Author Topic: More Blood on Biden's hands  (Read 998 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: More Blood on Biden's hands
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 01:38:17 PM »
I like how they call them migrants.

They are immigrants.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:14:26 PM »
I like how they call them migrants.

They are immigrants.

Technically by definition they are migrants, and they are also immigrants. If things get as bad for them here as they were where they migrated from, they will migrate somewhere else. This is to say, those who survive the journey.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 08:24:48 PM »
This story will be dead by tomorrow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 06:48:52 PM »
Technically by definition they are migrants, and they are also immigrants. If things get as bad for them here as they were where they migrated from, they will migrate somewhere else. This is to say, those who survive the journey.

By definition, a migrant is someone who is visiting for work or school and/or not staying permanently.

An immigrant is someone making a permanent move.  All of these illegals are immigrants, not migrants. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 02:47:11 AM »
By definition, a migrant is someone who is visiting for work or school and/or not staying permanently.

An immigrant is someone making a permanent move.  All of these illegals are immigrants, not migrants.

Sure, that is the most commonly definition of migrant. It is also used to define folks who migrate somewhere, either legally or illegally.

mi·grant

NOUN
a person who moves from one place to another, especially in order to find work or better living conditions.
synonyms
immigrant · emigrant · incomer · newcomer · asylum seeker · settler · expatriate · expat · exile · nomad · itinerant · gypsy · traveler · vagrant · transient · rover · wayfarer · wanderer · drifter · displaced person · DP · homeless person · streety

ADJECTIVE
tending to migrate or having migrated:
"migrant birds"
synonyms
traveling · wandering · moving · migrating · migratory · expatriate · drifting · nomadic · roving · roaming · itinerant · peripatetic · vagrant · transient · floating · unsettled · on the move · displaced · homeless

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/migrant#synonyms

'Examples of migrant in a Sentence' 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 01:51:36 PM »

He's focused on the definition only and not meaning.

Also, technically they can't be immigrants because that would mean they have permission to be here legally. Illegal's cannot be considered an immigrant by that definition too.

As always, hyper focused on technicalities.

You got my point, they are not migrant workers. And once they get here they aren't migrating somewhere else.

That's why i didn't respond, because he totally wiffed on my point.

Now he's going to say something silly and paste something else he found online trying to refute my intent.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 02:54:02 PM »
Sure, that is the most commonly definition of migrant. It is also used to define folks who migrate somewhere, either legally or illegally.

mi·grant

NOUN
a person who moves from one place to another, especially in order to find work or better living conditions.
synonyms
immigrant · emigrant · incomer · newcomer · asylum seeker · settler · expatriate · expat · exile · nomad · itinerant · gypsy · traveler · vagrant · transient · rover · wayfarer · wanderer · drifter · displaced person · DP · homeless person · streety

ADJECTIVE
tending to migrate or having migrated:
"migrant birds"
synonyms
traveling · wandering · moving · migrating · migratory · expatriate · drifting · nomadic · roving · roaming · itinerant · peripatetic · vagrant · transient · floating · unsettled · on the move · displaced · homeless

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/migrant#synonyms

'Examples of migrant in a Sentence'

The distinction you are missing is temporary versus permanent. 

https://byjus.com/english/difference-between-migrant-and-immigrant/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »
He's focused on the definition only and not meaning.

Also, technically they can't be immigrants because that would mean they have permission to be here legally. Illegal's cannot be considered an immigrant by that definition too.

As always, hyper focused on technicalities.

You got my point, they are not migrant workers. And once they get here they aren't migrating somewhere else.

That's why i didn't respond, because he totally wiffed on my point.

Now he's going to say something silly and paste something else he found online trying to refute my intent.

The misuse of these terms is deliberate.  I recall when Psaki was trying to explain why illegals at the border are not required to be vaccinated, she said because they were "migrants" were not staying here permanently.  Absolutely dishonest.

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 03:40:28 PM »
Illegal immigrant- illegal migrant. Take your pick, potato potahto

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 04:09:39 PM »
The misuse of these terms is deliberate.  I recall when Psaki was trying to explain why illegals at the border are not required to be vaccinated, she said because they were "migrants" were not staying here permanently.  Absolutely dishonest.

Yup!

It's to change the viewpoint.

Try to get people to think they are seasonal workers who will return home in a few months.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 01:16:01 PM »
Migrants still dead??