Author Topic: College protests  (Read 1349 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: College protests
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2024, 07:43:17 PM »
Why is violence the standard. If a group camped out on your lawn for days but doesn’t get violent, you’re okay with that?

My lawn is not a public place.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2024, 08:00:29 PM »
Why is violence the standard. If a group camped out on your lawn for days but doesn’t get violent, you’re okay with that?

That's a truly stupid hypothetical. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2024, 09:14:54 AM »
But your street is.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2024, 09:33:31 AM »

Neither is Columbia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_University

Columbia University, officially Columbia University in the City of New York,[6] is a private, Ivy League, research university in New York City, United States. Established in 1754 as King's College on the grounds of Trinity Church in Manhattan, it is the oldest institution of higher education in New York and the fifth-oldest in the United States and is considered one of the most prestigious universities in the world.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2024, 09:36:42 AM »
That's a truly stupid hypothetical.

Is that you standing behind her in the cutoff shirt?

i=AqrmPJDFsQPqRYkf

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2024, 11:48:25 PM »
Imagine if "protesters" were wearing red ballcaps??

They'd be sprayed w/ bullets.

These ones are provided with tents and food...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2024, 12:30:47 AM »
Imagine if "protesters" were wearing red ballcaps??

They'd be sprayed w/ bullets.

These ones are provided with tents and food...
White Nationalists! CNN would be running 24/7 coverage about how America is under attack.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: Today at 08:32:50 AM »
Oregon Pro-Palestinian Group Takes Responsibility for Setting Police Cars on Fire

Besides the leftist “insurrections” from last year we have hundreds going on now with destruction and cops getting attacked yet the left keeps political prisoners from J6 which doesn’t even compare in anyway

A pro-Palestinian group, named after a radical activist who died in Gaza, claimed alleged responsibility for torching several police cars in Portland, Oregon on Thursday.

In a post on the Rose City Counter-Info website, the group, which claimed to be the Rachel Corrie’s Ghost Brigade, wrote that it had “torched some” police cars belonging to the Portland Police Bureau at their “training facility.

Rachel Corrie was a radical activist from Olympia, Washington, who died after being crushed by an Israeli bulldozer in March 2003 while trying to protect a home in Gaza from being razed.

Corrie had initially become concerned about Israeli and Palestinian issues, and through hearing a friend’s stories, she ended up being concerned that Israel was harming people in Gaza by bulldozing their homes. She went on to join the International Solidarity Movement.

Her death was later ruled an accident. A judge ruled the driver had not seen Corrie and that she could have saved herself by getting out of the way.

“On May Day we torched some PPB cars at their training facility. We cut through a fence, set ten fires and are happy it grew to burn fifteen cars!” the alleged group claimed.

The group added that it had torched the vehicles for the “Haymarket Martyrs,” for “all the Black and Indigenous rebels murdered by slavers and settlers,” for all of the “brutalized student protesters,” and for the “Palestinian martyrs.”

“Our attack was preemptive. After seeing Humboldt, Columbia, UCLA and more we knew the occupation at PSU would be swept violently and wanted to attack PPB before,” the post continued.

Pro-Palestinian protesters had occupied the library at Portland State University for several days before law enforcement officials cleared the protesters out and made roughly 30 arrests, according to WGME.

The library at the university, which was left severely damaged, will be closed until the fall due to the repairs.

While we respect the student occupations, particularly the ones occupying buildings and causing damages to the colleges, we hate to see them passive and waiting to be attacked,” the post continued. “Catch the police off guard! They do not believe you are free! Show them you are! Raid them before they raid you!”

The Portland police department said as of Monday seventeen police cars had been reported to have been torched in the incident, according to Oregonlive.com.

Police revealed in a statement that they were aware of the post from the alleged group “claiming responsibility” for the incident and were investigating, according to the outlet.

“The investigation into this online incident is open and active,” Mike Benner, a spokesperson with the Portland Police Bureau told the outlet. “Detectives do not want to jeopardize the integrity of the investigation.”

While we respect the student occupations, particularly the ones occupying buildings and causing damages to the colleges, we hate to see them passive and waiting to be attacked,” the post continued. “Catch the police off guard! They do not believe you are free! Show them you are! Raid them before they raid you!”

The Portland police department said as of Monday seventeen police cars had been reported to have been torched in the incident, according to Oregonlive.com.

Police revealed in a statement that they were aware of the post from the alleged group “claiming responsibility” for the incident and were investigating, according to the outlet.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #59 on: Today at 08:46:45 AM »
Students at NYU Anti-Israel Protest Haven’t the Faintest Idea What They are Doing-Extraordinary popular delusions -- and the madness of crowds
Frontpagemagazine ^ | May 7, 2024 | Hugh Fitzgerald
Posted on 5/7/2024, 8:18:53 AM by SJackson

🚨VIDEO: A REAL interview we had at NYU:

QUESTION: “Why are you protesting?”

PROTESTER #1: “I don’t know. I’m pretty sure there’s something about Israel [turns to other person] Why are we protesting?”

PROTESTER #2: “I wish I was more educated.”

PROTESTER #1: “I’m not either.” pic.twitter.com/8aB2ZoTCCk

— Rudy W. Giuliani (@RudyGiuliani) April 24, 2024

Just as many have suspected, not all of those impassioned student protesters know what they are protesting. Some of them have just let slip, as they were being interviewed by journalists from the New York Post, that they haven’t the faintest idea what they are supposed to be opposing. Robert Spencer wrote about this briefly here, and more on this comical confusion can be found here: “Anti-Israel protesters at NYU admit they have no idea what they’re protesting: ‘I wish I was more educated,’” by Emily Crane, New York Post, April 25, 2024:

Two Columbia University students who rushed to join NYU’s violent anti-Israel rally are going viral after admitting they had no idea what the protest was about — and wished they were “more educated.”

The unidentified students rattled off their clueless rationale on the steps of the NYU campus in downtown Manhattan as a slew of NYPD cops clad in riot gear stood in the background, as seen in footage viewed more than 3 million times since being shared by former Mayor Rudy Giuliani late Wednesday.

“I think the main goal is just showing our support for Palestine and demanding that NYU stop … I honestly don’t know all of what NYU is doing,” one admitted when asked about the protest’s purpose.

“Support for Palestine”? Sounds innocuous, but what the chants are really calling for? “From the river to the sea/Palestine will be free” means the eradication of the Jewish state, the expulsion or killing of all of its Jewish inhabitants, and the replacement of Israel by a twenty-third Arab state. Do these protesters understand the meaning of what they have been taught to mindlessly repeat? And what about the other chants, such as “End Genocide Now,” which falsely accuses Israel of the gravest of crimes? Do they even know what the word “genocide” means? And when these student protesters praise Hamas for its “resistance,” do they know that they are praising a terror group whose operatives on October 7 raped, tortured, mutilated, and murdered 1,200 Israelis, and kidnapped another 260? When 3,000 Hamas members swooped into Israel in cars, on motorbikes, on paragliders, to engage in their orgy of killings, was that an act of “resistance”?

An unnamed Columbia University student gave her bizarre rationale when she was being interviewed on the steps of the NYU campus.

A slew of NYPD cops clad in riot gear stood in the background.

Asked if there was “something NYU is doing,” the student meekly replied: “I really don’t know, I’m pretty sure they are…”

Yes, of course. NYU must be doing “something” objectionable — that’s why there are students now objecting — but she “really doesn’t know” what it is. But if other people think there should be a protest on the NYU campus, she’s “pretty sure they are” doing it for a good reason. Hers not to reason why, hers but to scream and cry. And I suspect a great many other students now making life so unpleasant on campuses across America are equally clueless, and equally determined, despite their ignorance, to shout their slogans, flaunt their keffiyehs, and wave their Palestinian flags.

Those Columbia students, with their vague and bland little souls, just knew they should be joining the NYU students. That’s what protesters are supposed to do — support one another. They weren’t sure what exactly was the gravamen of the charges against the NYU administration, but were sure it must have been important: “something to do with Israel.” What, exactly? Oh, gosh, you know, we’re not exactly sure. But it is very important that we join the crowd to show just where we stand, even if we don’t quite know what it’s all about. Some one will let us know.

Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of crowds.

Nothing more need be said.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #60 on: Today at 11:00:07 AM »
Vandalizing WW1 monuments crosses the line for me.

I am pro free speech, but this shit should not be tolerated, and arrests should be made.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: Today at 11:25:04 AM »
It wasn’t too long ago where I said (along with a lot of people) that Universities should be federally defunded because they’re indoctrinating kids and coming out dumber than when they went in. The kids that aren’t involved that just want to graduate and get on with their lives should sue the living shit out of those systems. Most of the kids that should be graduating in 2024 can’t because commencements are getting canceled, these are the same kids that got screwed over in 2020 when graduations were canceled for the first time because of fake lockdowns. What a coincidence these both happened in election years…fuck liberal/communist leftists

https://www.foxnews.com/us/unc-chapel-hill-responds-professors-threaten-withhold-students-grades-support-anti-israel-rioters

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: Today at 11:26:45 AM »
It wasn’t too long ago where I said (along with a lot of people) that Universities should be federally defunded because they’re indoctrinating kids and coming out dumber than when they went in. The kids that aren’t involved that just want to graduate and get on with their lives should sue the living shit out of those systems. Most of the kids that should be graduating in 2024 can’t because commencements are getting canceled, these are the same kids that got screwed over in 2020 when graduations were canceled for the first time because of fake lockdowns. What a coincidence these both happened in election years…fuck liberal/communist leftists

https://www.foxnews.com/us/unc-chapel-hill-responds-professors-threaten-withhold-students-grades-support-anti-israel-rioters

They absolutely should be suing the S#$% out of these leftist fake schools. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: Today at 11:36:47 AM »
They absolutely should be suing the S#$% out of these leftist fake schools.

These poor kids that really wanted an education got screwed out of their high school graduations and now this. Sad

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: Today at 11:38:25 AM »
These poor kids that really wanted an education got screwed out of their high school graduations and now this. Sad

Horrible - but if they remain liberals or are liberals, its their own FNG fault going forward for whatever happens, 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #65 on: Today at 11:43:42 AM »
I don't have any problem with peaceful protesting or people speaking their minds about their thoughts.   These are freedoms.   Violence, destruction of property, obstruction, etc. is not ok.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: Today at 11:46:36 AM »
I don't have any problem with peaceful protesting or people speaking their minds about their thoughts.   These are freedoms.   Violence, destruction of property, obstruction, etc. is not ok.

Or preventing people from going to class, driving to work, going to a graduation, etc.   These people are garbage.   

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #67 on: Today at 12:02:59 PM »
Or preventing people from going to class, driving to work, going to a graduation, etc.   These people are garbage.

Run 'em over like the street trash that they are.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #68 on: Today at 12:12:04 PM »
Horrible - but if they remain liberals or are liberals, its their own FNG fault going forward for whatever happens,

Oh, I’m just talking about the kids that don’t want to be involved in the BS. Most of those other I fear will go on to become degenerates of society. My niece got accepted to Barnard where Ilhan Omar’s daughter goes and what a disaster she’s going be

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: Today at 12:35:46 PM »
Oh, I’m just talking about the kids that don’t want to be involved in the BS. Most of those other I fear will go on to become degenerates of society. My niece got accepted to Barnard where Ilhan Omar’s daughter goes and what a disaster she’s going be

A life of being miserable and depressed is in store for her.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #70 on: Today at 01:31:51 PM »

Yep, obstructing.  It would piss me the fuck off.  I got shit to do, and just because I haven't joined or agreed to your protest doesn't mean I should be inconvenienced for it.

Protest all you want.  Keep it peaceful and stay out of everyone's way. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #71 on: Today at 01:48:05 PM »

That is exactly the point for those NIMBY liberal trash, to effectively hold other people hostage. But when the shoe is on the other foot, protesting is "harassment", "white supremacist march" etc.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #72 on: Today at 02:00:28 PM »
Figures you're on board with pro-palestine c unts, makes sense since you're an asshole!
T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: Today at 04:27:26 PM »
Yep, obstructing.  It would piss me the fuck off.  I got shit to do, and just because I haven't joined or agreed to your protest doesn't mean I should be inconvenienced for it.

Protest all you want.  Keep it peaceful and stay out of everyone's way.

Right !