Author Topic: Breakfast to ensure Max Glycogen Delivery  (Read 2245 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Breakfast to ensure Max Glycogen Delivery
« on: May 05, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Breakfast to ensure Max Glycogen Delivery
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »

I ate one of those Cinnabon things once and was so over-sugared that I wasn't hungry for 8 hours after. True story.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
Would eat with or without the corn

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »
I ate one of those Cinnabon things once and was so over-sugared that I wasn't hungry for 8 hours after. True story.
Cinnamon rolls are one of the best things you can eat I think that will satisfy your hunger.  Especially when you are leaning down or really lean.  It can carry your for hours.  Mine has more brown sugar and cloves than Cinnabon I am sure and less granulated sugar which will give a deeper and less "sugary" flavor.  A stick of butter also helps and of course the real secret, Short Patent Pastry Flour and of course, the Buttermilk Cream Cheese Icing.

Better than Cinnabon?  You bet your ass these are!!!

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
reminds me of sponge and custard at school dinners.  ;D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
Cinnamon rolls are one of the best things you can eat I think that will satisfy your hunger.  Especially when you are leaning down or really lean.  It can carry your for hours.  Mine has more brown sugar and cloves than Cinnabon I am sure and less granulated sugar which will give a deeper and less "sugary" flavor.  A stick of butter also helps and of course the real secret, Short Patent Pastry Flour and of course, the Buttermilk Cream Cheese Icing.

That's not what the fat girl trainer at my gym said, she said I need egg whites and turkey bacon.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »
That's not what the fat girl trainer at my gym said, she said I need egg whites and turkey bacon.

Don't forget to supplement with "Greens Plus" to get your RDA of chromium.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 12:54:58 PM »

Disagree.  You've got yourself a brioche-like bready concoction here.  It's a highly enriched dough, not a pie crust.  I understand that you want to push the limits of delicacy but I'd guard against venturing into cake building methods and materials despite the 'coffee cake' moniker.  Something as insubstantial as a cake really pales beside the solidity of a traditional breakfast dough.  Butter will provide plenty of gluten strand shortening for a standard protein flour in this application.  Now I trust that this is a yeast leavened item and not some baking powder muffin-cupcake arrangement?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
Don't forget to supplement with "Greens Plus" to get your RDA of chromium.

Oh yeah, thanks!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
Disagree.  You've got yourself a brioche-like bready concoction here.  It's a highly enriched dough, not a pie crust.  I understand that you want to push the limits of delicacy but I'd guard against venturing into cake building methods and materials despite the 'coffee cake' moniker.  Something as insubstantial as a cake really pales beside the solidity of a traditional breakfast dough.  Butter will provide plenty of gluten strand shortening for a standard protein flour in this application.  Now I trust that this is a yeast leavened item and not some baking powder muffin-cupcake arrangement?
A ratio of Short Patent and King Arthur Flour.  I purposely lowered gluten development for the cold ferment.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 01:26:29 PM »

the trainer

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:11 PM »
Adonis has an unhealthy way of going about dieting I am not a fan of it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
I want to do a thread with the macro breakdown of some common bodybuilding meals and compare which fast food/junk food items you could eat to meet the same nutritional values.

Although I guess overall daily macros are what's important, so breaking it up into meals is pointless.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
I want to do a thread with the macro breakdown of some common bodybuilding meals and compare which fast food/junk food items you could eat to meet the same nutritional values.
I know the macros of all the stuff I make and can post if interested.

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »
You need to get out more.  :)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45:16 PM »

I edited my post.

What's the difference in hitting your macros for every meal versus daily versus weekly even?

Could I eat coconut cream pie for the first 15 days of the month and lean beef and vegetables the second half to meet my monthly macros and look good? I guess it's related to how quickly your body stores/burns fat and builds muscle?

???

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
Disagree.  You've got yourself a brioche-like bready concoction here.  It's a highly enriched dough, not a pie crust.  I understand that you want to push the limits of delicacy but I'd guard against venturing into cake building methods and materials despite the 'coffee cake' moniker.  Something as insubstantial as a cake really pales beside the solidity of a traditional breakfast dough.  Butter will provide plenty of gluten strand shortening for a standard protein flour in this application.  Now I trust that this is a yeast leavened item and not some baking powder muffin-cupcake arrangement?
lol  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 01:54:05 PM »
A ratio of Short Patent and King Arthur Flour.  I purposely lowered gluten development for the cold ferment.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 02:21:30 PM »
You need to get out more.  :)
I was doing yard work 8 hours yesterday.  :-\  I feel like I get out too much.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
I edited my post.

What's the difference in hitting your macros for every meal versus daily versus weekly even?

Could I eat coconut cream pie for the first 15 days of the month and lean beef and vegetables the second half to meet my monthly macros and look good? I guess it's related to how quickly your body stores/burns fat and builds muscle?

???
It won`t matter either way.  I don`t count macros at all, just calories and by default, the macros are where they are supposed to be:  Around 80-120 grams protein a day, 300-400 carbs per day, 70-110 grams of fat a day, 2400 calories a day for when I want to get very, very lean.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 02:25:32 PM »
It won`t matter either way.  I don`t count macros at all, just calories and by default, the macros are where they are supposed to be:  Around 80-120 grams protein a day, 300-400 carbs per day, 70-110 grams of fat a day, 2400 calories a day for when I want to get very, very lean.

That's pretty cool, I like your thinking on that. It really doesn't need to be perfect IMO. Probably better that it's not

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »

you dont really have a physique though do you

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »

i wish you'd post more savoury grub.. not much of a sweet tooth here.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 02:28:29 PM »
you dont really have a physique though do you
Lifetime Natural Physique that would destroy yours if you were not a druggie.