Author Topic: The liberal mental disorder on display courtesy of the New York Times  (Read 460 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Hunger in North Korea Is Devastating. And It’s Our Fault. - The New York Times

https://www.guy.html

That link doesn’t seem to work. Here’s the story:

One cool morning last April in Pyongyang, North Korea, I watched a woman squat over a patch of grass along the Daedong River. A large handkerchief covering her head was knotted below her chin, encircling her sunburned and wrinkled face. As a van passed by blaring patriotic hymns from the oversize speakers on its roof, she weeded the riverbank. In North Korea, keeping the neighborhood clean is a civic duty. But she was far from any neighborhood. She was gathering the weeds for food.

On Nov. 13, a North Korean soldier in his 20s was shot multiple times as he ran across the demilitarized zone into South Korea. His surgeons reported finding dozens of parasitic intestinal worms inside his abdominal cavity, some as long as 11 inches, suggesting severe malnutrition.

As these stories show — and as I have seen during my 16 visits to North Korea in the past decade — hunger remains a way of life there. Forty-one percent of North Koreans, about 10.5 million people, are undernourished, and 28 percent of children under 5 years old have stunted growth. When my 4-year-old daughter visited Pyongyang in 2013, she, all of three feet, towered over children twice her age.

The hunger is devastating. And it’s our fault.

Led by the United States, the international community is crippling North Korea’s economy. In August and September, the United Nations Security Council passed resolutions banning exports of coal, iron, lead, seafood and textiles and limiting the import of crude oil and refined petroleum products. The United States, Japan and South Korea have each imposed bilateral sanctions on Pyongyang to further isolate the country.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: The liberal mental disorder on display courtesy of the New York Times
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 06:54:44 AM »
This is one of the best Twitter comments to the post:

“A country finally achieved the ultimate form of paranoid Stalinist totalitarianism with a healthy dose of communism and a cult of personality that would make Obama blush, and it’s Americas fault?”