Author Topic: I need a program for running  (Read 3920 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: I need a program for running
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2009, 03:11:37 AM »
Man I've never seen anything as tough as running uphill. Makes my lungs and legs BURN like nothing ever. I strongly encourage anyone wanting to get in shape to try it!
you get used to it.
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2009, 03:13:39 AM »
Is your refrigerator running? If so go catch it great program right there :D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »
you get used to it.

yup. Damn proud of it! Yesterday was hitting the wind sprints. Speed 6.0 incline 8%. I did 5 1 min sprints (the first one was closer to a min and a half really) mixed with walking at 3.0. Kept the grade up the entire time. Whole thing with 5 min warmup has me on the tread about 30 min followed by 10-15 on the bike easy pace though. Amazing results! Have to say the crazy part is that my heart is becoming used to it, and bouncing up to 165-185 down to 130 back up and down with really no prob. Then a couple minutes of walking and it's back down to 110 and I hop on the bike. Pretty crazy honestly. I am almost ready to bump the incline to 10% but I want to be able to do 6 sprints at 6.5 and reduce my recovery time to 2 min and I will do it. I am shocked and amazed the majority of america would not be doing this given the easy access and affordabilty of major gym chains and treadmills. Sickening really.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »
Man I've never seen anything as tough as running uphill. Makes my lungs and legs BURN like nothing ever. I strongly encourage anyone wanting to get in shape to try it!

We're bodybuilders man. We don't fucking run. We take the elevator.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »
yup. Damn proud of it! Yesterday was hitting the wind sprints. Speed 6.0 incline 8%. I did 5 1 min sprints (the first one was closer to a min and a half really) mixed with walking at 3.0. Kept the grade up the entire time. Whole thing with 5 min warmup has me on the tread about 30 min followed by 10-15 on the bike easy pace though. Amazing results! Have to say the crazy part is that my heart is becoming used to it, and bouncing up to 165-185 down to 130 back up and down with really no prob. Then a couple minutes of walking and it's back down to 110 and I hop on the bike. Pretty crazy honestly. I am almost ready to bump the incline to 10% but I want to be able to do 6 sprints at 6.5 and reduce my recovery time to 2 min and I will do it. I am shocked and amazed the majority of america would not be doing this given the easy access and affordabilty of major gym chains and treadmills. Sickening really.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress! Glad this is working out well for you! Props for sticking with it.  :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
congratu-fucking-lations you're getting in shape ;D

seriously tho, i love my gyms precor ellipticals. But i tried to run a least 1.5 miles 3 times a week at night, on my treadmill at home.
A

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »
congratu-fucking-lations you're getting in shape ;D

seriously tho, i love my gyms precor ellipticals. But i tried to run a least 1.5 miles 3 times a week at night, on my treadmill at home.

I can't make the elliptical work for me for some reason. Something about moving around your arms and legs rhythmically that my body just doesn't seem to like.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »
I can't make the elliptical work for me for some reason. Something about moving around your arms and legs rhythmically that my body just doesn't seem to like.
I used the ones with just the leg part. That wa, when i'm pumping my heart rate at 145-160 I can still watch movies on my iphone. ;D
A

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
Sure here is your program. Put on your shoes...........go outside and stretch the muscles and start running.  ;D
h