Author Topic: John Boehner refers to lots of Republicans elected in 2010 as morons  (Read 241 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I've been calling them morons for years too

Hey, does anyone here remember Roger Ailes
You know the fat fuck who spent years sexually harrassing his female employees before his company was sued multiple times and he eventually "resigned"

In an explosive excerpt from his forthcoming memoir, former House Speaker John Boehner calls Texas Sen. Ted Cruz a nasty name, refers to lots of Republicans elected in 2010 as "morons" and admits that President Barack Obama had little reason to find "common cause with people who think you are a secret Kenyan Muslim traitor to America."

All of these tidbits are interesting -- and will draw headlines. But the most important part of the piece, which is taken from his book -- "On the House" -- set to be released later this month, is what Boeher writes about the role Fox News and Roger Ailes, the man who ran the network, played in seeding the ground for the rise of the conspiracy theory wing of the GOP and its eventual leader Donald J. Trump.

Here's Boehner

"At some point after the 2008 election, something changed with my friend Roger Ailes. I once met him in New York during the Obama years to plead with him to put a leash on some of the crazies he was putting on the air. It was making my job trying to accomplish anything conservative that much harder. I didn't expect this meeting to change anything, but I still thought it was bullshit, and I wanted Roger to know it.

"When I put it to him like that, he didn't have much to say. But he did go on and on about the terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, which he thought was part of a grand conspiracy that led back to Hillary Clinton. Then he outlined elaborate plots by which George Soros and the Clintons and Obama (and whoever else came to mind) were trying to destroy him...."I thought I could get him to control the crazies, and instead I found myself talking to the president of the club.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/02/politics/john-boehner-roger-ailes-fox-news/index.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: John Boehner refers to lots of Republicans elected in 2010 as morons
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:53:41 PM »
Hillary and Biden both pay to play neocons in the same vein as Boner.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: John Boehner refers to lots of Republicans elected in 2010 as morons
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 04:56:05 AM »
Boner always was a whiny RINO!  He talks about the right wing crazies, ha,ha.  Has he watched the left for the last 5 years?