Author Topic: God Bless America  (Read 16088 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
God Bless America
« on: November 09, 2007, 09:57:07 AM »
God Bless America.  I've been listening to the pre-crack version of Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner.  It is the greatest version of all time IMO.  I get chicken skin every single time I listen to it.  Thank you men and women in uniform for your service.    

Enjoy:   :)  

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: God Bless America
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 10:03:49 AM »
Thanks, Beach. 

She brought down the house back then, didn't she. 

Bobby just "jacked" her all up.  sad. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »
God Bless America.  I've been listening to the pre-crack version of Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner.  It is the greatest version of all time IMO.  I get chicken skin every single time I listen to it.  Thank you men and women in uniform for your service.   

Enjoy:   :) 

"For god's sake you're a bishop!"

"There is no god....."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:28 PM »
Bump.   :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »
 :)
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »
God Bless America.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »
God Bless America.  I've been listening to the pre-crack version of Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner.  It is the greatest version of all time IMO.  I get chicken skin every single time I listen to it.  Thank you men and women in uniform for your service.   

Enjoy:   :) 

OMG THAT WAS INCREDIBLE, I WAS JUST REMINDED OF HOW AWESOME THAT WAS.

Thanks for posting that!

The crowd there must have known at that point (with the extremely loud cheering) they heard the greatest version ever sung.

AMAZING!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 03:43:54 PM »
OMG THAT WAS INCREDIBLE, I WAS JUST REMINDED OF HOW AWESOME THAT WAS.

Thanks for posting that!

The crowd there must have known at that point (with the extremely loud cheering) they heard the greatest version ever sung.

AMAZING!

:)  No problem mang.  Happy 4th. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »
I posted this before but I thougth it was kind of a neat letter so I post it again here.  Cool bit of history, if anyone has anything else that puts a cool historical perspective on today, please post away.

To Abigail:

Had a declaration of independence been made seven months ago, it would have been attended with many great and glorious effects. We might, before this hour, have formed alliance with foreign states. We should have mastered Quebec, and been in possession of Canada. . . . . . . . . But, on the other hand, the delay of this declaration to this time has many great advantages attending it. The hopes of reconciliation which were fondly entertained by multitudes of honest an well meaning, though shortsighted and mistaken people, have been gradually, and at last totally, extinguished. Time has been given for the whole people maturely to consider the great question of independence, and to ripen their judgment, dissipate their fears, and allure their hopes, by discussing it in newspapers and pamphlets – by debating it in assemblies, conventions, committees of safety and inspection – in town and country meetings, as well as in private conversations; so that the whole people, in every colony, have now adopted it as their own act. This will cement the union, and avoid those heats, and perhaps convulsions, which might have been occasioned by such a declaration six months ago.

But the day is past. The second day of July, 1776, will be memorable epocha in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations, as the great Anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp, shews, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of the continent to the other, from this time forward forever.

You will think me transported with enthusiasm; but I am not. I am well aware of the toil, and blood, and treasure, that it will cost us to maintain this declaration, and support and defend these states. Yet, through all the gloom, I can see the rays of light and glory; I can see that the end is more than worth all the means, and that posterity will triumph, although you and I may rue, which I hope we shall not.

John Adams

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »
I posted this before but I thougth it was kind of a neat letter so I post it again here.  Cool bit of history, if anyone has anything else that puts a cool historical perspective on today, please post away.

To Abigail:

Had a declaration of independence been made seven months ago, it would have been attended with many great and glorious effects. We might, before this hour, have formed alliance with foreign states. We should have mastered Quebec, and been in possession of Canada. . . . . . . . . But, on the other hand, the delay of this declaration to this time has many great advantages attending it. The hopes of reconciliation which were fondly entertained by multitudes of honest an well meaning, though shortsighted and mistaken people, have been gradually, and at last totally, extinguished. Time has been given for the whole people maturely to consider the great question of independence, and to ripen their judgment, dissipate their fears, and allure their hopes, by discussing it in newspapers and pamphlets – by debating it in assemblies, conventions, committees of safety and inspection – in town and country meetings, as well as in private conversations; so that the whole people, in every colony, have now adopted it as their own act. This will cement the union, and avoid those heats, and perhaps convulsions, which might have been occasioned by such a declaration six months ago.

But the day is past. The second day of July, 1776, will be memorable epocha in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations, as the great Anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp, shews, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of the continent to the other, from this time forward forever.

You will think me transported with enthusiasm; but I am not. I am well aware of the toil, and blood, and treasure, that it will cost us to maintain this declaration, and support and defend these states. Yet, through all the gloom, I can see the rays of light and glory; I can see that the end is more than worth all the means, and that posterity will triumph, although you and I may rue, which I hope we shall not.

John Adams

Hugo, you think John Adams would be proud of America today?
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 11:34:07 PM »
Happy 4th bitches, I dont care whether you agree with where the country is as a whole right now or not set it aside and appreciate it for what it is. Happy 4th brothers I hope you had as good a day as I did and are as thankful as I am.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 12:18:44 AM »
Beautiful day.  Good food.  Great country.   :)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:02 AM »
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.  I'm still celebrating.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.  I'm still celebrating.   :)

Love that song.  Thanks for posting.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
Bump!  Happy Fourth!   :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »
Happy Fourth gents.....say a prayer for our marines who are conducting combat operations right now.
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 11:04:21 AM »
Bless America! 8)

<for obvious reason..i leave out the word God>
carpe` vaginum!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »
Allah be praised.....
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »
Allah be praised.....

No Allah either...

hi my "pakistani" Marine friends say hi!  ;)

one of em teaches some kinda combate= training...i think ..or something like that...i  zone him out when he starts on his marine talk
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
Tony: 10

Jag: -100

Jag, you truly are an ignorant bitch.  Don't come onto this board and say that that flag is just a piece of cloth.  That flag means more to me than you ever could...it's the flag that was the inspiration for our national anthem since I obviously have to educate you.  That flag actually stands for something unlike you. 

For my fellow patriots:

If it doesn't work just copy and paste. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »
smile guys.. i love this country :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 12:26:57 PM »
 :)  Reminds of the boot camp scenes from Full Metal Jacket. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »
God bless all those brave men and women, past and present, who have served and are serving this great country. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »
To all of our getbiggers, including the one(s) I continually butt heads with, thanks for your service to our country!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 09:16:15 AM »
Bump.   :)