Author Topic: Man Beats 5 month old son to Death, his Defence “Spare the rod. Spoil the child"  (Read 8717 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I can definitely believe that genetics play a role in determining someones personality, in fact I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. But what would surprise me even more is if that particular innate "bad" personality could be fully suppressed by a mere spanking. That's what I'm questioning. Either genetics had a big influence on your personality, or they didn't. I'd argue for the latter if a somewhat gentle and loving spanking got rid of it.

Anyways, it's all speculation.
The spanking didn't rid me of that personality at all. As evidenced by my history of chasing adrenaline and my substance abuse issues. What it did do, was make me respect my parents rules enough for them to know that I wouldn't put myself in high risk situations as a child. Most of my REAL craziness started after I was older.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Our killer
a

BigCyp

• Getbig V
A lot of stupid people in this thread who can't see the difference between controlled spanking as a form of discipline, and beating a child.

It hurts more than spanking, when a kid grows up without the small sting of discipline and gets smashed in the face by the real world instead.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Our killer
Looks a lot happier than I thought a person would appear after being charged in an infant's death.  :-X

EH

• Getbig III
the bottom line is: if you hit your kids, you're a coward.

This piece of shit will get what's coming to him when he gets to prison, even while he's sitting in county jail awaiting trial (or even bail), he's a trophy-target. There's a lot of guys with 15, 20, 30 yr sentences that'll gladly put a lock in a sock and turn his face into a pumkin.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
A lot of stupid people in this thread who can't see the difference between controlled spanking as a form of discipline, and beating a child.

It hurts more than spanking, when a kid grows up without the small sting of discipline and gets smashed in the face by the real world instead.

It's not that I don't see the difference, I definitely do. But that doesn't make spanking any more right. It's a matter of principle, either you use physical means to raise your child, or you don't. Even if it wasn't a matter of principle and just a matter of what's more likely to benefit the child, you still have yet to prove that spanking provides greater benefits compared to other proactive ways of parenting.

So according to you, children who have been spanked by their parents get a special pass in life. Intriguing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2167755/Smacking-children-increases-chances-mental-illness-later-say-scientists.html

"Adults who were hit or smacked as children face higher odds of mental health problems, including mood and anxiety disorders and problems with alcohol and drug abuse, researchers say.

The study is the first to examine the link between psychological problems and spanking while excluding more severe abuse in order to better gauge the effect of corporal punishment alone.

Those who were hit as children were between two and seven per cent more likely to encounter mental issues later, according to the study from the University of Manitoba in Canada."

::)
from incomplete data

booty

• Getbig V
 lol..   well, i can think of somethings.. for example: crying all night..  or interupting people who are having a conversation..    you could benefit the child by giving a bit of discipline in these scenarios..
Are you joking tbombz?  If a baby is crying then you go to it and see what is wrong.  Maybe it's nappy is wet, maybe its hungry...maybe it just needs comfort/a cuddle. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
5 month old can barely crawl, what could they do to need discipline?
Hire an internet guru.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
Looks a lot happier than I thought a person would appear after being charged in an infant's death.  :-X
X 2 If any of my kids were dead I dont think I could go one with life let alone be smiling in court.

chaos

• Getbig V
Wow! Good thread, I had no idea it was going to turn into a childhood confession on the way getbiggers were raised.  I find the topic of childhood discipline/abuse deeply personal.  I appreciate others being honest about their childhood's and the way they feel about the issue.  My father was an old school English father, very stoical with a ferocious temper, yet my mother was a very caring individual with a balanced measured way about her, my mother never snapped and lost complete control, the same couldn't be said for my father.  

I have two brothers and two sisters, and my Mum started discipline from a young age with paddling on the arse and reserving a wooden spoon for more serious offences, the thing is, my two older brothers and I soon grew quickly and Mum's discipline didn't seem to have an effect on us, so she handed the role of discipline over to my father, and he was brutal. Me being the type to push boundaries attracted the most physical punishment, and my father was careful to not always punch, but he would slap you around, slap you anywhere on your body, from a young age he used to leave welt marks at different points on my body, I remember being embarrassed, because my dad's hand print would be left on my body and it would swell, become bright red and be sore and visible for days.  His violence progressed, one day hitting me in the legs with a cricket bat and as a teenager he once beat me down, slapped, punched and kicked me while I lay in the foetal position as he wailed away on me.  The funny thing is, I rarely remember what triggered the punishment, what I remember most is the absolute rage he would inflict the punishment with, he would absolutely lose control, and be lost in a hateful rage.

I remember one day when i was about 10 or 11, I confronted my Mother and told her I wasn't going to school that day because I was going to the police Station to report Dad (I think I had just had enough), and my Mother simply told me that if I did that, the Police would lock me up and I would be sent away to a Boys Home - so much for that idea.  Anyway, the abuse continued until I left home at the age 15, and I can honestly say it had a deep negative impact on my life.  

After all the children left home and my parents retired, my Mum and Dad would fight a lot, and even though my Dad tempered his Physical abuse as he got older, he would still rant and rave and be verbally and emotionally abusive towards my Mother.  He would often threaten her with physical abuse or to kill her (it wasn't just us kids he gave a hard time), he abused my Mum as well, some of which i didn't find out until later on and my older bothers would tell me about it.)  

Anyway, My Mother finally separated from him after 43 years of Marriage, she was literally afraid for her life and desperate to get out of the relationship, even though she deeply believed in till death do you part.  Anyway, my Dad now lives alone, doesn't want anything to do with anybody, denies, justifies or minimizes the abuse while my Mum wonders to herself why she let it go on for so long.  I think I would have had no problems had the discipline stayed in the realm of what my Mother used to dish out, because like most young boys I had a strong emotional connection with my Mother, her discipline was balanced by her love and caring, but in the case of my father, as he was a workaholic and not really the emotional type (except for rage), none of the kids developed a connection to him, and his regular brutality and rage just came across pure rage and sadistic.  

I definitely don't believe in physical discipline with children, but I understand how hard it is for adults to deal with juvenile behaviour.  My girlfriends daughter once kicked me really hard in the knee while she was laying down and her mother and I were trying to lecture her about some bad behaviour she had displayed, as an instinctual response I slapped her on the leg and incurred the wrath of my girlfriend, I felt really bad about the incident and apologised to both my girlfriend and her daughter, it literally was a instinctual knee jerk response, I think from being hit so many times you develop a reflex action to strike back (well I did anyway).  

Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child sounds good in theory, but I think it has the potential to get way out of hand, I personally would have preferred my Parents taking the time to talk at length to me about my behaviour and to do their best to convey that they cared about me and loved me while trying to make me understand why my behaviour was unacceptable and inappropriate, but the sad thing was, anything could have triggered my Father, it became more about him having a bad day than anything the children did wrong.  Long Post, but like I said, it is a personal topic to me and one that still has an impact many many years later.

TL;DR;FY;AH
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

booty

• Getbig V
Wow! Good thread, I had no idea it was going to turn into a childhood confession on the way getbiggers were raised.  I find the topic of childhood discipline/abuse deeply personal.  I appreciate others being honest about their childhood's and the way they feel about the issue.  My father was an old school English father, very stoical with a ferocious temper, yet my mother was a very caring individual with a balanced measured way about her, my mother never snapped and lost complete control, the same couldn't be said for my father.  

I have two brothers and two sisters, and my Mum started discipline from a young age with paddling on the arse and reserving a wooden spoon for more serious offences, the thing is, my two older brothers and I soon grew quickly and Mum's discipline didn't seem to have an effect on us, so she handed the role of discipline over to my father, and he was brutal. Me being the type to push boundaries attracted the most physical punishment, and my father was careful to not always punch, but he would slap you around, slap you anywhere on your body, from a young age he used to leave welt marks at different points on my body, I remember being embarrassed, because my dad's hand print would be left on my body and it would swell, become bright red and be sore and visible for days.  His violence progressed, one day hitting me in the legs with a cricket bat and as a teenager he once beat me down, slapped, punched and kicked me while I lay in the foetal position as he wailed away on me.  The funny thing is, I rarely remember what triggered the punishment, what I remember most is the absolute rage he would inflict the punishment with, he would absolutely lose control, and be lost in a hateful rage.

I remember one day when i was about 10 or 11, I confronted my Mother and told her I wasn't going to school that day because I was going to the police Station to report Dad (I think I had just had enough), and my Mother simply told me that if I did that, the Police would lock me up and I would be sent away to a Boys Home - so much for that idea.  Anyway, the abuse continued until I left home at the age 15, and I can honestly say it had a deep negative impact on my life.  

After all the children left home and my parents retired, my Mum and Dad would fight a lot, and even though my Dad tempered his Physical abuse as he got older, he would still rant and rave and be verbally and emotionally abusive towards my Mother.  He would often threaten her with physical abuse or to kill her (it wasn't just us kids he gave a hard time), he abused my Mum as well, some of which i didn't find out until later on and my older bothers would tell me about it.)  

Anyway, My Mother finally separated from him after 43 years of Marriage, she was literally afraid for her life and desperate to get out of the relationship, even though she deeply believed in till death do you part.  Anyway, my Dad now lives alone, doesn't want anything to do with anybody, denies, justifies or minimizes the abuse while my Mum wonders to herself why she let it go on for so long.  I think I would have had no problems had the discipline stayed in the realm of what my Mother used to dish out, because like most young boys I had a strong emotional connection with my Mother, her discipline was balanced by her love and caring, but in the case of my father, as he was a workaholic and not really the emotional type (except for rage), none of the kids developed a connection to him, and his regular brutality and rage just came across pure rage and sadistic.  

I definitely don't believe in physical discipline with children, but I understand how hard it is for adults to deal with juvenile behaviour.  My girlfriends daughter once kicked me really hard in the knee while she was laying down and her mother and I were trying to lecture her about some bad behaviour she had displayed, as an instinctual response I slapped her on the leg and incurred the wrath of my girlfriend, I felt really bad about the incident and apologised to both my girlfriend and her daughter, it literally was a instinctual knee jerk response, I think from being hit so many times you develop a reflex action to strike back (well I did anyway).  

Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child sounds good in theory, but I think it has the potential to get way out of hand, I personally would have preferred my Parents taking the time to talk at length to me about my behaviour and to do their best to convey that they cared about me and loved me while trying to make me understand why my behaviour was unacceptable and inappropriate, but the sad thing was, anything could have triggered my Father, it became more about him having a bad day than anything the children did wrong.  Long Post, but like I said, it is a personal topic to me and one that still has an impact many many years later.
I don't know what to say E Kul.  This is horrible. 

chaos

• Getbig V
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Henda

• Getbig V
I dont know what the fuck is going on nowadays as more and more we are hearing of parents killing there children. we are getting to the point of being no better than the pakis killing their newborn baby because its a gir. I dont oppose a smacked leg or backside but find it very hard to do without feeling bad how someone can beat their baby to death is beyond belief.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
I dont know what the fuck is going on nowadays as more and more we are hearing of parents killing there children. we are getting to the point of being no better than the pakis killing their newborn baby because its a gir. I dont oppose a smacked leg or backside but find it very hard to do without feeling bad how someone can beat their baby to death is beyond belief.

This... Did this things always happen and we just didn't hear about them because of a less connected world, or is there something in the water?!?

Look a this storyabout a "mother" that kicked her daughter in the stomach, beat her with a milk jug and then super-glued her hands to the wall. The little girl suffered bruises and bite marks, fractured ribs, bleeding in the brain and was left in a coma for a few days.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance

Remember in his world, all is justified in the name of God... Thats why hes smiling.

He thinks he did the right thing and that "God" will take care of him. Deulsional moron at its best.

Some people I swear.....

Henda

• Getbig V
This... Did this things always happen and we just didn't hear about them because of a less connected world, or is there something in the water?!?

Look a this storyabout a "mother" that kicked her daughter in the stomach, beat her with a milk jug and then super-glued her hands to the wall. The little girl suffered bruises and bite marks, fractured ribs, bleeding in the brain and was left in a coma for a few days.

Good point im not sure which it is all I know is we are hearing of these things more and more often it is sad turn of events and it feels at times that modern society has far more than its fair share of child killers and vile peodofiles. I dont allow my 5 year old son to play out yet when I was five we were never in the house, the fact tgat they need to lock all the gates and doors during school time aays it all