Author Topic: Opposition Officially Signs Coalition Agreement And Reveals How It Will Work  (Read 8228 times)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
I'd rather a coalition representing 63% of voters head up the government, and the $300 million be given to me.  :P
The 63% is false logic.
The liberals ran under not forming a coalition.

Also many liberal ndp and green voters did not vote for a coalition.

If the parties feel it is their best interest to run together, then formally join, or run under coalition and let the will of the people dictate.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The 63% is false logic.
The liberals ran under not forming a coalition.

Also many liberal ndp and green voters did not vote for a coalition.

If the parties feel it is their best interest to run together, then formally join, or run under coalition and let the will of the people dictate.

Well joker, as you and I both know, for any minority to work, it must operate as a defacto coalition.
This is a fact that Harper failed to recognize or at least conduct himself like he did, ...but then again,
his brazenly stupid moves may be part of some grand design that will reveal itself in the upcoming weeks.
w

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Well joker, as you and I both know, for any minority to work, it must operate as a defacto coalition.
This is a fact that Harper failed to recognize or at least conduct himself like he did, ...but then again,
his brazenly stupid moves may be part of some grand design that will reveal itself in the upcoming weeks.

No it doesn't.
The government just needs at least one party to side with them on any bill.

For example in the past the conservatives would reliably use the bloc for regional political matters.
The liberals on most financial matters
The NDP for crazy matters.

The liberals would use the bloc for regional matters.
The conservatives for money matters.
The NDP for social matters.

But never under a formal coalition.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
No it doesn't.
The government just needs at least one party to side with them on any bill.

For example in the past the conservatives would reliably use the bloc for regional political matters.
The liberals on most financial matters
The NDP for crazy matters.

The liberals would use the bloc for regional matters.
The conservatives for money matters.
The NDP for social matters.

But never under a formal coalition.

Not a "formal" coalition perhaps, ...but regardless of how loose, it is still a coalition.  :D
w

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
co⋅a⋅li⋅tion
   /ˌkoʊəˈlɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [koh-uh-lish-uhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.    a combination or alliance, esp. a temporary one between persons, factions, states, etc.
2.    a union into one body or mass; fusion.

Working with groups isn't a coalition.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
co⋅a⋅li⋅tion
   /ˌkoʊəˈlɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [koh-uh-lish-uhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.    a combination or alliance, esp. a temporary one between persons, factions, states, etc.
2.    a union into one body or mass; fusion.

Working with groups isn't a coalition.

I rest my case.  :)
w

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
A coalition thats in league with the Bloc, who's ONLY goal is to break up the country. The Libs will do ANYTHING to steal  power, even if it means hopping into bed with Duceppe.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
I rest my case.  :)
al⋅li⋅ance
   /əˈlaɪəns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-lahy-uhns] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.    the act of allying or state of being allied.
2.    a formal agreement or treaty between two or more nations to cooperate for specific purposes.
3.    a merging of efforts or interests by persons, families, states, or organizations: an alliance between church and state.
4.    the persons or entities so allied.
5.    marriage or the relationship created by marriage between the families of the bride and bridegroom.
6.    correspondence in basic characteristics; affinity: the alliance between logic and metaphysics.

As a said previously working with another group isn't a coalition.
A coalition thats in league with the Bloc, who's ONLY goal is to break up the country. The Libs will do ANYTHING to steal  power, even if it means hopping into bed with Duceppe.

That is the biggest problem, who wants the bloc in power or even close to it.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
al⋅li⋅ance
   /əˈlaɪəns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-lahy-uhns] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.    the act of allying or state of being allied.
2.    a formal agreement or treaty between two or more nations to cooperate for specific purposes.
3.    a merging of efforts or interests by persons, families, states, or organizations: an alliance between church and state.
4.    the persons or entities so allied.
5.    marriage or the relationship created by marriage between the families of the bride and bridegroom.
6.    correspondence in basic characteristics; affinity: the alliance between logic and metaphysics.

As a said previously working with another group isn't a coalition.
That is the biggest problem, who wants the bloc in power or even close to it.

That's NOT the biggest problem. The biggest problem is Harper's MO actually led to such a coalition.
The very fact that Dion and other federalists could be forced to form an alliance with the Bloc,
...after all the years he spent fighting them is indicative of how bad Harper is.

It was Dion who originally put the sovereignty question to bed, ...and it was Harper who re-opened it after so many years. I'm just glad Ignatieff is in charge of the liberal party now, ...he was the candidate that Harper feared most.
w

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
Dion was forced? LMFAO!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Call it what is really is- a power grab. Now Dion, the man you wouldnt shut up about, isnt even leader of the Liberal party now and all of a sudden its "Hurray for Iggy!" Pathetic.

But the best part is listening to you bullshit your way through every post. Its pure comedy.

PS: no reason to have this post deleted, either, Jag. Thanks. ;)