Author Topic: What Got You Into Bodybuilding?  (Read 2398 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: What Got You Into Bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2022, 02:20:40 PM »
Which is why you look like you do. You shut the door to the gym and ate too much food instead.
Damn Prime! Getting frisky in your old age. Getbig has rubbed one off on you.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2022, 03:49:51 PM »
Damn Prime! Getting frisky in your old age. Getbig has rubbed one off on you.

That baby GIF is freaking hilarious...

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2022, 04:20:05 PM »
I started lifting at 14 for sports. They noticed i had naturally strong legs, so they pushed me to train 3-4 days a week.

Trained for football all through high school. I wasn't good enough to start, but i played second string WR and Safety, just because i could run fast and catch.

I went to a Texas football powerhouse school, we won state championships.

I wasn't that big, only 165 pounds my senior year, we had some monsters on the team.

So, me and the other backups would work out like crazy.

After high school i started competing in Olympic weightlifting for 3 years and did really well.

Then competed in a BBing contest at 21 years old, hated it.

Then competed in powerlifting for 7 years.

Decided the injuries were not worth it so back to BBing.

Like everyone else, Arnold was the one.

And we used to joke about how we wanted to look like JCVD.

Now i just lift weights to stay in shape, no point pushing the envelope in my 40's.

I look and feel great, that's what matters today.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2022, 01:38:16 AM »
I started lifting at 14 for sports. They noticed i had naturally strong legs, so they pushed me to train 3-4 days a week.

Trained for football all through high school. I wasn't good enough to start, but i played second string WR and Safety, just because i could run fast and catch.

I went to a Texas football powerhouse school, we won state championships.

I wasn't that big, only 165 pounds my senior year, we had some monsters on the team.

So, me and the other backups would work out like crazy.

After high school i started competing in Olympic weightlifting for 3 years and did really well.

Then competed in a BBing contest at 21 years old, hated it.

Then competed in powerlifting for 7 years.

Decided the injuries were not worth it so back to BBing.

Like everyone else, Arnold was the one.

And we used to joke about how we wanted to look like JCVD.

Now i just lift weights to stay in shape, no point pushing the envelope in my 40's.

I look and feel great, that's what matters today.

Very cool TIO!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2022, 01:53:27 AM »
Comic book super heroes. They really do influence young boys which is probably why they are creating gay super heroes now.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2022, 06:30:41 AM »
Comic book super heroes. They really do influence young boys which is probably why they are creating gay super heroes now.

Not sure I would have prefered Captain Americas physique if he was getting buttfucked in the comics

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2022, 07:45:56 AM »
Being bullied as a kid
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2022, 07:47:41 AM »
Being bullied as a kid
What's changed? You are bullied as an adult.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2022, 09:22:07 AM »
It all started the first time somebody called me “Jew boy”. Not being Jewish, I took great offense to this. I rode off on my rusty-fendered bike shouting, “I’ll show you Catholics that you’re the ones who are no good!”

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2022, 10:16:49 AM »
It all started the first time somebody called me “Jew boy”. Not being Jewish, I took great offense to this. I rode off on my rusty-fendered bike shouting, “I’ll show you Catholics that you’re the ones who are no good!”

Exactly. See, you can beat a dog and it's going to do one of two things....it's going to roll over and die or it's going to bite you and attack you. And I'm the type of person...uh... who's the type of dog that....that...uh... Alright, say I'm a dog. I know I'm not really a dog but pretend. Let me start over. I'm a cat. Pretend I'm a cat----

Directot: Cut!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2022, 10:18:36 AM »
Exactly. See, you can beat a dog and it's going to do one of two things....it's going to roll over and die or it's going to bite you and attack you. And I'm the type of person...uh... who's the type of dog that....that...uh... Alright, say I'm a dog. I know I'm not really a dog but pretend. Let me start over. I'm a cat. Pretend I'm a cat----

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2022, 12:14:40 PM »

Excellent.  This is why Getbig pays you big money.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2022, 12:18:46 PM »

F

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2022, 12:24:52 PM »
I red some DC comics in middle school, immediately hooked up with those muscle images. I went to store bought a pair of 10 lbs dumbbells, which led to my pro card after 26 years.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2022, 12:32:43 PM »
Big arms. I’m not a bodybuilder just a guy who has always loved big arms so basically all my workouts are geared toward making my arms bigger. Honestly couldn’t careless what the rest of me looks like.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2022, 12:50:07 PM »
when I was 8, I saw the first Steve Reeves' Hercules movie in the theatre next birthday I asked for and got a 70 lb golden billard set. I did presses , rows and curls for a few months. when I went to high school I played football and destroyed my leg was in a cast for a year., that started me lifting weights again to try to come back from the injury. during that time I realized I liked lifting weights more than playing team sports. I've been at it ever since, for better or worse till death do us { the iron ] part.
F

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2022, 01:02:11 PM »

Legit lol’d!  ;D

Excellent.  This is why Getbig pays you big money.

I honestly wish this was a career choice. I’d probably already be retired with Taffin arguing about who gets to wear the Golden Thong today

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2022, 02:14:54 AM »
Not sure I would have prefered Captain Americas physique if he was getting buttfucked in the comics
:D Or Ironman sucking a big dick.

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2022, 02:45:53 AM »
It was probably Van Damme, Arnold, and Sly.

If you were the right age, those action heroes really set the stage for what teens wanted to look like.

It was a combination of watching Bloodsport as a kid and being obsessed with WWF and the Ultimate Warrior in particular.  I also met Lou Ferrigno as a kid in 1992 (still owe my old man $20 to this day for the pic), and that had a huge impact on me as well. 

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2022, 04:54:52 AM »
It was a combination of watching Bloodsport as a kid and being obsessed with WWF and the Ultimate Warrior in particular.  I also met Lou Ferrigno as a kid in 1992 (still owe my old man $20 to this day for the pic), and that had a huge impact on me as well.

I believe it. I don't think Lou would give a discount, even to his own son.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2022, 07:36:52 AM »

My WWF guy was young Tony “Mr. USA” Atlas. I couldn’t believe anybody could have arms like that.

I was maybe 12 at the time telling my mother that I wanted to look like Tony.

To which my mother responded “He’s Black!”😂

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2022, 08:34:20 AM »
I red some DC comics in middle school, immediately hooked up with those muscle images. I went to store bought a pair of 10 lbs dumbbells, which led to my pro card after 26 years.

This proves using very light weight does build muscle but very, very s-l-o-w-l-y.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2022, 08:52:12 AM »
I watched Commando one too many times around 12/13 and I wanted to look like Arnold.

DerrickRigg.bber

• Getbig II
  • 6'2", 277lb. bodybuilder
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2022, 09:34:37 AM »
My late dad got me into boxing when I was 11; the same year my dad got sick. Had to get a job at 15 as the oldest child. Dad died at 17 and I started lifting to get my aggression out. Then bodybuilding , competing, etc.
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2022, 01:35:29 PM »

Do you still train with 10lb dumbbells?  ;D