Author Topic: Donate blood  (Read 1657 times)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
Donate blood
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »
Just as electricity does not come from 'that switch on the wall', blood does not 'come from hospitals'.

Blood comes from donors. They average between 30-50, equal male/female, mainly college educated and likely higher income. In recent years its trending to older donors.

I have had 3 transfusions, my late wife 9. It was there when needed.

I have been fortunate to be able to donate almost 2 gallons back into the system in the last 3 years.

You are on the honor system when you fill out the questionaire whether you have taken any 'non doctor prescribed' steroids. I take prescribed T so I am OK.

DONATE please.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Donate blood
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 03:31:03 PM »
I would, but I am deathly afraid of anything related to needles and puncturing the skin.   :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:02:04 PM »
I heard American Red Cross sells the blood they collect. I do donate BTW

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »
True. ALL suppliers of blood collect their overhead costs. After the hospital saves your life with a transfusion your insurance company will be billed for the product.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »
I cant donate blood because of a medication I'm  taking.  I used to donate a couple times a year.
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 07:18:15 PM »
You can sell your plasma for cash.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:30:16 PM »
Just as electricity does not come from 'that switch on the wall', blood does not 'come from hospitals'.

Blood comes from donors. They average between 30-50, equal male/female, mainly college educated and likely higher income. In recent years its trending to older donors.

I have had 3 transfusions, my late wife 9. It was there when needed.

I have been fortunate to be able to donate almost 2 gallons back into the system in the last 3 years.

You are on the honor system when you fill out the questionaire whether you have taken any 'non doctor prescribed' steroids. I take prescribed T so I am OK.

DONATE please.

Hospitals charge patients for blood when they get it donated for free... fuck them.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 07:47:06 PM »
Hospitals charge patients for blood when they get it donated for free... fuck them.
Thats what you get with a shitty For Profit system that puts money over health outcomes and lets the Insurance companies dictate your level and standard of care.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 08:45:08 PM »
Thats what you get with a shitty For Profit system that puts money over health outcomes and lets the Insurance companies dictate your level and standard of care.

Accurate post of peace.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 08:46:47 PM »
I woudln't mind donating again.  I fainted the last time I tried :(  Just took a look at that needle sucking blod out of my arm and took a little catnap.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 08:48:35 PM »
tbomb will donate no problemo.

his blood group is resus hiv positive
n

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 10:41:34 PM »
I do, every few months. Anyone using aas needs to donate to stay healthy so they're doing me a favor and they get delicious o negative in return

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 01:18:18 AM »
I would, but I am deathly afraid of anything related to needles and puncturing the skin.   :-\
Me too.  :-[
They don't want my blood, I'm still on low dose chemo...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 05:18:11 AM »
A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:24:18 AM »
Donating blood in this overpopulated world  ::)

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 05:38:59 AM »
Good one ;D
$

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 06:35:01 AM »
True. ALL suppliers of blood collect their overhead costs. After the hospital saves your life with a transfusion your insurance company will be billed for the product.

I have trouble believing they are not making a nice profit. Operating costs? Volunteer blood takers and donated facilities to draw the blood are used. The Red Cross has any time over 300 million plus in the bank to pay for incidentals like driving the blood in their vehicles. 

The blood they take from you is not GIVEN to the the hospitals for free. It is sold.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 06:41:27 AM »
I do, every few months. Anyone using aas needs to donate to stay healthy so they're doing me a favor and they get delicious o negative in return

Even low dosers?!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
More often than not they don't want my blood.  Either the iron is too low or I've traveled within the last 12 months somewhere on their deferral list.  I have my donor card and have donated plenty of times but won't anymore even if I am eligible.   The F'g hack phlebotomists they hire screw something up every single time.  Last time I had nerve damage that took 4 months to heal. >:(
:

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 11:01:18 AM »
More often than not they don't want my blood.  Either the iron is too low or I've traveled within the last 12 months somewhere on their deferral list.  I have my donor card and have donated plenty of times but won't anymore even if I am eligible.   The F'g hack phlebotomists they hire screw something up every single time.  Last time I had nerve damage that took 4 months to heal. >:(
I did not understand what you wrote here.
Can you be more specific?
:)
$

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
Even low dosers?!

If your hemocrit is elevated, fo'sho

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »

Please name the org that gives it "free". All the reputable non profit orgs incl. Red Cross charge the hospitals for their overhead expenses.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 02:33:29 PM »
…..and to be sure you get No Transfusions…wear a bracelet. Now if your child or father is two pints down and ready to flat line be sure they also have bracelets. Sure as shit you dont want the hospital to profit.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »
…..and to be sure you get No Transfusions…wear a bracelet. Now if your child or father is two pints down and ready to flat line be sure they also have bracelets. Sure as shit you dont want the hospital to profit.

I assume this is just a joke.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 04:31:38 AM »
Sounds painful! I should consider myself lucky then when they 'only' need 4 tries to finally insert the needle in a vein...