Author Topic: Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets  (Read 2709 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 07:12:23 PM »
Africans yet again!

Are there lot of them in Amsterdam?

Back then, not so much. Now?  I have no idea.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 02:01:30 AM »
Right on!

I left your shit country last year, couldn't handle you wankers anymore. I hope you enjoy having Muslims run your country in a few years you bunch of pussies

Not intending to brawl with another white man, but my friend Eire is still not free land.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 02:26:54 AM »
Amsterdam really is different from many cities in the world

Red Light District, Paying people in Beer, all the Weed etc

Seems like a happy city in general

Whats the crime-rate in Amsterdam compared to, let's say Detroit?

Less than Detroit, but unfortunately local government is very soft on crime. That's why there are so many eastern european pick pocketers around...they also do burglaries.

Violence usually comes from north-africans (from morocco and such) and blacks that mostly have a surinam or dutch antilles background.
Take the usual precautionary measures you would in any major city

sexpert

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 02:30:34 AM »
why not? People pay this jerk off to clean their toilets

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 02:33:36 AM »
I have a real chip on my shoulder against the Dutch. I fucking hated living there. I was over visiting friends 2 weekends ago and I got caught for 2 speeding tickets by the immigration guy at airport. You wanna know how much it cost me to get outta there without going to jail? 650 euros on the spot. The fines were ramped up plus I was late paying my APK by a month (Dutch vehicle road worthyness cert) before selling the car/leaving the country. FUCKING WANKERS!!!!

650 euros (about 883 us dollars) is quite a lot for two speeding tickets...fines are ramped up if you don't pay them within the time period that is mentioned on the ticket.

APK (technical survey) is to make sure cars on the road are safe for both driver and other road users. It's a technical yearly or bi-yearly check-up of each car. It makes traffic a lot safer. Holland has about 30% less traffic deaths than say...Ireland for example   :P

www.worldlifeexpectancy. com/cause-of-death/road-traffic-accidents/by-country/

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2013, 05:45:01 AM »
I have a real chip on my shoulder against the Dutch. I fucking hated living there. I was over visiting friends 2 weekends ago and I got caught for 2 speeding tickets by the immigration guy at airport. You wanna know how much it cost me to get outta there without going to jail? 650 euros on the spot. The fines were ramped up plus I was late paying my APK by a month (Dutch vehicle road worthyness cert) before selling the car/leaving the country. FUCKING WANKERS!!!!

If only all our criminals would piss off and leave this great country. So thanks for setting a good example.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 07:50:28 AM »
these arabs destroy the world

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »
You have this project also in Amersfoort another city in the netherlands.

Also sponsored by Heineken    ;)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »
these maroccans are destroying our country.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »
This is still getting around; maybe other countries might try food instead of beer. Or food with beer.

http://guyism.com/lifestyle/alcohol/amsterdam-keeps-streets-clean-hiring-alcoholics-pick-trash-exchange-beer.html

Amsterdam keeps streets clean by hiring alcoholics to pick up trash in exchange for beer

Amsterdam furthers its claim as the coolest country in the world by supporting The Rainbow Group, which givie homeless alcoholics beer in exchange for picking up trash. It’s like “Cash for Gold” but way better.

Alcoholics are being paid in beer to clean the streets of Amsterdam as part of a project partly funded by the Dutch government – the organisers think other countries should abandon “old-fashioned political correctness” and adopt the same approach.

I’m sure this isn’t as helpful as tossing a backpack at the problem, but it sounds a lot more fun. Drinkers get to drink, and all they have to do is pick up a little trash? Where do I sign up?

I say that i jest, as I know homelessness and alcoholism is a serious issue, but when all else fails you can either give up on people or try something unconventional. In addition to beer, in quantities unknown, the Rainbow Group provides shelter and food to those in its program.

While not everyone will love the idea of feeding an addiction, apparently everyone in the neighborhood loves it. The area where the homeless congregate has also seen a drop in murders and stabbings, so the program is doing more than just beautifying the streets.

I highly doubt will see anything like this in the U.S. due to the inevitable moral outrage, but I’m glad someone is thinking outside the box.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25548061

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 08:45:35 PM »
Typical Irish trying to skip out on your debts.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 11:30:20 PM »
Australia's Darwin should follow Amsterdam example  :)

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »
Many alcoholics are beyond rescue, and cost society a lot of money (also crime related). This Amsterdam project will cost a lot of taxpayer money, but hopefully less than letting such addicts wander around. At least they do something useful now

Video:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25618339

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »
Many alcoholics are beyond rescue, and cost society a lot of money (also crime related). This Amsterdam project will cost a lot of taxpayer money, but hopefully less than letting such addicts wander around. At least they do something useful now

Video:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25618339

"Only" $ 300 000 per Abo drunk in Darwin rehab, something like 4 * resort acommodation for 3 months  ::)