Author Topic: NBA Finals - Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?  (Read 88240 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: NBA finals: Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2013, 09:24:43 AM »
I want the spurs to win personally because I admire popovich, however almost all of you guys are being completely absurd to the point of stupidity about lebron in  your comparisons to Jordan or even Kobe...

Lebron has had to go to the finals with not only No center but also without any legitimate defensive or rebounding forwards.  Jordan had arguably the best rebounder of all time in Rodman, he also had a very skilled defender and offensive threat in horace grant, additionally he had three 7 footers who could provide 18 fouls and clog the paint.

Kobe got his first three rings with Shaq who is one of if not the most dominant center of all time, and he got his next two rings with 2 highly above average centers in Bynum and Gasol.

The reason Lebron was able to win against OKC was because they had no legitimate post players (Ibaka and colison are good defenders but no where near Duncan offensively).

The Idea that a team can play so small and compete in the finals is shocking given the history of the NBA.  If you give Lebron a legitimate low post player to complement him and he still doesn't produce than you can trash him.

Name any decent contender in the East though?  Miami has had easy street getting to the Finals.  All of the stacked teams are out west.  When Jordan played the stacked teams were out east. 
Bird and the Celtics, Ewing and the knicks, The Pistons, Pacers, all were good.
If Rose never got injured who knows is Miami even makes it to the finals last season.  They barely did this season against a no name Pacers team.  Last month no one could name two pacer players, now most people can name the starting five.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »
Name any decent contender in the East though?  Miami has had easy street getting to the Finals.  All of the stacked teams are out west.  When Jordan played the stacked teams were out east. 
If Rose never got injured who knows is Miami even makes it to the finals last season.  They barely did this season against a no name Pacers team.  Last month no one could name two pacer players, now most people can name the starting five.

Qft

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2013, 09:32:43 AM »
Yea but remember when the Heat signed the big 3? Consensus was this team would win multiple titles, even LeBron said not "not 4, 5 etc"...."experts" always had them the favorite to win. Why you think LeBron left Cleveland?

Come on man  ;D

bulls vs lakers, bulls vs Portland, bulls vs suns, bulls vs supersonics, bulls vs Utah, bulls vs Utah......Chicago never showed doubts that they would lose any of these finals...they were tested and proven......we can call the spurs one of the Great dynasty if they win number 5 even though they still haven't get respects....it is what it is....this heat team is a bust if they fail to deliver on their so called multiple championship....what a shame, so much money is spent and so little in return

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
You must be retarded. The Pacers took the Heat to seven Games. I would say that was a challenge  ::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2013, 10:59:26 AM »
You must be retarded. The Pacers took the Heat to seven Games. I would say that was a challenge  ::)
Jordan wouldn't have needed 7 games to eliminate the current version of the Pacers.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2013, 11:43:20 AM »
You must be retarded. The Pacers took the Heat to seven Games. I would say that was a challenge  ::)

That's my point fuckface. The heat should have blasted through Indy but didn't.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
I readily admit Spurs are awesome and Heat are underachieving spoiled brats.

I still say that talent + ego can beat a less talented smarter team, in NBA

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:57 PM »
NBA radio today local 770...

they said there was a point where they heat agreed to concede the game.  They dogged it, stuck with obstructed jumpers and minimzed their player times so they'd be fresh for Game 4.  They didn't want to spend the energy.  So while they lost by almost 40 points, it didn't matter, as they were just running out the clock.

it's what i said earlier also.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

After seeing the swingmen for the Spurs pump all of those threes + Leonard, I am starting to wonder who has the better talent.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2013, 12:46:53 PM »
NBA radio today local 770...

they said there was a point where they heat agreed to concede the game.  They dogged it, stuck with obstructed jumpers and minimzed their player times so they'd be fresh for Game 4.  They didn't want to spend the energy.  So while they lost by almost 40 points, it didn't matter, as they were just running out the clock.

it's what i said earlier also.

Eh, you and they say "there was a point". When was that point in the game?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »
  that was a rape with out lube

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2013, 02:48:07 PM »

.....Less talented....LOL..The only person more talented on that team is Lebron. I'll take a prime Duncan and Parker over Lebron and Wade any day. That "point" was at the beginning of the game.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2013, 05:43:10 PM »
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9376504/metta-world-peace-los-angeles-lakers-says-miami-heat-want-given-them

Ron artest needs to keep his mouth shut. Its over for him, its over for the lakers. Kobe will blowout his achilles again. Father time has officially caught up.

Spurs gave lebron the jumpshot, the plan worked, as i said Wade and Bosh have no clue on how to score now, Wade is hurt but at this point of the season, every player is hurt and exhausted. If lebron has another bad game i expect the Miami PR team to say his suffering from a neck sprain or whatever.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
Parker is playing tonight

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »
Come finish taking this ass whoopin. Just get it over with.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »
The combine salary of lebron / wade / bosh $52 million
is the combine salary of the whole spurs team..
spurs have a better overall team  8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »
The combine salary of lebron / wade / bosh $52 million
is the combine salary of the whole spurs team..
spurs have a better overall team  8)

8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2013, 01:42:56 PM »
IMAGINE the negative backlash if Lebron was honest...

"Well, we realized late in the 3rd that it just wasn't our night... instaed of blowing our load trying to get it to within 10 and hoping for a collapse in the 4th, we just decided to take it easy.  I launched awkward jumpers, never bothered driving to lane.  I'll have fresh legs tonight, while parker was tearing up his legs trying to run up the score.  It's a prcentages thing... if we win game 4 (and parker hurt, us rested, will probably happen), then it's a new series and we have home court.  Not worried..."

If he was HONEST like that, he'd be the biggest heel in the history of the game.  Nobody here is arguing the heat gave up in that game - we're just arguing the time on the clock when it happened ;)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »
IMAGINE the negative backlash if Lebron was honest...

"Well, we realized late in the 3rd that it just wasn't our night... instaed of blowing our load trying to get it to within 10 and hoping for a collapse in the 4th, we just decided to take it easy.  I launched awkward jumpers, never bothered driving to lane.  I'll have fresh legs tonight, while parker was tearing up his legs trying to run up the score.  It's a prcentages thing... if we win game 4 (and parker hurt, us rested, will probably happen), then it's a new series and we have home court.  Not worried..."

If he was HONEST like that, he'd be the biggest heel in the history of the game.  Nobody here is arguing the heat gave up in that game - we're just arguing the time on the clock when it happened ;)

Rob, I haven't seen you get this worked up in years. lol.  All we have to do tonight is win on our court against a desperate Miami team. If we can do that, it's pretty much over. Mr. 92.3% lololololol. How's that for a percentage thing.lolololol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »
Rob, I haven't seen you get this worked up in years. lol.  All we have to do tonight is win on our court against a desperate Miami team. If we can do that, it's pretty much over. Mr. 92.3% lololololol. How's that for a percentage thing.lolololol

I agree - If Spurs win tonight, there's a 1000% chance they win the series, probably wrap it up Sunday 4-1.
However, is Miami wins tonight, and it's tied 2-2 again... I feel it's then tilted to Miami's favor... Spurs then have to win in Miami, and David Stern doesn't want that ;)

The OTHER issue... do you believe the Heat secretly conceded the game early (IE: compltely stopped driving to basket)?   or do you believe the 'company line' that they were still giving 100% to the end?  LOL... Spurs were running on those fast breaks, sprinting... and Heat were just jogging back.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »
I agree - If Spurs win tonight, there's a 1000% chance they win the series, probably wrap it up Sunday 4-1.
However, is Miami wins tonight, and it's tied 2-2 again... I feel it's then tilted to Miami's favor... Spurs then have to win in Miami, and David Stern doesn't want that ;)

The OTHER issue... do you believe the Heat secretly conceded the game early (IE: compltely stopped driving to basket)?   or do you believe the 'company line' that they were still giving 100% to the end?  LOL... Spurs were running on those fast breaks, sprinting... and Heat were just jogging back.

Yeah if you guys win tonight, game 5 will be fucking huge and game 6 even bigger. And LOL...you're worse than me with the conspiracy theories. At least mine are true.  ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »
 Great post, QB

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
With this current generation of young punk fans a team like the Spurs willl never be given the credit they deserve.  If the Spurs win this series there will only be celebrating in SA.  National news will focus only on the loss by the Heat.  

Eventually Timmy, Tony and Manu will be gone and the Spurs will begin to rebuild.  The "Spurs Era" will come to a close and they'll fade out.  In 20 years ESPN will do a retrospective on the Spurs and people will then say, "Man, that was a hell of a team!!"

Non-Spurs fans don't understand why SA celebrates the Spurs so much.   It's simple, the city knows we're in the Spurs Era and that it's going to end LOL.  The day Tim Duncan retires the city will hold a mini-fiesta celebration....the rest of world doesn't see this stuff.  People don't get who the Spurs are.  My best friend has run into Tim Duncan at Best Buy and they chatted for 20 minutes....heck of a nice guy.   I've run into Malik Rose, Manu, Bruce Bowen at different Targets in HEB.....all super cool.  None of this uppity, Hollywood stuff......just down to earth guys. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Great post, QB

Thank you Sir.

Today i think Miami will somehow win cause they are very desperate, if Spurs win today its over, miami will never recover and i also see wade or bosh being traded.

Wade and Bosh are verry expendable now, both are expendable, if parkers hamstring is bothering him thats a big plus for miami. the hamstring takes a while to heal.