Author Topic: Trump Lies about Wall  (Read 4971 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Trump Lies about Wall
« on: May 13, 2018, 07:23:07 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/11/us/politics/trump-misleadingly-says-construction-has-already-begun-on-his-border-wall.html

Trump Misleadingly Says Construction Has Already Begun on His Border Wall

The Border Patrol has begun replacing old barriers with new barriers — which some call walls and others fencing. But construction on a 1,000-mile border wall has not begun.

What Was Said

“We have already begun construction on the wall.”

— President Trump at a rally in Indiana on Thursday

The Facts
This is misleading.

During his campaign in 2016, Mr. Trump promised to construct a 1,000-mile-long border wall that would be paid for by Mexico.

Prototypes for the border wall were unveiled in late October, and Mr. Trump visited San Diego to view them in March. The prototypes have not been used to construct a border wall, nor has the wall been funded. However, construction has begun on a few projects that would replace old barriers with new barriers.

A White House spokesman cited projects in Santa Teresa, N.M., and Calexico, Calif., as evidence for Mr. Trump’s claim that construction on the wall had commenced.

According to Customs and Border Protection, the Santa Teresa project will replace 20 miles of vehicle barriers with a “bollard-style wall.”

The new barrier, a Border Patrol official said in a news conference, will not be based on the prototypes and will actually be the “same wall” as existing bollard barriers just a few miles away in Sunland Park, N.M., which Customs and Border Protection had previously called “fencing.”

In Calexico, the agency said it would replace 2.5 miles of a barrier made out of “recycled scraps of metal and old landing mat” with a 30-foot-high bollard-style “wall.” But local officials have characterized it as a long-planned local infrastructure project that “isn’t Trump’s wall.”

Mr. Trump received nearly $1.6 billion in funding for border security in the spending bill he signed in late March. The spending bill specifies that the $1.6 billion can fund only “operationally effective designs deployed” before May 2017. This definition would disqualify building a wall based on the prototypes that were unveiled in October.
X

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Re: Trump Lies about Wall
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 07:48:41 AM »
You sound like a child...Bickering about nonsense....Still pissed about losing?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 08:05:36 AM »
give it up,,,,, the trumpster is president to his supporters/enablers he is god.....he could take a dump on their head and they would thank him for it..you won't change one closed mind on here...
F

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 08:09:52 AM »
This is all you’ve got? Hahahaha! Trump is alpha. Doing things that should have been 30 years ago. For too long the children have been running the daycare center.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
Not directed to u funk. I know u hate trump and i still love you 😆

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »
Not directed to u funk. I know u hate trump and i still love you 😆
               that's alright with me we can agree to disagree on the trumpster and still be friends.   i don't really hate trump if he does something that benefits the american people i'll be the first to applaud him..still waiting however..
F

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »
               that's alright with me we can agree to disagree on the trumpster and still be friends.   i don't really hate trump if he does something that benefits the american people i'll be the first to applaud him..still waiting however..
then friend to friend. What about the economy
Or freeing of the hostages. I will respect any answer u give. Just curious how you see those things.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »
Trump lies. Wow. Who knew?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 08:57:55 AM »
then friend to friend. What about the economy
Or freeing of the hostages. I will respect any answer u give. Just curious how you see those things.
           the overall effect on the economy is too early to call, probably won't be able to truly judge this till a couple years down the road.... as far as the hostages i see this as a good thing but i just wonder what his underlying motivation for this is. i always hope for the best but expect the worse...so far i see him failing in too many areas such as health care, education, infrastructure, do we really need a wall when so many of our bridges and tunnels are falling into disrepair..
F

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 09:30:28 AM »

someone should turn the shit into little obamas

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 09:35:19 AM »
politics is scripted, bullshit theater.. people who actually have some type of faith in it r tards lol... left and right

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 10:22:32 AM »
           the overall effect on the economy is too early to call, probably won't be able to truly judge this till a couple years down the road.... as far as the hostages i see this as a good thing but i just wonder what his underlying motivation for this is. i always hope for the best but expect the worse...so far i see him failing in too many areas such as health care, education, infrastructure, do we really need a wall when so many of our bridges and tunnels are falling into disrepair..
Have to stop the bleeding before you can start the healing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 11:13:17 AM »
someone should turn the shit into little obamas
                                                                   now that would be funny... :D :D :D :D :D
F

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdc-kv7nzaU

;D.  ;D

The wall will be a waste of money..
They will always find a way around it..

;D;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 12:51:54 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdc-kv7nzaU

;D.  ;D

The wall will be a waste of money..
They will always find a way around it..

;D;D

Berlin wall was very effective, Israel wall  is deadly (ask arabs  ;D), Hungarian & Bulgarian walls a impregnable (ask "refugees"  ;D),...................

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
If you only build wall yes, but if you give it support infrastructure and no restrictions on keeping people from getting over, its a whole different playing field...

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
The rabbit-proof fence in Aussie is 3256 km (2023 miles) long  :)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 01:50:01 PM »
Berlin wall was very effective, Israel wall  is deadly (ask arabs  ;D), Hungarian & Bulgarian walls a impregnable (ask "refugees"  ;D),...................

Big difference..
They shoot to kill.. No questions asked..
Here on the other hand.. Stop.. Your under arrest..
Catch and release.. They eventually get thru..

;D   ;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 02:03:22 PM »
Big difference..
They shoot to kill.. No questions asked..
Here on the other hand.. Stop.. Your under arrest..
Catch and release.. They eventually get thru..

;D   ;D

Deported back to arabs land  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 02:12:37 PM »
Trump has had so many amazing achievements it's making liberals insane. They ignore the achievements talking about Russia being responsible for Hillary losing or claim Obama was responsible. You just can't make this stuff up. No one would believe you. Trump has had win after win. These wins are for America. Not for the Republican party.  If the mid terms go his way Obama care is completely gone. After North Korea he's going to work on that terrorist state Iran.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
True Lies.

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 10:33:09 PM »
You will always notice one thing from the left:

1.Facts don`t matter

2."Invent" truth

3.Personal discreditation based on nr.2

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »
You will always notice one thing from the left:

1.Facts don`t matter    

2."Invent" truth  

3.Personal discreditation based on nr.2    

1. Trumps inauguration crowd was the largest ever

2. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote because of 3 million illegal voters

3.     Donald Trump alleged that Ted Cruz’s father was with John F. Kennedy’s assassin shortly before he murdered the president, parroting a National Enquirer story claiming that Rafael Cruz was pictured with Lee Harvey Oswald handing out pro-Fidel Castro pamphlets in New Orleans in 1963.  

yes, the left certainly has a problem

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »
SF1900 is the David Hogg of getbig. Haven’t found a liberal yet that’s willing to step away from a computer yet to Skype or have a face to face debate