Author Topic: Woman steals stolen bike back from man who stole it.  (Read 4865 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Woman steals stolen bike back from man who stole it.
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:33:58 AM »
BOULDER, Colo. -- A Boulder woman found her stolen bike on Craigslist, met the seller for a test ride and stole her bike back.

Kathryn Lucas parked her black Trek 1.2 road bike outside the Lazy Dog at 14th and Pearl Streets in Boulder on Friday night. She went into the sports bar to watch the University of Colorado football game against the University of Southern California.

"(I) came back out to get my bike to go home  and my bike wasn't there," said Lucas.

She went online to fill out a Boulder police report. While online, she also started to search for her stolen bike on Craigslist.

"I knew that it wasn't uncommon for things to just show up," said Lucas.

She and her roommate searched the keyword, "Trek" and searched through the posts, looking at the photos of the bikes for sale.

"My roommate had seen it online. He said, 'I see your bike, it's on Craigslist,'" said Lucas.

The photo showed a bike with red-taped handle bars and a tail bumper of the rear tire.

"The red tape and the only one water bottle holder… yeah, this is definitely my bike," said Lucas.

Kathryn Arranged 'Test Ride'

She responded to the Craigslist ad. A Westminster police report obtained by 7NEWS identified the seller as a person using the name "Lance Robinson." The seller was actually 18-year-old Denzel O'Neal Crawford.

Lucas emailed Crawford, who then gave her his phone number.

"He said, 'Yeah, here's my number and I'll text you my address once you text me,'" said Lucas. "I thought, maybe that he would get nervous about meeting me. He had just stolen the bike."

Lucas said she never got an exact address, only an apartment complex. She called police, but without an exact address she didn't have them go with her.

"Once I got the address, I figured I could meet them and maybe the police could come later," said Lucas.

When she got to the apartment complex, she met Crawford and his brother near the pool.

"I didn't really say much to them. All I said was, 'Oh, this is the bike?" And they said, 'Yes.' And I said, 'Well, can I give it a test ride?' And they said, 'Yeah,'" said Lucas. "So, I started riding it and I knew it was my bike, so I just kept riding it. (I) rode it to my car and then threw it in my car and then drove away."

"Was that your plan the whole time?" asked 7NEWS reporter Marshall Zelinger.

"No," said Lucas. "They were a lot bigger than I thought they were. I thought it'd be like a little person that stole bikes and I'd be like, 'Hey, I called the police and that's my bike and you're trying to sell it to me,' but just took it for a ride and went with it."

She called police after she got her bike back to tell them the exact address.

"They told me for future reference that I probably would not want to do that by myself," said Lucas.

Man Admits To Bike Theft In Handwritten Admissions

In handwritten statements to Westminster and Boulder police, Crawford admitted to the bike theft.

In his voluntary statement to Boulder police, Crawford admits stealing the unlocked bike and then advertising it on Craigslist. He also describes watching the woman ride the bike to her car, throw it in the car and drive away. He told police he thought the woman had just, "stolen their bike back." The next thing he described was an officer knocking on his door.

Police said Crawford does not have a police record and was "extremely cooperative" during the investigation.

Craigslist is becoming a handy tool for recovering stolen bikes -- and other hot property -- and arresting thieves.

In September, a Denver woman found her stolen bike on the popular online marketplace.

Posing as a prospective buyer, the woman arranged to meet the Craigslist bike seller, but had an undercover Denver police officer meet the man instead.

Police arrested a 21-year-old man and recovered the woman's stolen bike along with three other suspected stolen bikes from the man's car. The man quickly pleaded guilty to theft.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Woman steals stolen bike back from black guy who stole it.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:41:07 AM »
hahahahahahahhahaha  "That's imtrampment!"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 06:43:24 AM »
Good for her - she should have handed that lazy parasite a bunch of job applications and spit on him.     

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 06:46:03 AM »
Good for her. I hear gh15's already on the case and is going to cut off Crawford's supply of KFC and watermelon permanently.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 06:47:21 AM »
Good for her. I hear gh15's already on the case and is going to cut off Crawford's supply of KFC and watermelon permanently.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 06:47:53 AM »
Why mention the guys race in the thread title...?  Is it relevant ?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 06:48:36 AM »
Someone once stole from me and thought they'd gotten away with it... Drained all the oil from their engine one night. The trip to work the next morning was interesting I heard.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
Why mention the guys race in the thread title...?  Is it relevant ?

you're right, it isn't. I edited the title

Please accept my apologies

:)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 06:51:50 AM »
you're right, it isn't. I modified it.

Please accept my apologies

:)
Well that's nice. I expected some racist answer... ;D ;D this is getbig, you know.. :D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 06:52:51 AM »

Well, he lives up to the stereotype...

suckmymuscle

Re:
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »
Woman steals stolen bike back from man who stole it.

That is not a theft. That is a retrieval.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Woman steals stolen bike back from man who stole it.
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 07:48:50 AM »
Nukka stole my bike!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 08:12:48 AM »
guess the color

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »

hahahha ... women are so dumb

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 08:19:53 AM »
I had a buddy that had his bike stolen in Springfield, Il. It was a respectable mountain bike, nothing crazy, but still. He had no car, so he walked to K-Mart one day to get some things. Guess what he saw in the bike rack? His ride. Just pulled it out and took off. Crazy luck.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 08:25:20 AM »

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Woman steals stolen bike back from Black man who stole it.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 08:34:26 AM »
I know Colorado is full of serious cyclists that love their beer. You just can't leave your bike unlocked at bars though. I had a 96 mountain bike with a Judy SL, top of the line Mavic Rims, $100 kevlar seat, etc. Nice bike. I got loaded up one night and didn't have my lock. So, I hid it to go drink. It was still there, but I wanted to shoot myself for risking it the next morning after putting about 3 grand into it, not to mention the shop bills. Most bike thieves probably don't know good shit from a Huffy until they look it up, or show it to someone.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 08:40:56 AM »
i got my bike for like $75.... kiddy seat on it and everything. 

If I saw someone stealing it, I would probably pistol whip them until they called me mommy.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 08:46:22 AM »
Why mention the guys race in the thread title...?  Is it relevant ?

It would have only been relevant if it was a white guy that stole it. Because otherwise we just assume.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 08:54:24 AM »
It would have only been relevant if it was a white guy that stole it. Because otherwise we just assume.

This

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 08:58:55 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
I know Colorado is full of serious cyclists that love their beer. You just can't leave your bike unlocked at bars though. I had a 96 mountain bike with a Judy SL, top of the line Mavic Rims, $100 kevlar seat, etc. Nice bike. I got loaded up one night and didn't have my lock. So, I hid it to go drink. It was still there, but I wanted to shoot myself for risking it the next morning after putting about 3 grand into it, not to mention the shop bills. Most bike thieves probably don't know good shit from a Huffy until they look it up, or show it to someone.
So I take it that many of these cyclists have had multiple DUIs and suspended licenses, so to get around it they become "cyclists"....

That happens in MD, or they get a scooter that is under 49cc, to get around the fact that their license is revoked.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:13 AM »
Milton and Parker are not Nukkas though.

They would purchase the bike.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:52 AM »
Milton and Parker are not Nukkas though.

They would purchase the bike.
Yep---there was this fat kid in my parent's neighborhood that was stealing bikes and hiding them behind bushes....let's just say he look like an older version of the fat kid in Goonies.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »
So I take it that many of these cyclists have had multiple DUIs and suspended licenses, so to get around it they become "cyclists"....

That happens in MD, or they get a scooter that is under 49cc, to get around the fact that their license is revoked.

I didn't say everybody abuses alcohol. They may only enjoy a couple. Must drunks are riding shit from Wal-Mart. Fat Tire Ale anyone?  ;D