Author Topic: IroNat  (Read 292459 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: IroNat
« Reply #750 on: October 01, 2020, 09:19:44 AM »
I enjoy reading The Scott's posts on your thread. They are much more relaxed and natural then when he posts elsewhere on Getbig. I had no idea his weight had fluctuated so much over the years.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #751 on: October 01, 2020, 09:54:35 AM »
I enjoy reading The Scott's posts on your thread. They are much more relaxed and natural then when he posts elsewhere on Getbig. I had no idea his weight had fluctuated so much over the years.

I have a very fast metabolism.  Always have and apparently still do.  I read here about people doubting anyone's ability to consume thousands of calories a day and then do it.

Nutritional value aside, a calorie is a calorie.  I will drink several quarts of chocolate milk a day a 980+ calories a quart.  I will eat a six pack of Klondike bars a day (think they're 400 or so calories each) and on top of that eat three meals at 2,000+ calories each because when I feel great and want to train, I need fuel.

I am also employed and do a lot of moving of materials.  That burns calories too.  Right now I am off this week due to doctor stuff and so am not eating much of anything or not at all if I have some test thing to go to and they tell me to fast after midnight.

When I was young I really did drink up to 3 gallons of milk a day as well as pints of whipping creme, quarts of half and half and kefir too (I was a manual laborer back in my youth).    To get big and strong I think you have to gain weight and exercise hard.   I no longer do that  to a great degree but that's to be expected.  Bruce Randall was one inspiration  but I never got that HUGE, LOL!

I did compete in bodybuilding a few times but when I dieted I lost everything.  My bodyfat level is usually 20% to 24% and that is normal for my age according to my doctors.  I've been as low as 9.6% but that was awful for me as I was wasted away and my family, friends and co-workers were concerned as was I.  Never again, or so I hope!

And yes, I can be a jerque (cool European spelling, huh?! ;) ) but here in this area I do not see any reason to be.  Here we are truly of like mind and I respect Nat and OT and those that come to their threads as I think we are all here for inspiration and those two gentlemen provide that in spades. 

This morning I did five supersets of 10 to 20 reps with a measly 50 lbs on the pec-dec/vertical machine bench press.  It felt good but as Nat rightly pointed out, that is enough.

Or as my wife might say to me if she spoke to me, "That'll do pig...That'll do."  ;D ;D ;D ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #752 on: October 01, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »

Or as my wife might say to me if she spoke to me, "That'll do pig...That'll do."  ;D ;D ;D ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2020, 06:43:01 AM »
Oct 3

Incline press - Pyramid weight up to 3x3 then a final lighter rep out pump set
Alternate db rows - 3x12
BN lat pulldown - 3x12
Rear db laterals - 3x10
Belt squat - 3x10
Leg curls - 3x10
Donkey calf raises - 6x20
Standing alternate db curls - 3x10
Tricep pushdowns - 3x12
Wrist curls - 3xMax reps both ways
Farmers walk

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #754 on: October 04, 2020, 07:56:39 AM »
Oct 3

Incline press - Pyramid weight up to 3x3
Alternate db rows - 3x12
BN lat pulldown - 3x12
Rear db laterals - 3x10
Belt squat - 3x10
Leg curls - 3x10
Donkey calf raises - 6x20
Standing alternate db curls - 3x10
Tricep pushdowns - 3x12
Farmers walk

How do you do donkey calf raises?  I thought you trained alone?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #755 on: October 04, 2020, 08:41:05 AM »
How do you do donkey calf raises?  I thought you trained alone?

Hey OT.

I'm doing them with the hip belt.  Chain through the hip belt rings, then chain around end of weighted barbell on the side of power rack.  Lift bar end off pin, step onto wood block.  It works pretty well.

My heel is still hurting.  May have to go to doctor.  Mowed the lawn yesterday and it was killing me. 
Using crutches today.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #756 on: October 04, 2020, 11:10:36 AM »
Hey OT.

I'm doing them with the hip belt.  Chain through the hip belt rings, then chain around end of weighted barbell on the side of power rack.  Lift bar end off pin, step onto wood block.  It works pretty well.

My heel is still hurting.  May have to go to doctor.  Mowed the lawn yesterday and it was killing me. 
Using crutches today.Y

Wow, sounds serious to use crutches.  I'm lucky to have a board certified foot doctor near me.  You might need a MRI to look for a tear.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #757 on: October 04, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »
Wow, sounds serious to use crutches.  I'm lucky to have a board certified foot doctor near me.  You might need a MRI to look for a tear.

It's not easy to stay off your foot.  I'll call the orthopedist place tomorrow and see if I can get in for a look.  Probably just need a cortisone shot to calm things down.  Until then I'll keep working out and crutch around.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #758 on: October 04, 2020, 02:36:21 PM »

It's not easy to stay off your foot.  I'll call the orthopedist place tomorrow and see if I can get in for a look.  Probably just need a cortisone shot to calm things down.  Until then I'll keep working out and crutch around.

I have had amazing results with cortisone. I know some people don't and it puzzles me. Orthopedist I bet will want an MRI so see if the radiologist sees a tendon tear.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #759 on: October 04, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »
I have had amazing results with cortisone. I know some people don't and it puzzles me. Orthopedist I bet will want an MRI so see if the radiologist sees a tendon tear.

I don't want an MRI.  I'm sure they'll take an xray which is useless but they have to pay for the machine so they do one.

No doubt there are small tears in the fascia or whatever.  No way would I'd have an operation so forget the MRI.

It will heal by itself but I would like to speed up the process and relieve pain with a cortisone shot.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #760 on: October 04, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »
I don't want an MRI.  I'm sure they'll take an xray which is useless but they have to pay for the machine so they do one.

No doubt there are small tears in the fascia or whatever.  No way would I'd have an operation so forget the MRI.

It will heal by itself but I would like to speed up the process and relieve pain with a cortisone shot.

Corstisone doesnt help me but the other stuff in pills does.  It is similar and I cant think of the name of it.  When I was hit with a rack of stuff weighing over 500 pounds my shoulders were really hurt but my friend was safe as I stopped it from smasing him. months later i was give that pill medicine like cortisone and it was only a few days but it really made me better for that time.  Sorry for the  pain you are in, brohter!

I cannot have that pill much as it is too hard on me says my doctor.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: October 04, 2020, 05:28:13 PM »

Years ago I had arthroscopic knee surgery to trim a torn meniscus. Because the doctor decided to make a series of holes in the knee bone which supposedly causes it to bleed forming a clot which replaces the lost cushioning (meniscus), I was not supposed to put any weight on that knee for a couple of weeks. He sent me home with crutches. I never could figure out how to use them right.

Unfortunately, my wife fell the same day of the surgery. Someone had to help her up and I was the only other person in the house at the time. -Ever try lifting dead weight while standing on one leg? I couldn't do it. So, I put weight on the knee in order to get her up off the floor. Our daughter who was living on base with her husband at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas just happened to call shortly after the fall. She hopped on a plane and arrived either later that day or the next day to take care of her decrepit parents.

That knee took a very long time to heal. In fact, it left me with terribly painful neuropathy. To this day, my right foot will randomly go numb when walking. When this happens, I am forced to get off my foot for a period of time. I literally cannot take another step without having excruciating pain. Over the years, the frequency of this happening has decreased. It was after this started that I quit running.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: October 04, 2020, 06:11:21 PM »
A totally different topic but hope you enjoy it.

http://otpmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/Pearl-Draper-Conversation.pdf

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #763 on: October 04, 2020, 06:35:44 PM »
A totally different topic but hope you enjoy it.

http://otpmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/Pearl-Draper-Conversation.pdf

Two of my favorite genuine champions.  Thank you!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: October 05, 2020, 07:44:41 AM »
10/5/20

Sissy squats - 3x15 superset Leg curls - 3x10
Seated calf raises - 6x12
Behind neck press - 3x8-10 superset Behind neck lat pulldowns - 3x12
45degree Incline db fly - 3x10 superset Alternate Db Row - 3x10
Stiff leg deadlift - 1x12
Seated close grip overhead tricep press - 3x8-10
Tricep pushdown - 3x10
EZ bar wide curl - 3x10
Seated overhead cable curl - 3x10
Preacher curl with barbell - 3x10
Wrist curls both ways - 3xMax Reps
Block pinch - singles to a max
Suitcase carry

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #765 on: October 05, 2020, 04:22:41 PM »
10/5/20

Tricep pushdown - 3x10
EZ bar wide curl - 3x10
Suitcase carry

Must have been tough to workout if you're on crutches. Does the heel hurt doing the seated calf raises?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #766 on: October 05, 2020, 06:20:22 PM »
Must have been tough to workout if you're on crutches. Does the heel hurt doing the seated calf raises?

Once the blood gets in there it doesn't hurt much.  Plus your heel is not in contact with anything doing calf raises.

Walking around it hurt a bit.  The crutches are just to give the foot a break.

I also took an ibuprofen at 9PM the night before and when I got up which makes a big difference.  Trained about 8AM.

Tomorrow going to the doctor who will probably tell me to "rest".   ;)

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: October 06, 2020, 11:57:12 AM »
Went to doc.

Had x-rays.  Prescribed calf stretches.

Asked for cortisone shot and got it.  Felt better in minutes.

When she pumped that cortisone in there I was ready to tell the state secrets.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #768 on: October 06, 2020, 12:48:31 PM »
10/5/20

Tricep pushdown - 3x10
EZ bar wide curl - 3x10
Suitcase carry

Had to look up what a suitcase carry exercise was. Looks like if you do it right, it is really good for one's posture.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #769 on: October 06, 2020, 06:57:19 PM »
Last weeks treatments and the new prescriptions are working and I feel better.  My doctors Have given me permission to work full time as well as exercise unless I become dizzy or worse.  I am very happy. I will look to this and OT’s thread for inspiration. 

I am actually really happy.  I will exercise caution more than my muscles. ;D. My ego can easily push me over.  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: October 07, 2020, 12:14:41 PM »
Belt squat 3x10 superset Leg curls 3x10
Donkey calf raises 6x20
30 degree Incline barbell press pyramid weight to 3x3 plus final pump set superset Behind neck lat pulls 3x12 and Alternate db rows 3x12
Rear db laterals 3x10
Stiff leg deadlift 1x14
Seated overhead close grip barbell press 3x10 superset Standing barbell curls 3x10
Seated overhead cable curls 5x10
Wrist curls 3xMaxReps both ways
Block pinch singles to a max
Heavy bag carry

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #771 on: October 07, 2020, 12:19:13 PM »
Last weeks treatments and the new prescriptions are working and I feel better.  My doctors Have given me permission to work full time as well as exercise unless I become dizzy or worse.  I am very happy. I will look to this and OT’s thread for inspiration. 

I am actually really happy.  I will exercise caution more than my muscles. ;D. My ego can easily push me over.  ;D

Sounds good, Scott!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: October 10, 2020, 10:33:14 AM »
10/10/20

Front squats - 3x6
Leg curls - 3x10
Seated calf raise - 6x12
Seated behind neck press - Pyramid weight up and down - sets of 8-10 reps
BN lat pulldown - 3x12
Rear db laterals - 3x10
Incline db flyes - 3x10
Alternate db rows - 3x10
Stiff legged deadlift - 1x16
Incline db curls - 3x10
Overhead cable curls - 3x10
Tricep pushdowns - 5x12
Block pinch singles to a max
Farmers walk

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #773 on: October 11, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »
I'm kinda grumpy because I tried to do some negative body-weight dips and about knocked myself out.  I will stick to the 20 lb. to 30 lb. tricep pushdowns for now.  I hate being like normal people, i.e., weak and physically pathetic.   I warmed up my elbows with a set of light pushdowns and thought, "Ok...just take it easy and lower yourself as slowly as you can.  Either gravity was really powerful beneath my dip bars or I am the worlds biggest fucking wimp.

I'm the world's biggest fucking wimp.  ;D

But I have my sense of humor.  It'll take more than my stupidity to knock that out of me.   I am going to eat some lasagna now.  Not too much though.   ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #774 on: October 11, 2020, 06:07:58 PM »
I'm kinda grumpy because I tried to do some negative body-weight dips and about knocked myself out.  I will stick to the 20 lb. to 30 lb. tricep pushdowns for now.  I hate being like normal people, i.e., weak and physically pathetic.   I warmed up my elbows with a set of light pushdowns and thought, "Ok...just take it easy and lower yourself as slowly as you can.  Either gravity was really powerful beneath my dip bars or I am the worlds biggest fucking wimp.

I'm the world's biggest fucking wimp.  ;D

But I have my sense of humor.  It'll take more than my stupidity to knock that out of me.   I am going to eat some lasagna now.  Not too much though.   ;D

Several years ago, my sister tore her right deltoid doing bodyweight dips at the gym (and no, she's not a big woman).