Author Topic: What's all this hype with Chris Bumstead? I don't get it.  (Read 2937 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
What's all this hype with Chris Bumstead? I don't get it.
« on: July 03, 2022, 05:51:32 AM »
I love Classic Physique. I've been hyping it since its inception and wanted it around before it was created although I believe it should've replaced the open division.

Anyway, Danny Hester was a good first champ. Breon is great but older (42) and has flaws like everyone (bowed legs and short 5'6).
Ruffin is incredible but short.

One guy I've been following for years but have not figured out the hype is Bumstead.

Bumstead is littered with flaws but he's the #1 personality in bodybuilding today including the open. It's not just for his physique. He's young, tallish, handsome, Caucasian, and somewhat charismatic = money for IFBB.

Like many champions that win multiple times, imo he shouldn't have won in 2019 or 2020. Definitely a gift but I felt they wanted to grow the division and he was the best person to  do that because all of the aforementioned reasons.

His true height is 5'11 don't know what they list him at. But he's not 6'0 or 6'1...His biceps are horrendous. They look like Dorian's post tear. The attachments of his quads at the hip are mangled and not clean looking.  Don't know if it's an injury. His neck is tiny and he has pointy shoulders.
Imo his only deserved win was last year. Even then to me I'd choose Ruffin over him as Ruffin is more complete.

Seems like a nice guy and I'll occasionally watch his YouTube videos but can't say I'm a fan of his physique. If I'm keeping it white, I think Logan Franklin has better structure, cleaner lines and more potential within the division.

Alright, I'm done being a hater. Just needed to get that out.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
Re: What's all this hype with Chris Bumstead? I don't get it.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 05:57:37 AM »
its not healthy to be obsessed with how other men look...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 05:59:08 AM »
its not healthy to be obsessed with how other men look...

Welcome to bodybuilding where it is a judgment zone. Obsessed, no. Analytical, absolutely.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 06:25:32 AM »
Welcome to bodybuilding where it is a judgment zone. Obsessed, no. Analytical, absolutely.
a page of text about another mans "look" isnt a rational thing to do for a sane person

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 06:39:39 AM »
You understand you're on a bodybuilding board right? This is where we write pages of texts about another man's physical stature. We analyze and nitpick. It's not less sane than being obsessed over men throwing a ball through a hoop. You're troll game is below average. Is that you in your thumbnail?....I didn't think so. You have a damn near naked man tanned, oiled and jacked. He's posing and of all the things in the world one could use in their thumbnail, you choose that and him. Are there things Joswift Weider?

(That's how you troll :D)
no, no "we" dont.

yes, yes it is...

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 06:42:02 AM »
He’s a tall-ish handsome white man. Top of the food chain. Deep down that infuriates you.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 06:47:04 AM »
Being condemned to a lifetime of second class citizenry, no matter what you accomplish, simply because of the color of your skin, is a heavy weight to carry.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 06:51:56 AM »
He’s a tall-ish handsome white man. Top of the food chain. Deep down that infuriates you.

Lol!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 06:55:07 AM »
Being condemned to a lifetime of second class citizenry, no matter what you accomplish, simply because of the color of your skin, is a heavy weight to carry.

:'(

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 07:44:47 AM »
a page of text about another mans "look" isnt a rational thing to do for a sane person
Its not rational to prance around, oiled and bronzed, in a thong, for an audience.

It's not Chippendales.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 08:11:11 AM »
What do you think of Urs, Wiggs? Would he be a deserving champion?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 08:25:35 AM »
Wiggs is just a racist.

Not judging him for that, just stating objective facts.

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 08:27:04 AM »
Him being allowed to compete at up to 240 is an absolute joke. He’s not 6’1 at all. There’s a weigh in vid of him from a few years ago where he surprised his weight limit is 240. I can’t remember it exactly but he says, “I guess I’m 6’1 now”. In the prep leading up to one of the early Olympias he’s trying to stay at 230 too. It’s all marketing….. but it’s working, he’s more popular than anyone in the industry by far. They won’t ever allow him to be measured in public like the new guys though

I love Classic Physique. I've been hyping it since its inception and wanted it around before it was created although I believe it should've replaced the open division.

Anyway, Danny Hester was a good first champ. Breon is great but older (42) and has flaws like everyone (bowed legs and short 5'6).

One guy I've been following for years but have not figured out the hype is Bumstead.

Bumstead is littered with flaws but he's the #1 personality in bodybuilding today including the open. It's not just for his physique. He's young, tallish, handsome, Caucasian, and somewhat charismatic = money for IFBB.

Like many champions that win multiple times, imo he shouldn't have won in 2019 or 2020. Definitely a gift but I felt they wanted to grow the division and he was the best person to  do that because all of the aforementioned reasons.

His true height is 5'11 don't know what they list him at. But he's not 6'0 or 6'1...His biceps are horrendous. They look like Dorian's post tear. The attachments of his quads at the hip are mangled and not clean looking.  Don't know if it's an injury. His neck is tiny and he has pointy shoulders.
Imo his only deserved win was last year. Even then to me I'd choose Ruffin over him as Ruffin is more complete.

Seems like a nice guy and I'll occasionally watch his YouTube videos but can't say I'm a fan of his physique. If I'm keeping it white, I think Logan Franklin has better structure, cleaner lines and more potential within the division.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 08:35:46 AM »
Wiggs is just a racist.

Not judging him for that, just stating objective facts.

Buddy, I'm a fan of Logan Franklin within Classic Physique. He's tallish, has a better physique has more potential doesn't have a lisp, is a military vet, and handsome. Is that racist? Bumstead is OVERRATED as fuck.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 08:40:44 AM »
Buddy, I'm a fan of Logan Franklin within Classic Physique. He's tallish, has a better physique has more potential doesn't have a lisp, is a military vet, and handsome. Is that racist? Bumstead is OVERRATED as fuck.
Wiggs, will you start another thread about religion, and/or the origins of humanity.

I'd be interested in your thoughts these days. Still believe in a flat earth? Still believe the original Hebrews were black?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 08:42:10 AM »
Him being allowed to compete at up to 240 is an absolute joke. He’s not 6’1 at all. There’s a weigh in vid of him from a few years ago where he surprised his weight limit is 240. I can’t remember it exactly but he says, “I guess I’m 6’1 now”. In the prep leading up to one of the early Olympias he’s trying to stay at 230 too. It’s all marketing….. but it’s working, he’s more popular than anyone in the industry by far. They won’t ever allow him to be measured in public like the new guys though

Bro. I've seen videos, and pics of Bumstead next to guys that are really 6'0 - 6'1 and he's not it. They allowed him to do this for the extra weight to have an advantage over others to win and be the face of the division. Bumstead is 5'11.

We wonder how his back improved so dramatically from 2019 to 2020? Obviously hard work but he's allowed extra stage weight and NEW height.

Would you happen to have a link to that video?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2022, 08:58:27 AM »
What do you think of Urs, Wiggs? Would he be a deserving champion?

Urs is German therefore he's fine in my book. I still have an affinity for Germans (no homo). Really though, Urs has the best lower body in Classic. Incredible quads, the best calves on the division by far. The problem with Urs is his upper body doesn't match. I don't know how close he is to his weight cap but his upper body needs more size to match the lower. Really what it is is his arms. Because he has a good back and small waist but his arms bis and tris need more size.

The good thing is he's only 24 years old. He's 5'9 so if he stays in classic, I don't know what else he could with the weight cap.

He's definitely great and has great future ahead barring injuries. He's been working with Markus Ruhl and I've heard rumors about him going to the open don't know if they're true. I hope he doesn't. Open bodybuilding today ruins physiques and lives.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Trainer of Champions
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2022, 09:09:17 AM »
Letting Bunstead compete at 240lbs is nonsense hell the entire premise  of different weight caps for different heights is nonsense fuck classic

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2022, 09:31:36 AM »
Urs is great if you’re a fan of 15.5” pipe cleaners

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2022, 09:46:09 AM »
Why is no one talking about this guy?( marcello deangelis “ Horse MD”)

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2022, 09:48:19 AM »
Why is no one talking about this guy?( marcello deangelis “ Horse MD”)

Because he's one ugly MoFo (no homo). Classic is probably the division the "overall appearance" (facial, hair, etc.) counts the most.

That's why Urs straight from the Hitler youth cracked the Top 3 at his first attempt :P

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2022, 10:10:02 AM »

His height is 5'11"? Based on your laser vision? They literally measure each guy before the contest.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2022, 10:15:51 AM »
Does. (Looks) really play a factor to that extent? (Bumstead has a receding hairline just like Marcello has) ..his girl is pretty hot so he can’t be that ugly …. But I don’t know quite honestly if “ looks “ are a factor in Classic (it’s not like he’s Johnny Fuller or Benny Poda lol!) …..

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2022, 10:18:51 AM »
Letting Bunstead compete at 240lbs is nonsense hell the entire premise  of different weight caps for different heights is nonsense fuck classic

You wish you were 240

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2022, 10:21:26 AM »
Does. (Looks) really play a factor to that extent? (Bumstead has a receding hairline just like Marcello has) ..his girl is pretty hot so he can’t be that ugly …. But I don’t know quite honestly if “ looks “ are a factor in Classic (it’s not like he’s Johnny Fuller or Benny Poda lol!) …..

He's on Propecia now an had a hair transplant in Turkey (together with Ian Vaillere)