Author Topic: Liberal Media Bias  (Read 167656 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Liberal Media Bias
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:49 PM »
can someone compare the weiner coverage (24/7 and annoying as hell) with this cain coverage?

Weiner was just a lame congressman, one of 535.   Cain is 1 of 5 people who will be the next POTUS.

Why is it that someone can - after 3 days of this scandal - conclude poor wee-pubs are the victim... but sure can't do the math on Weiner coverage?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
can someone compare the weiner coverage (24/7 and annoying as hell) with this cain coverage?

Weiner was just a lame congressman, one of 535.   Cain is 1 of 5 people who will be the next POTUS.

Why is it that someone can - after 3 days of this scandal - conclude poor wee-pubs are the victim... but sure can't do the math on Weiner coverage?

Yes.  I was on the verge of screaming every time that fucking weasel was mentioned.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 08:56:40 PM »
Bro, we're talking about a concluded legal action versus a simple statement.  They just aren't comparable.

By the way, I don't blame you for disliking Clinton.  He is a criminal shitbag who has damaged this country worse than almost any other politician.  Neocons should be worshipping this POS.  But you have to be real about what bias can be found.

There was no concluded "legal action."  The woman left her job and was paid some money.  But you're right that they are not comparable in one respect:  the Paula Jones allegations were far more newsworthy and received essentially no initial coverage.  Pretty clear evidence of bias. 

Never said I disliked Clinton.  Voted for him twice.   :)

Cite me one example where a woman held a press conference to accuse a sitting president of misconduct during the past 40 years. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 09:14:23 PM »
There was no concluded "legal action."  The woman left her job and was paid some money.

There was a legal action.  It's what generated the settlement, and the settlement generated a conclusion.

But you're right that they are not comparable in one respect:  the Paula Jones allegations were far more newsworthy and received essentially no initial coverage.  Pretty clear evidence of bias.

How so? 

Never said I disliked Clinton.  Voted for him twice.   :)

Lots of good people did.

Cite me one example where a woman held a press conference to accuse a sitting president of misconduct during the past 40 years. 

What should this tell me?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 07:26:44 AM »
Compare Cain coverage to Weiner coverage.   Or stop whining about a 20-year spread in social preferences.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »
The lead story on CNN.com yesterday evening:

Herman Cain accuser may issue statement
By Tom Cohen and Alan Silverleib, CNN
updated 11:44 AM EST, Fri November 4, 2011

Washington (CNN) -- One of the women who reportedly accused Republican presidential contender Herman Cain of sexual harassment could issue her first statement on what happened as early as Friday. The controversy has dominated Cain's front-running campaign but a defiant Cain said he will not let it deter him.

An attorney representing the alleged harassment victim sent a draft statement by his client to the National Restaurant Association on Thursday to seek its approval.

"I will be asking the association to allow us to release the public statement without violating the confidentiality and non-disparagement provisions of the 1999 settlement agreement," said the attorney, Joel Bennett.

Bennett told CNN the statement will not include his client's identity because she is trying to "remain private." The statement would be a summary of "what she did and why she did it" but not include specifics about any incidents or any settlement, Bennett said.

The association said it would respond to the proposed statement on Friday.

. . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/04/politics/cain-allegations/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Wanting to issue a statement without revealing her identity is laugh out loud funny.   :)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 12:42:08 PM »
Clinton was amost 20 years ago.  

Viewing habits have changed.

beach bum, turn off the gilligan's repeats and military channel - turn on primetime tv and you'll discover people watch a bunch of slutty garbage these days.

also, ad revenues - compare them 90s to today... and tracking of viewer preferences... the know what people want today - it was a guessing game 20 years ago.

it's comparing apples and oranges.  Sex scandals, in general, sell like hell today.

true.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
The lead story on CNN.com yesterday evening:

Herman Cain accuser may issue statement
By Tom Cohen and Alan Silverleib, CNN
updated 11:44 AM EST, Fri November 4, 2011

Washington (CNN) -- One of the women who reportedly accused Republican presidential contender Herman Cain of sexual harassment could issue her first statement on what happened as early as Friday. The controversy has dominated Cain's front-running campaign but a defiant Cain said he will not let it deter him.

An attorney representing the alleged harassment victim sent a draft statement by his client to the National Restaurant Association on Thursday to seek its approval.

"I will be asking the association to allow us to release the public statement without violating the confidentiality and non-disparagement provisions of the 1999 settlement agreement," said the attorney, Joel Bennett.

Bennett told CNN the statement will not include his client's identity because she is trying to "remain private." The statement would be a summary of "what she did and why she did it" but not include specifics about any incidents or any settlement, Bennett said.

The association said it would respond to the proposed statement on Friday.

. . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/04/politics/cain-allegations/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Wanting to issue a statement without revealing her identity is laugh out loud funny.   :)

In other words, the so-called confidentialty thing ain't stopping this woman from talking. Furthermore, his claim that Cain broke such is BOGUS, because Cain isn't even on the severance deal between this woman and NRA (as he said earlier).

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 01:21:23 PM »

bump

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
In other words, the so-called confidentialty thing ain't stopping this woman from talking. Furthermore, his claim that Cain broke such is BOGUS, because Cain isn't even on the severance deal between this woman and NRA (as he said earlier).

Agree. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 01:49:04 PM »
bump

Wiener actually did something objectively wrong.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »

Don't try and confuse people with the facts.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »

True.

So did Cain, or his association would have destroyed this woman within 15 minutes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »
True.

So did Cain, or his association would have destroyed this woman within 15 minutes.

What did he do wrong?   

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
What did he do wrong?   

Something that was worth between 10K and 99+K, that's all I know.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »
Clinton was amost 20 years ago.  

Viewing habits have changed.
beach bum, turn off the gilligan's repeats and military channel - turn on primetime tv and you'll discover people watch a bunch of slutty garbage these days.

also, ad revenues - compare them 90s to today... and tracking of viewer preferences... the know what people want today - it was a guessing game 20 years ago.

it's comparing apples and oranges.  Sex scandals, in general, sell like hell today.
the media itself has changed too

go back even farther and you'll see the actively ignored sex scandals

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Something that was worth between 10K and 99+K, that's all I know.

::)  ::)

Companies settle matters they believe have no merit at all daily to avoid litigation costs. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »

Companies settle matters they believe have no merit at all daily to avoid litigation costs. 

A situation like this would have been fought, to avoid exactly what is happening now.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »

they also settle stuff every day when they know they are fucked and are hoping to avoid an even larger settlement

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »
A situation like this would have been fought, to avoid exactly what is happening now.

Well, then if it was so bad - why did she not go to trial and get the jackpot?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »
they also settle stuff every day when they know they are fucked and are hoping to avoid an even larger settlement

Paul Jones and the 850k Clintigula paid her agree! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2011, 02:40:35 PM »

No it wouldn't.  The NRA had no idea Cain would be running for president twenty years later (or whatever it was).  Neither did Cain, who wasn't even a party to the agreement.  

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
No it wouldn't.  The NRA had no idea Cain would be running for president twenty years later (or whatever it was).  Neither did Cain, who wasn't even a party to the agreement.  

The White House isn't the only place where sexual harassment is frowned upon.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
The White House isn't the only place where sexual harassment is frowned upon.

What "situation like this" are you talking about? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »

Weiner exhibited profoundly bad judgement and then tried to cover it up

Other than that I'm not aware of anyone filing a complaint against or claiming sexual harassment