Author Topic: Obama to questioner - "I think I can beat you in one on one" - LMFAO!!!!!!  (Read 1592 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Jeremy-Debate-Obama-Romney-First-Question-Hofstra-174578291.html

Jeremy Epstein, First Questioner in Debate, Says He's No Longer Undecided

The 20-year-old college student asked whether he will be able to get a job when he graduates

Wednesday, Oct 17, 2012  |  Updated 2:10 PM EDT

The Long Island college student who asked President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney the first question in Tuesday night's debate says he is no longer an undecided voter.

Jeremy Epstein, a 20-year-old student at Adelphi University, told NBC 4 New York Wednesday that he felt both Obama and Romney were sincere and gave good answers when he asked about concerns that he would not be able to get a job when he finishes school.

"I thought they both spoke very eloquently," he said. "They both did a great job answering the question."

His interaction with the candidates quickly sparked a wave of discussion about him on social media, with the hashtag #jeremy trending before the debate was over. The student, from North Woodmere, had not been active on Twitter but reactivated his account Tuesday night after he became a sensation.

Epstein told MSNBC's "The Daily Rundown" that he also spoke to both candidates after the debate. He said Romney thanked him for the question.

"I asked him if he's gonna give me that job in two years and he said 'Maybe,'" Epstein said. "Then I was speaking with President Obama asking how his Chicago Bulls are gonna do, because they lost their MVP Derek Rose, and he said that I could not beat him in one-on-one, but I disagree with that."

The audience of "uncommitted" voters from Nassau County for the debate at Hofstra University was chosen by The Gallup Organization at random. Asked Wednesday whether he was still undecided, Epstein said he was not.

"No, I think I made a decision," he said.

Epstein, who is studying exercise science, declined to reveal which candidate will be getting his vote.

But he told NBC 4 New York that before the debate, he was "swaying a little bit, I guess, towards the incumbent."

He said on MSNBC that the experience of being the first questioner made him a bit nervous. In the hours before the debate, he said he had "plenty of time to think, 'OK don't mess up, try to speak eloquently. Don't seem nervous. Don't embarrass the family.'"

LMFAO!!!!!!   What a fucking jerkoff. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Typical liberal idiot right there:   "Are you going to give me a job in two years?" 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
NY isn't exactly a swing state.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
NY isn't exactly a swing state.

People like Epstein are why this state is in the mess it is.  Imagine millions of Epsteins, Andreisdaman's, running around in one state and that tells you why were are screwed for good in this state.   

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
wtf  ? why the hell are you assuming he is a liberal? he declined to say who he is voting for.. to me that means he is going with romney.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Typical liberal idiot right there:   "Are you going to give me a job in two years?" 

Actually what he said, according to the article, was: "are you going to give me that job" referring to the job that Romney allegedly "promised" him in his answer. That's quite a different statement from the one you imply he made in your post.

I am genuinely curious: are you so dishonest in real life as to knowingly misquote people or do you just play a dishonest asshole online?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Actually what he said, according to the article, was: "are you going to give me that job" referring to the job that Romney allegedly "promised" him in his answer. That's quite a different statement from the one you imply he made in your post.

I am genuinely curious: are you so dishonest in real life as to knowingly misquote people or do you just play a dishonest asshole online?

Please.   What would Romney hire Epstein to do?   Carry his briefcase? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Bumb for 33....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What's the difference. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
What's the difference. 

avxo

• Getbig V

Please.   What would Romney hire Epstein to do?   Carry his briefcase? 

No idea - but Romney did offer him a job, didn't he? So his post-debate question to Romney was not only sensible but appropriate.

But you purposefully twisted his words, changing them enough to make them sound like an unsolicited demand for a job, while still pretending it was a direct quote... You know what that makes you, don't you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No idea - but Romney did offer him a job, didn't he? So his post-debate question to Romney was not only sensible but appropriate.

But you purposefully twisted his words, changing them enough to make them sound like an unsolicited demand for a job, while still pretending it was a direct quote... You know what that makes you, don't you?

I don't remember him offering him a job specifically.  If he did, I freely admit I am wrong.  All i saw was the quote in the article.

And I don't think Romney would hire someone with a job interview and resume first TBH.   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Romney said "maybe". As in, maybe IF he is elected.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
wtf  ? why the hell are you assuming he is a liberal? he declined to say who he is voting for.. to me that means he is going with romney.

Yeah, he just hangs out with obama, and he STILL won't answer who he's voting for?  Sounds like a romney supporter to me

it's like if a chick looks up at you halfway thru a sloppy BJ and asks "so does this mean i'm your girlfriend now?"   You might not have been planning for it, but you might just say yes lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah, he just hangs out with obama, and he STILL won't answer who he's voting for?  Sounds like a romney supporter to me

If Obama is losing the liberal long island jew vote - he is going to get landslided like 1984. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Bump for 333.... the lying bitch

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
ROMNEY: And also make sure that when they get out of college, there's a job. When I was governor of Massachusetts, to get a high school degree, you had to pass an exam. If you graduated in the top quarter of your airlines, we gave you a John and Abigail Adams scholarship, four years tuition free in the college of your choice in Massachusetts, it's a public institution.

I want to make sure we keep our Pell grant program growing. We're also going to have our loan program, so that people are able to afford school. But the key thing is to make sure you can get a job when you get out of school. And what's happened over the last four years has been very, very hard for America's young people. I want you to be able to get a job.

I know what it takes to get this economy going. With half of college kids graduating this year without a college — excuse me, without a job. And without a college level job, that's just unacceptable.

And likewise you've got more and more debt on your back. So more debt and less jobs. I'm going to change that. I know what it takes to create good jobs again. I know what it takes to make sure that you have the kind of opportunity you deserve. And kids across this country are going to recognize, we're bringing back an economy.

It's not going to be like the last four years. The middle-class has been crushed over the last four years, and jobs have been too scarce. I know what it takes to bring them back, and I'm going to do that, and make sure that when you graduate — when do you graduate?

QUESTION: 2014.

ROMNEY: 2014. When you come out in 2014, I presume I'm going to be president. I'm going to make sure you get a job. Thanks Jeremy. Yeah, you bet.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82484.html#ixzz29kO9IqGG

He didnt say he was going to give him a job.   Probably he will pass along his resume to someone to help him.   Either way, kid has way better chance w Mittens helping him than he does w obama for sure. 

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior

So wanting to work makes you a liberal idiot?

I guess the only worthy people are those that start their own businesses, right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So wanting to work makes you a liberal idiot?

I guess the only worthy people are those that start their own businesses, right?

In my world you earn a job and qualify for it.   No one gives you shit. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

In my world you earn a job and qualify for it.   No one gives you shit. 

Your world is sitting on the couch all day posting on get big. Fuck off clown

avxo

• Getbig V
ROMNEY: 2014. When you come out in 2014, I presume I'm going to be president. I'm going to make sure you get a job. Thanks Jeremy. Yeah, you bet.

Thanks for posting that. So while Romney didn't explicitly promise him a job, we could argue about the meaning of "I'm going to make sure you get a job" either way. I still don't think the question that the kid asked is all that unreasonable given this answer, and his question was certainly different than what your paraphrase suggested.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Thanks for posting that. So while Romney didn't explicitly promise him a job, we could argue about the meaning of "I'm going to make sure you get a job" either way. I still don't think the question that the kid asked is all that unreasonable given this answer, and his question was certainly different than what your paraphrase suggested.

Fine - given the terrible economy and outlook for college grads - i can't blame him for asking for a job. 

avxo

• Getbig V
Fine - given the terrible economy and outlook for college grads - i can't blame him for asking for a job. 

Me neither. I don't have a problem with the question per se, although I think it was a stupid question to ask.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Me neither. I don't have a problem with the question per se, although I think it was a stupid question to ask.

Were I in the position of a college kid w tons of debt and this economy, I would be scared shitless too.  Romney should have said to that kid

"Send me your resume, and i will see to it that it gets in the right hands to give you a good chance at a job"

That would have been a slam dunk.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
But you purposefully twisted his words
Isn't that what lawyers get paid big bucks to do?