and took this guy out before he did more damage.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2020, 07:50:13 AM »
Can Howard explain where this thread he started went?

Quote from: Howard on December 30, 2019, 04:32:59 PM

Of course he can, but he won’t.

At least not honestly or directly.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2020, 09:07:10 AM »
I vote for banning mentally challenged Howard Coward if he indeed deleted his thread again.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2020, 09:16:29 AM »
There is a slight glitch in the system where several years ago, Ron experimented with a feature that turned out to be an epic fail ie: allowing some posters to "mod control" their own threads.  This is the remnant of that experiment which hopefully will be corrected soon.  In the meantime, let this serve as a warning to those who are abusing the little snafu.  You will be banned from posting on the board (example: Political) where you abuse the feature.  If continued, you will be banned from the entire site.

https://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=640290.25

Appears the feature wasn't removed back then.  ^  :-\ :(
:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2020, 09:58:18 AM »

Appears the feature wasn't removed back then.  ^  :-\ :(

Since a few want to know:
Yes, I deleted any/all posts  related to my deceased mom.
I made the mistake of posting a deeply personal thought I had, related to her ,while voting.

I would hope others can understand my desire to avoid seeing/discussing that any longer.  Thanks.

I've enjoyed posting on get big and reading some of the funny posts.
Many here are quite funny and like to bust balls, which is fun.
Some (like Montague) don't like me ,while most here don't really care.
That's life and you  deal with it. :D

I made the mistake of getting "too involved" on this and other forums.
I'd be full of shit, if I didn't admit ,things have gotten a bit annoying for me lately.
Perhaps, I've over stayed my get big welcome? ???

I may pop back in at sometime in the future, but who knows?

Thanks and Merry Christmas '17,  Howard

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2020, 03:33:09 PM »

Appears the feature wasn't removed back then.  ^  :-\ :(

Appears howard is in FULL DAMAGE-CONTROL MODE as we speak.
Don't wear out that delete button, howie!!

Merry Christmas '19, coward.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2020, 08:16:36 PM »
Senators introduce bill to disclose federal gun records, tracing data

A bill to allow for the preservation and disclosure of federal gun data was introduced by two U.S. senators on Capitol Hill.

Democratic Senators Dick Durbin, Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and U.S. Representative Barbara Lee introduced the Gun Records Restoration and Preservation Act.

If approved, the Gun Records Restoration and Preservation Act would repeal the following Tiahrt provisions:

• End the prohibition on ATF from releasing firearm trace data for use by cities, states, researchers, litigants, and members of the public.
  • End the requirement for the FBI to destroy all approved gun purchaser records within 24 hours of approval.
  • End the provision that makes it extremely difficult for ATF to retrieve firearms from prohibited persons who mistakenly sold guns or from gun owners who become ineligible to possess guns.
  • End the prohibition on ATF requiring gun dealers to submit their inventories to law enforcement.
  • End the prohibition on public disclosure of data on multiple handgun sales, as well as gun sales information dealers are required to keep that may be required to be reported to the U.S. Attorney General for determining the disposition of one or more firearms in the course of a bona fide criminal investigation.

Joining Durbin and Menendez in cosponsoring the Senate bill are Senators Cory Booker, Richard Blumenthal, Ed Markey, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand and Chris Murphy.

https://www.kfvs12.com/2020/02/14/senators-introduce-bill-disclose-federal-gun-records-tracing-data/

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2020, 07:38:14 AM »
They won't stop until they are forced to. Going to get ugly.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »
Crazy. These are some of Biden's gun control measures he says he will enact if he gets elected:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns. Today, we have the technology to allow only authorized users to fire a gun. For example, existing smart gun technology requires a fingerprint match before use. Biden believes we should work to eventually require that 100% of firearms sold in the U.S. are smart guns.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2020, 02:48:51 PM »
2nd Amendment nullifies gun control....."shall not be infringed" 8)

You’ll like the new shirts coming in 3-4 weeks. I’ll have the mock up later today and yes, plenty of 3x

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »
You’ll like the new shirts coming in 3-4 weeks. I’ll have the mock up later today and yes, plenty of 3x
It's about time! 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2020, 07:30:12 PM »
You’ll like the new shirts coming in 3-4 weeks. I’ll have the mock up later today and yes, plenty of 3x4X bell bottomed

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2020, 01:58:17 PM »
Tammy Bruce: If guns are so freely available everywhere else, why is Chicago such a bloodbath?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tammy-bruce-guns-freely-available-115732417.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2020, 08:13:37 PM »
A friend of mine lives in a really nice secluded neighborhood close to a major metro. A group of joggers broke into several houses and stole a luxury car last night. Wonder how many Biden signs will stay up? Several videos on ring cams but cops don't have any leads....

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2020, 09:11:22 PM »
A friend of mine lives in a really nice secluded neighborhood close to a major metro. A group of joggers broke into several houses and stole a luxury car last night. Wonder how many Biden signs will stay up? Several videos on ring cams but cops don't have any leads....

But... this happened while Trump was President?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2020, 11:39:36 PM »
But... this happened while Trump was President?

Very liberal county. More new gun owners.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »
I control all my guns

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2020, 03:53:16 PM »
I control all my guns
I lost all of mine in a terrible boating accident. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2020, 11:04:56 AM »
Of Course Kamala Harris Supports Gun Confiscation

There’s already a concerted gaslighting effort underway to convince voters that Kamala Harris, the Democratic Party’s vice-presidential nominee, would never support something as crazy as the confiscation of millions of firearms.

Take this USA Today factcheck headlined “Kamala Harris didn’t say she’d send police to take firearms via executive order.” You may notice the highly narrow specificity of this debunking. It’s a little game political media like to play — the Associated Press miraculously ran almost an identical piece on the same day — in which reporters take a hyperbolic backbencher’s comments or a misleading social-media post — in this case, a Facebook post that is “gaining traction” — and use it as a strawman to deceive voters about one of the controversial positions of their favored politician.

While USA Today is correct that Harris has never explicitly maintained that she would sign an executive order to “send police” to break down your door, she is the first person to be on a major presidential ticket in American history who openly supports gun confiscation. Whether she promised to implement those plans through legislation or via executive order is also, at best, opaque, despite factcheckers’ efforts to claim otherwise.

For one thing, USA Today insinuates that Harris, answering a question at an AFSCME forum in Las Vegas, denied she supported gun confiscation. I’m sorry, but her answer to the Washington Examiner’s Kerry Picket — “I’m actually prepared to take executive action to put in place rules that improve this situation” — isn’t by any standard a denial. In responding to the question, Harris not only failed to deny that she supported the confiscation of semi-automatic rifles, she also didn’t deny that she supported unilaterally creating a national database of gun owners. Somehow, though, USA Today and the Associated Press missed the numerous occasions on which Harris promoted her gun confiscation position. The latter, in fact, claimed that Harris merely backed a “renewal of the assault weapons ban,” which is factually inaccurate. The assault-weapons ban of 1994 only applied to weapons manufactured after the date of the law’s enactment. Harris supports retroactively making guns illegal — and then taking them through a mandatory buyback program.

The California senator said so unambiguously on Jimmy Fallon’s show in September 2019. She did so again the next month at an anti–Second Amendment event hosted by March for Our Lives, where she said, “We have to have a buyback program and I support a mandatory gun buyback program. It’s got to be smart. We’ve got to do it the right way but there are five million [assault weapons] at least, some estimate as many as 10 million, and we’re going to have to have smart public policy that’s about taking those off the streets but doing it the right way.”

That event, it should be noted, was billed as a policy a forum on “gun safety” — the same euphemism Harris used in the primary debate where she warned that she would circumvent the legislative branch on gun policy:

"Upon being elected, I will give the United States Congress 100 days to get their act together and have the courage to pass reasonable gun safety laws. And if they fail to do it, then I will take executive action."

So where did USA Today get the idea that Harris’ theoretical “gun safety” executive order would not include a ban on the most popular rifle in the United States?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/of-course-kamala-harris-supports-gun-confiscation/

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2020, 03:45:58 PM »
I lost all of mine in a terrible boating accident. :(

Ban boats!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2020, 03:54:29 PM »
No one is confiscating anything. Gun owners won’t let it happen

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2020, 04:47:22 PM »
Mandatory buyback = confiscation.
Dumb whore wants a civil war.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2020, 09:49:46 PM »
Of Course Kamala Harris Supports Gun Confiscation

There’s already a concerted gaslighting effort underway to convince voters that Kamala Harris, the Democratic Party’s vice-presidential nominee, would never support something as crazy as the confiscation of millions of firearms.

Take this USA Today factcheck headlined “Kamala Harris didn’t say she’d send police to take firearms via executive order.” You may notice the highly narrow specificity of this debunking. It’s a little game political media like to play — the Associated Press miraculously ran almost an identical piece on the same day — in which reporters take a hyperbolic backbencher’s comments or a misleading social-media post — in this case, a Facebook post that is “gaining traction” — and use it as a strawman to deceive voters about one of the controversial positions of their favored politician.

While USA Today is correct that Harris has never explicitly maintained that she would sign an executive order to “send police” to break down your door, she is the first person to be on a major presidential ticket in American history who openly supports gun confiscation. Whether she promised to implement those plans through legislation or via executive order is also, at best, opaque, despite factcheckers’ efforts to claim otherwise.

For one thing, USA Today insinuates that Harris, answering a question at an AFSCME forum in Las Vegas, denied she supported gun confiscation. I’m sorry, but her answer to the Washington Examiner’s Kerry Picket — “I’m actually prepared to take executive action to put in place rules that improve this situation” — isn’t by any standard a denial. In responding to the question, Harris not only failed to deny that she supported the confiscation of semi-automatic rifles, she also didn’t deny that she supported unilaterally creating a national database of gun owners. Somehow, though, USA Today and the Associated Press missed the numerous occasions on which Harris promoted her gun confiscation position. The latter, in fact, claimed that Harris merely backed a “renewal of the assault weapons ban,” which is factually inaccurate. The assault-weapons ban of 1994 only applied to weapons manufactured after the date of the law’s enactment. Harris supports retroactively making guns illegal — and then taking them through a mandatory buyback program.

The California senator said so unambiguously on Jimmy Fallon’s show in September 2019. She did so again the next month at an anti–Second Amendment event hosted by March for Our Lives, where she said, “We have to have a buyback program and I support a mandatory gun buyback program. It’s got to be smart. We’ve got to do it the right way but there are five million [assault weapons] at least, some estimate as many as 10 million, and we’re going to have to have smart public policy that’s about taking those off the streets but doing it the right way.”

That event, it should be noted, was billed as a policy a forum on “gun safety” — the same euphemism Harris used in the primary debate where she warned that she would circumvent the legislative branch on gun policy:

"Upon being elected, I will give the United States Congress 100 days to get their act together and have the courage to pass reasonable gun safety laws. And if they fail to do it, then I will take executive action."

So where did USA Today get the idea that Harris’ theoretical “gun safety” executive order would not include a ban on the most popular rifle in the United States?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/of-course-kamala-harris-supports-gun-confiscation/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/15/fact-check-harris-didnt-say-shed-send-police-confiscate-guns/5585922002/

In case anyone wants to read the article without the cherry picking.