Author Topic: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use  (Read 8031 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2021, 06:12:56 AM »
Is this because of the cancer? If so, doesn't being in remission negate the need? Honestly, I wish my response to pot was better than I remember. It is likely much less harmful than alcohol or other medications. Anyway, good for you. You have max willpower and that's great!.
No it` becaue I`m a fucking animal when I drink...............ther e is no off button for me.

`Iiam 2 people,one a pretty decent guy,at least I try to be,when under the influence,Im fucking insane.

I can outdrink most peope I know and was better than Jimi Handrix when it came to pushing the drug envelope( OD`ed 3 times) but I could not be resposible for the insanity that I would inflict on myself and others.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2021, 03:51:49 PM »
No it` becaue I`m a fucking animal when I drink...............ther e is no off button for me.

`Iiam 2 people,one a pretty decent guy,at least I try to be,when under the influence,Im fucking insane.

I can outdrink most peope I know and was better than Jimi Handrix when it came to pushing the drug envelope( OD`ed 3 times) but I could not be resposible for the insanity that I would inflict on myself and others.

Got it. My mom didn't drink everyday but when she'd go on the occasional one night bender....all hell broke loose. Drunk, she was completely berserk and dangerous to be around. One feared for their life and for her's as well. Alcohol unleashed a wildly insane animal that was always lying just beneath the surface. Fortunately, this hasn't proved to be a genetic disorder. I'm pretty mellow drunk or sober.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2021, 04:26:17 PM »
dope= weak peoples cope

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2021, 04:56:46 PM »
Im coming from the position of being an historical drug user, but also a business owner, just trying to give you a balanced perspective to support the below statement.

You can draw a line between the legalisation of pot and decreasing productivity in the workforce. Certainly when it comes to manufacturing, construction and logistics.

Any type of hard, soft drug use is negative, I have had sales guys doing blow who think it adds to their game it doesn't, it leaves you vulnerable to strategic situations and thinkers,they will take the deal into deep water past the point of your compromised brain condition and have your agree to something below par, pot users are different in the way that in my experience they are usually more unskilled or repetitive trade labour force types where theres theres not as much strategy just productivity and what i has seen over my years in business that with higher levels of pot use in the population lower levels of productivity.

Im not trying to offend anyone, I've been a user myself.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2021, 05:16:52 PM »
Im coming from the position of being an historical drug user, but also a business owner, just trying to give you a balanced perspective to support the below statement.

You can draw a line between the legalisation of pot and decreasing productivity in the workforce. Certainly when it comes to manufacturing, construction and logistics.

Any type of hard, soft drug use is negative, I have had sales guys doing blow who think it adds to their game it doesn't, it leaves you vulnerable to strategic situations and thinkers,they will take the deal into deep water past the point of your compromised brain condition and have your agree to something below par, pot users are different in the way that in my experience they are usually more unskilled or repetitive trade labour force types where theres theres not as much strategy just productivity and what i has seen over my years in business that with higher levels of pot use in the population lower levels of productivity.

Im not trying to offend anyone, I've been a user myself.
anecdotal at best.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2021, 06:23:07 PM »
dope= weak peoples cope
Dumb statement!!

Never paint people with the same brush until you have walked in their shoes..........I bet my life would have killed you.

Lots of people drink because of shitty enviroments, lack of education and jobs, chemical imbalances, PTSD,and chronic depression among other maladies.

I had/have all of the above and more, and I`m at least as mentally strong as Johnny Falcon !!   LOL   ;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2021, 06:40:37 PM »
dope= weak peoples cope

Dumb statement!!

Never paint people with the same brush until you have walked in their shoes..........I bet my life would have killed you.

Lots of people drink because of shitty enviroments, lack of education and jobs, chemical imbalances, PTSD,and chronic depression among other maladies.

I had/have all of the above and more, and I`m at least as mentally strong as Johnny Falcon !!   LOL   ;D

Er... I suppose all of the above is true, but I think one of the reasons that some people do drugs is, well, because it just feels fantastic  ;D

I had a f*cking blast - very good times and lots of happy crazy memories - 24 hour partying - wild sex - the lot

A few weird experiences on acid and mushrooms, but they are great anecdotes LOL.  No depression, no suicidal friends, nobody went to jail... in fact we all turned out OK

Of course, I'm not telling my kids that!!!  ;D

T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »

Er... I suppose all of the above is true, but I think one of the reasons that some people do drugs is, well, because it just feels fantastic  ;D

I had a f*cking blast - very good times and lots of happy crazy memories - 24 hour partying - wild sex - the lot

A few weird experiences on acid and mushrooms, but they are great anecdotes LOL.  No depression, no suicidal friends, nobody went to jail... in fact we all turned out OK

Booze and drugs are a blast until they escalate and take you under.

It never gets btter with time..........only worse.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2021, 09:28:21 PM »
My mom didn't drink everyday but when she'd go on the occasional one night bender....all hell broke loose. Drunk, she was completely berserk and dangerous to be around. One feared for their life and for her's as well. Alcohol unleashed a wildly insane animal that was always lying just beneath the surface.

too bad such an entity was able to shit out offspring

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2021, 09:38:13 PM »
Who the fuck they think they are to tell you what you're 'allowed' to do? Act like they're doing you some big favor, giving you permission. Screw off.

They never had grounds to ban. This permission assumes an authority they never had. It's like a thief who stole your car expecting you to say thank you when he brings it back. It was never yours, asshole.

I don't even like weed and don't use any other illegal drugs.

I agree with this

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2021, 09:38:59 PM »
Oddly enough laws banning things are often the result of the will of the people.

The driving force of the Prohibition movement was various religious organizations, who believed that less alcohol consumption would decrease the amount of crime, spousal abuse, and raise the overall amount of piety in America. ... The prohibition and women's suffrage movements created an alliance.

I agree with this

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2021, 01:42:48 AM »
Booze and drugs are a blast until they escalate and take you under.

It never gets btter with time..........only worse.

Yeah I know they destroy lives - anything addictive/compulsive is potentially ruinous

But not everyone loses control and goes under though - that's my point - some people do get away with it and walk away
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2021, 11:49:25 AM »

I hated it when my mom would say, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »
I hated it when my mom would say, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Agreed - hypocrisy stinks and I try to avoid it - but I'm not a preachy parent anyway.  Years ago I would have called myself a liberal parent, but the L-word doesn't seem to mean what it used to, especially on GetBig!  ;D
T

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2021, 02:16:46 PM »
Im guessing Iowa and Kansas will be the last states to legalize

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2021, 03:51:02 PM »
Agreed - hypocrisy stinks and I try to avoid it - but I'm not a preachy parent anyway.  Years ago I would have called myself a liberal parent, but the L-word doesn't seem to mean what it used to, especially on GetBig!  ;D

;D Got that right.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2021, 06:48:32 AM »
Dumb statement!!

Meltdown...

Like I said it's life-cope

depressed - take drugs
low confidence- take drugs
low self esteem- take drugs
small muscles - take drugs

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2021, 11:22:21 AM »
Yeah I know they destroy lives - anything addictive/compulsive is potentially ruinous

But not everyone loses control and goes under though - that's my point - some people do get away with it and walk away
Of course some people can drink socially..........I can`t.................just being honest,surely not proud of it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2021, 11:23:58 AM »
Meltdown...

Like I said it's life-cope

depressed - take drugs
low confidence- take drugs
low self esteem- take drugs
small muscles - take drugs

OK,just be thankful that you aren`t a drunk or an addict cuz that shit does not discriminate and your life is far from over.

You sir never know where life might take you.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2021, 05:43:32 PM »
I think you have done well Wes, you have identified flaws and introduced self management to avoid them, power to you.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2021, 03:01:54 PM »
Yeah, i don't know i think all New Yorker's suck..
You can kill your own child in New York legaly..
And smoking pot is also legal.. nice.

You could give me 1 Million of you're worthless shit money and i would not go there!
If you like to smoke pot go to the the Netherlands..

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2021, 03:27:53 PM »
I smoked a joint on Saturday evening.

For a while everything was more vibrant, more colorful, more exciting.

I couldn't stop smiling. I just wanted to go outside and be with nature.

Everything sounded more crisp, smelled more intense, felt more passionate.

I literally sat in my backyard for an hour and just pondered life; was i doing what i wanted? Was i living a fulfilling life?

Then i ate dinner, had sex with my GF and watched a movie. Slept like 8 hours.

NOW! If that is not detrimental to our society, i don't know what is. ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2021, 03:45:39 PM »
Im guessing Iowa and Kansas will be the last states to legalize

Utah.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2021, 01:31:10 PM »

I literally sat in my backyard for an hour and just pondered life; was i doing what i wanted? Was i living a fulfilling life?

Cannabis offers a change of perspective, that’s what I get out of it.
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2021, 08:13:50 PM »

Very envious, but glad you had a good time involving normal sex  ;D

Wish they would legalise edibles in the UK - but I don't see that happening any time soon  :'(
T