Author Topic: Serge Nubret is here  (Read 701799 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Serge Nubret is here
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »
Wow I want that DVD as well, tell us serge when will it be out?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2006, 10:56:15 AM »
Bump
and keep moving!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2006, 11:04:43 AM »
bodybuilding is a sport isn't it Serge

E
E

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2006, 11:05:54 AM »
As promessed here is this photo I did 15 days before I stoped training when Weider told me that I cannot compete.

Serge Nubret

DAMN!!!! Serge. I think that is the best pic of you I have ever seen in terms of conditioning. Could you please tell us what you ate everday during that time??? Thanks!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2006, 11:11:32 AM »
i cant get nubrets training files to open? can someone repost them in a different form?

Serge posted this on Ironage.

“I'm trying here to give both of you the answer about my "training cardio type"
first a lot of people think that I was training with very light weight. No it is not exactly correct.

I used to train with a weight I could do about 12 to 15 reps for about 6 to 10 set with only 30 to 45 seconds of rest between set. About 4 to 6 different exercises by muscle groups.

Try this and you'll realize that the weight you'll be using will become heavy very fast.

I was using my abs training as a cardio cession, I prefer to do abs during one hour no stop that stay on a treadmill for one hour seven days a week on this special muscle.”
and keep moving!

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
Hi Serge.  You haven't really discussed your diet at all.  What are your favorite foods?  what foods do you eat for bodybuilding that you don't like or are sick of?  and how many calories do you eat?   How is your overall health now at 69?  Thanks.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2006, 12:29:17 PM »
Serge, who do you look up to or admire in bodybuilding and outside bodybuilding?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2006, 12:36:50 PM »
That's not true, this board is the most honest one out there, to mods leave people be to most accounts and only give time out in extreme cases.
This is a perfect board and one of the very rare once out there, I admit it is at times quit harsh and unforgiving, but there is no board out there were evern Pros (I'm not talking about baseless attacks) get a good wipping, why do you think they continue posting here?
I believe getbig is more important to some of the pros than they want to admit.

I'm sure the mods will keep a close eye on this thread. ;)

this is the only board out there (beside steroid boards) that is worth registering to,,why? because the other boards are all built around kissing my ass,,while on this boardi hear the truth wether i like it or not.

getbig is very known among ifbb pros and im only one of quite few others,, that post here under diff identity. rest of the boards that are not steroid related,,are worthless,,because they are built wrongly from the core,,ful of pink colored "reality",,and have kids with no brain as moderators.

fallen angel

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2006, 12:47:07 PM »

this is the only board out there (beside steroid boards) that is worth registering to,,why? because the other boards are all built around kissing my ass,,while on this boardi hear the truth wether i like it or not.

getbig is very known among ifbb pros and im only one of quite few others,, that post here under diff identity. rest of the boards that are not steroid related,,are worthless,,because they are built wrongly from the core,,ful of pink colored "reality",,and have kids with no brain as moderators.

True words.

dammitman

• Getbig II
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2006, 01:01:11 PM »
I'm honored to be able to post something that the great Serge Nubret may actually read.  I've always thought he had one of the greatest physiques of all time.  His condition and balance were incredible.  He had great size also.  Perfect example of the ideal bodybuilding physique for me.  When I want to get motivated for a great workout I just have to see shots of the bodybuilders from his era.  No disrespect to today's pros, but I just prefer the look of the physiques in Serge's time.  These guys weren't just worried about size, they made sure to etch in detail and keep their proportions exact.  That is true bodybuilding to me.  Schwarzenegger, Mentzer, Viator, Colombu, Oliva, Zane, Dickerson, etc. and of course Nubret...they will always be legends. 

Serge, I'm awful proud to have you here and there are lots more like me who will look forward to any advice or info you can give us.
Everyone is fair game.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2006, 02:21:50 PM »

DAMN!!!! Serge. I think that is the best pic of you I have ever seen in terms of conditioning. Could you please tell us what you ate everday during that time??? Thanks!

yes i second this question!!
A

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2006, 02:41:06 PM »
Don't worry about what people say just train the way you subconscient ask you to do, and if your diet is good too Those people who are thinking to day that you are crazy will be those will approch soon to ask you about your training. I was in this case years ago, and I am still there.

Serge

Well I am still very young, just turned 21 a few weeks ago and am on my way to having a quality phyisque just like you and many other had back in the good ol' days. I love bodybuilding but would never ruin my body with the things people use today, I would rather have a beautiful yet powerful physique then look like a mass monster. I try to keep my protein around 2 grams per pound of bodyweight on days I work out but I always feel my diet could be better (I love cheese on everything). When I train it's always on the fly and never planned out, I just do what feels right and listen to my body.
I

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2006, 02:53:39 PM »
Serge a true legend :o
Welcome to Getbig :D

affy

« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

*cough*bb.com*cough*

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »
I did 25 movies, in one of them I was faking making love to a nice girl, and Weider took that as a pretexte to suspends me from the Mr. olympia, but every body know that is not why, it is only because they were afraid for their "PROTEGE" you see what I mean.
Maybe If I was playing the same part but with a man I will not be suspended. Do you see what I mean?...

Serge

Hah, that was a fantastic post.  Very befitting of this board.  Serge has our measure already

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2006, 08:47:03 PM »
I heard from an old-time bodybuilder that Harold Poole really won the first Olympia, but Weider didn't want the first Mr. O to be black, so he made one of the judges change his vote.

Any truth to this, Serge?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2006, 11:05:15 PM »
This is cool..we need more of the legends to post on here.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2006, 04:52:33 AM »
WELCOME SERGE NUBRET..ITS AN HONOUR TO TALK TO A GUY WHO GOT SECOND PLACE TO ARNOLD AT THE OLYMPIA 1975...LOL

As usuall you keep to the roll of being the asshole on this board, why can you not even show a little respect for somebody like nubre?
Who is clearly a legend and who post mostly for our benefit here?

Mods can we not FINALLY get that Gobi eating guy in lockdown with the rest of the pedophiles... just for a month or two until he calms down a little bit?

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2006, 05:21:03 AM »
Well I am still very young, just turned 21 a few weeks ago and am on my way to having a quality phyisque just like you and many other had back in the good ol' days. I love bodybuilding but would never ruin my body with the things people use today, I would rather have a beautiful yet powerful physique then look like a mass monster. I try to keep my protein around 2 grams per pound of bodyweight on days I work out but I always feel my diet could be better (I love cheese on everything). When I train it's always on the fly and never planned out, I just do what feels right and listen to my body.

Good to hear.

I guess the only think current ifbb pros keep at 2grams per day is their test.

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2006, 08:15:25 AM »
.......also Serge, do you consider bodybuilding a "sport" ;D??

Yes it was, but I am not about today, becaus be a PRO world champion with only 45 mn training a day, that is far away what needed for. Tell me a real sport that the champions have to stay so litle time practicing their sport? But for me body building is an art too.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2006, 08:19:46 AM »
Mr. Nebret do you endorse using any food supplements like vitamins, creatine, etc.  and if you do is there any particular brands that you endorse?

NO!... untill now I never ordorse any food supplements just because I never used one of them, I used to eat all my natural food specially red meat when I found my creatine. Funny that my body knew before everybody about creatine.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2006, 08:23:21 AM »
Mr. Nubret,  It is an honor to have a legend of the sport here.  Thank you for gracing us with your presence. 

You said you don't like the way things are now.  What about bodybuilding do you not like today?  What you you think of Ronnie Coleman's and Jay Cutler's physiques?

About Ronnie and Jay, I don't have any thought about them, it is not my cup of tea.

Serge

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2006, 08:24:58 AM »
serge nubret! what did your pre contest training and pre contest diet look like?
A

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2006, 08:41:17 AM »
I heard from an old-time bodybuilder that Harold Poole really won the first Olympia, but Weider didn't want the first Mr. O to be black, so he made one of the judges change his vote.

Any truth to this, Serge?

That can be sure, that happen to me in 1960 when I competed in the IFBB universe in Canada, they just gave me the title of "THE MOST MUCULAR MAN IN THE WORLD" as a black man at this time could not win the Mr. Universe contest and 2 decades after when MAKAWI won the same title things have change, but Ben Weider has to tell him : YOU SEE MAKAWY YOU ARE BLACK ARAB AND YOU JUST WON THE TITLE OF MISTER UNIVERSE" thing has change since, but I don't think it is because of Weider.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2006, 08:44:49 AM »
serge nubret! what did your pre contest training and pre contest diet look like?

I did not change a thing, just training harder.

Serge