Author Topic: Do you like the "Buy American" idea?  (Read 1307 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Do you like the "Buy American" idea?
« on: February 02, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »
Doesnt seem to be that bad, it worked back in the depression days lol

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Do you like the "Buy American" idea?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
Of course... You have to make a product to sell a product.

I absolutely believe in buying American... Except for Motorcycles... Then I buy European.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »

I absolutely believe in buying American... Except for Motorcycles... Then I buy European.

Would you care if "buy american" means on the other side of the world, in a small town in guangzhou, china, a skinny chinese dude will lose his 100 dollar/month + 10 rice pots job?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 05:54:48 PM »
Would you care if "buy american" means on the other side of the world, in a small town in guangzhou, china, a skinny chinese dude will lose his 100 dollar/month + 10 rice pots job?

Nope... Not 1 bit.

Charity begins at home... and by Charity I mean American Businesses should do business IN America... People in foreign lands won't buy American anyway, so why cater to  them... Fuck the guy in China.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:56:19 PM »
Nope... Not 1 bit.

Charity begins at home... and by Charity I mean American Businesses should do business IN America... People in foreign lands won't buy American anyway, so why cater to  them... Fuck the guy in China.

honest answer, now do you think your fellow american brothers will think the way you do it? not hating on america, just trying to find out if buy american will actually work

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »
honest answer, now do you think your fellow american brothers will think the way you do it? not hating on america, just trying to find out if buy american will actually work

I doubt it... I have no hate for the Global Economy at all, and I have no problem with people who choose to buy American or not... But I look at it simply like this.

If I buy a Ducati, I understand that person in ITALY made the bike and the money is going back there.

People around the world who buy American products need to understand that they money is coming back to America and if they choose to buy something else, then fine.

I understand this... However when a country has little to no exports... Then what? No money comes back to said country because nothing is made there.

In regards to your question, as long as the product made in China is cheaper... The masses will continue to buy it, so no... most people in the US will simply say that it's cheaper, so I'm buying it.

I think it's a bad mentality and I've always been ok with paying more for things if it's been a better product... Especially if it comes back to the US.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »
I doubt it... I have no hate for the Global Economy at all, and I have no problem with people who choose to buy American or not... But I look at it simply like this.

If I buy a Ducati, I understand that person in ITALY made the bike and the money is going back there.

People around the world who buy American products need to understand that they money is coming back to America and if they choose to buy something else, then fine.

I understand this... However when a country has little to no exports... Then what? No money comes back to said country because nothing is made there.

In regards to your question, as long as the product made in China is cheaper... The masses will continue to buy it, so no... most people in the US will simply say that it's cheaper, so I'm buying it.

I think it's a bad mentality and I've always been ok with paying more for things if it's been a better product... Especially if it comes back to the US.

lets hope buy american works

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »
lets hope buy american works

Do you buy "whatever your country is" yourself?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »
i agree with holmes fuk the other guy sorry but thats the way it is...no it probably wont work but i try to buy american when i can do so.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
Do you buy "whatever your country is" yourself?

my country doesnt produce shit, and if it does, its probably bad quality so, i buy my clothing, books and everything that is possible, straight from america, and delivered by fedex or dhl within a week.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
my country doesnt produce shit, and if it does, its probably bad quality so, i buy my clothing, books and everything that is possible, straight from america, and delivered by fedex or dhl within a week.

Sorry to hear that... I want my country to produce. I want them to make things and I want people to make them here in America. Not in some other country... I do not believe in Free Trade.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:23:21 PM »

::)

If I could buy more American products, I would, but the cocksuckers are sending more and more shit to Mexico, pretty soon the mexicans are going to have to go back in order to get work.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »

If I could buy more American products, I would, but the cocksuckers are sending more and more shit to Mexico, pretty soon the mexicans are going to have to go back in order to get work.

I agree man... I don't think it's right how every American company sets up shop elsewhere just to have cheaper labor and make more record profits.

It's bullshit.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 06:27:04 PM »
Sorry to hear that... I want my country to produce. I want them to make things and I want people to make them here in America. Not in some other country... I do not believe in Free Trade.

Dude we are the #1 copper producers in the world yet we need to buy the finished copper products from china and america and pay 2-3x more haha, figures why we are 3rd world!

Wouldnt be a problem for you to return home, carlos :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »
Buying American sounds good, but it is misguided.

I buy the best quality/value that meets my needs.  If that happens to be American I’m all for it, but I would never buy a product that was more/less expensive or of lesser quality (than the competition) simply because it was American.  Instead of trying to inspire/coerce people into “buying American” we should be inspiring/coercing American companies to produce the best, most compelling product or service.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »

I buy the best quality/value that meets my needs.  If that happens to be American I’m all for it, but I would never buy a product that was more expensive or of lesser quality (than the competition) simply because it was American.  Instead of trying to inspire/coerce people into “buying American” we should be inspiring/coercing American companies to produce the best, most compelling product or service.

How do we do that when all they are concerned about is their profit margin and are sending all the work across the mexican border?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 09:52:10 PM »
How do we do that when all they are concerned about is their profit margin and are sending all the work across the mexican border?
stricter guidelines and regulations, youre right though if they are making record profit doing what they are doing why change? the name of the game for them sadly enough is not providing for the customer its making money.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »
Doesnt seem to be that bad, it worked back in the depression days lol

Absolutely NOT!

Ummm... I hate to break it to ya, ...but that was what turned the recession into a depression.
w

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »
Absolutely NOT!

Ummm... I hate to break it to ya, ...but that was what turned the recession into a depression.
Says the canadian.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
Says the canadian.

It doesn't matter what my nationality is, ...historical fact is historical fact. Truth is Truth
w

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 09:22:12 PM »

I buy the best quality/value that meets my needs.  If that happens to be American I’m all for it, but I would never buy a product that was more/less expensive or of lesser quality (than the competition) simply because it was American.  Instead of trying to inspire/coerce people into “buying American” we should be inspiring/coercing American companies to produce the best, most compelling product or service.

Good post Bay.  As always the Gays are ahead of the times.  I buy what is the best, not what is American.  Most of the time it is not American, and who cares.  If American's can't make good cars or good products no one should buy them.

jt
TEAM Nasser