Author Topic: Obama vs Romney  (Read 70575 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama vs Romney
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2012, 10:26:57 AM »
Gallup state numbers predict huge Obama loss
by

Conn Carroll Senior Editorial Writer

Gallup released their annual state-by-state presidential approval numbers yesterday, and the results should have 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue very worried. If President Obama carries only those states where he had a net positive approval rating in 2011 (e.g. Michigan where he is up 48 percent to 44 percent), Obama would lose the 2012 election to the Republican nominee 323 electoral votes to 215.

Gallup adds:

Overall, Obama averaged 44% job approval in his third year in office, down from 47% in his second year. His approval rating declined from 2010 to 2011 in most states, with Wyoming, Connecticut, and Maine showing a marginal increase, and Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Jersey, Arizona, West Virginia, Michigan, and Georgia showing declines of less than a full percentage point. The greatest declines were in Hawaii, South Dakota, Nebraska, and New Mexico.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »
You think so?  I think he decided blacks can kiss his rear end over him finally the truth about homosexual marriage, because they're going to vote for him anyway.

Well, Bush went from 8% of the black vote in 2000 to 11% of the black vote in 2004. 11 states put marriage amendments on the ballot on election day 2004; two states (Louisiana and Missouri) did their earlier in the year, because the Dems didn't want this issue to help Bush get re-elected.

Now, we have Obama saying he wants to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act. If that happens, it effectively legalizes gay "marriage" nationwide, because DOMA keeps states from recognizing other gay "marriage" licenses.

There are enough black people in the swing states who are NOT going to let New York, Massachusetts, DC, and the other handful of places define marriage within their borders.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2012, 10:37:36 AM »
Well, Bush went from 8% of the black vote in 2000 to 11% of the black vote in 2004. 11 states put marriage amendments on the ballot on election day 2004; two states (Louisiana and Missouri) did their earlier in the year, because the Dems didn't want this issue to help Bush get re-elected.

Now, we have Obama saying he wants to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act. If that happens, it effectively legalized gay "marriage" nationwide, because DOMA keeps states from recognizing other gay "marriage" licenses.

There are enough black people in the swing states who are NOT going to let New York, Massachusetts, DC, and the other handful of places define marriage within their borders.

Makes sense.  I hope you're right.  I really worry about the future of my country if that man is reelected.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
Makes sense.  I hope you're right.  I really worry about the future of my country if that man is reelected.

If this jerk gets re-elected the entire economy will collapse immediately as it will signal 4 more years of communism and treachery 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »
I thought it was already going to collapse anyway?  You mean all the crying you did his first term was for nothing since it won't happen until his second one?

Does that mean doctors won't be walking off their jobs with their black duffel bags to torch cities across the country until the second term?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2012, 11:00:04 AM »
In June of 2004 Kerry was leading Bush by 6-points in a Gallup Poll

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110548/gallup-presidential-election-trialheat-trends-19362004.aspx

The last time an incumbent president was up for election. Kerry also led in July before Bush generally had a small advantage in Gallup up until the election.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »
Polls don't mean shit at this point.  Only for those trying to prop up their hopes and egos.

::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
In June of 2004 Kerry was leading Bush by 6-points in a Gallup Poll

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110548/gallup-presidential-election-trialheat-trends-19362004.aspx

The last time an incumbent president was up for election. Kerry also led in July before Bush generally had a small advantage in Gallup up until the election.

Bush regained the lead in August 2004 and never looked back.

Exactly what is Obama going to do to regain the lead and keep it, especially when he's afraid to talk about the most important issue of this election?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »

Exactly what is Obama going to do to regain the lead and keep it, especially when he's afraid to talk about the most important issue of this election?

Well, Bush ran on the God platform back in 2004. That helped tremendously.

Who knows what the political pundits will come up with.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »

He could take action to ensure the economy is no longer the most important issue of the election.

Attack Iran, for example.  The neocons would be wetting their pants with joy, romney would adopt a 'me too!' attitude, and the shock-and-awe coverage on FOX would be all they cared about.

just an example, but he's an incumbent and they have the power to guide national policy, events and discussion.   Remember that IRAQ was the main issue when Mccain won, and by the fall, the ECONOMY was #1.  It could change in a few months - it did in 2008.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »
Well, Bush ran on the God platform back in 2004. That helped tremendously.

Who knows what the political pundits will come up with.

They'd better come up with something....QUICKLY!!

The groveling-before-the-gays strategy ain't working.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
They'd better come up with something....QUICKLY!!

The groveling-before-the-gays strategy ain't working.

I don't know... It's not a bad platform really.

I can see it working... especially since the pro-gay people are gaining overall from a percentage standpoint.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »
The political/economic enviornment was not as bad when Bush was running for re-election. Also, keep in mind that the beginning of the Iraq insurgency and Abu Graib really hurt Bush. Despite what Dems want to believe, Romney is a better AND more likable candidate than Kerry was.
Also, Obama has been under 50% approval far longer than Bush was.
Kerry and the Dems used a very flawed strategy. They couldnt take a clear position in regards to the Iraq War. You had Kerry trying to imply that Bush got us into the war under false pretenses. But Kerry voted for it. He wanted it both ways and that's why he lost. That made it easier to tag him with the flip flopping charge. It would have been a far better stratagy to attack Bush on the management of the war.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »
He could take action to ensure the economy is no longer the most important issue of the election.

Attack Iran, for example.  The neocons would be wetting their pants with joy, romney would adopt a 'me too!' attitude, and the shock-and-awe coverage on FOX would be all they cared about.

just an example, but he's an incumbent and they have the power to guide national policy, events and discussion.   Remember that IRAQ was the main issue when Mccain won, and by the fall, the ECONOMY was #1.  It could change in a few months - it did in 2008.

There was an economic COLLAPSE! That's why the economy was the number one issue.

NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING Obama can do will take the focus off the economy as issue #1. And, Lord only knows, he and his minions have been trying: Contraception, "war on women", dogs, gay "marriage", bullying.

Iran? PLEASE!! His war-weary supporters would LYNCH him, if that happens.

As dumb as it is for him to divert from the economy, the LAST PLACE you want to go is the very spot where your opponents THRIVE: Social issues (particularly, marriage).

I don't know... It's not a bad platform really.

I can see it working... especially since the pro-gay people are gaining overall from a percentage standpoint.

Yep!! It gained so well, that just last week, the gay "marriage" supporters got beat up for the 32nd time.

At least 7 of the swing states have passed marriage amendments. This is a loser for Obama and the polls keep reflecting that, not to mention that pesky 0-32 record gay "marriage" supporters have.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »
There was an economic COLLAPSE! That's why the economy was the number one issue.

NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING Obama can do will take the focus off the economy as issue #1. And, Lord only knows, he and his minions have been trying: Contraception, "war on women", dogs, gay "marriage", bullying.

I guess we will see.  I believe that if he coudl convince a foreign country wanted to destroy us, or spike oil prices (rememebr even FOX was repeating that nonsense that it was their fault prices were rising), I could see the moderates getting behind him.

And yes, the bedwetting liberals will excuse any war obama starts.  Just as they supported his intervention in Libya.  You think they'll vote romney over obama beccause obama starts a war?

I coudln't put it past obama.  He's pretty cold hearted so far, coming at romney every week with a new issue.  You think he wouldn't start some small 'skirmish' in order to stay in office?  Sheeit, if any prez is down for an october surprise to keep his job, it'll be obama.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
I think its a crap shoot at this point, but if anything, Obama seems to be losing ground on Romney.

Just my observations.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »

As dumb as it is for him to divert from the economy, the LAST PLACE you want to go is the very spot where your opponents THRIVE: Social issues (particularly, marriage).

Yep!! It gained so well, that just last week, the gay "marriage" supporters got beat up for the 32nd time.

At least 7 of the swing states have passed marriage amendments. This is a loser for Obama and the polls keep reflecting that, not to mention that pesky 0-32 record gay "marriage" supporters have.

When those votes are all being presented along side republican primaries, you can pretty much guarantee how that would go.

But let's be clear... The country according to most polls is completely reversed on gay marriage from where it was 12 years ago.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »
I thought mormons were allowed to have multiple wives?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2012, 02:46:06 PM »

Nobody seems to care that he's mormon.
Except idiots.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2012, 02:48:30 PM »

The fundamentalists... The "New Mormons" are excommunicated if they practice polygamy.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »
Polls don't mean shit at this point.  Only for those trying to prop up their hopes and egos.

::)

Polls dont mean shit.period. If we cant even decide whos gunna be on the ticket why would we think we'd ever have a non rigged election?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2012, 03:10:51 PM »
I meant the whole "I believe marriage is between 1 woman and 1 man"  - doesn't that disagree with his religion?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »
When those votes are all being presented along side republican primaries, you can pretty much guarantee how that would go.

But let's be clear... The country according to most polls is completely reversed on gay marriage from where it was 12 years ago.

Judging opinions on gay "marriage", based on polls, is the equivalent of judging a team's regular season record , based on its preseason record. The Detroit Lions went 4-0 in 2008 preseason. How did their regular season go?

Besides, we've seen this mess before now. On average, support for traditional marriage plays out about 5-7 points better than what the polls show.

Two weeks before the 2008 election, poll after poll said that Californians were in favor of gay "marriage" and against Prop. 8, to the tune of 49-44. Guess how that turned out.

Polls in Florida said that gay "marriage" was more acceptable too, that Floridians were in favor of it. Guess what happened on gameday: Amendment 2 passed, 62-38 (and this was the ONE situation were gay supporters could win without winning, because Florida requires a 60% supermajority to pass an amendment). Gay activists couldn't even get 41% of Florida voters to side with them.

Liberals love to cite these polls but don't have the balls to put their money where their mouths are. Bring up a referendum and they'll SQUEAL like stuck pigs. Why?

They have LOST, every time this goes to the voters...with the lion's share being BLOWOUTS (see North Carolina last week). Minnesota and Maryland are on deck this year.  Maryland legalized gay "marriage" earlier this year; but the law doesn't take effect until next year....IF it survives. Considering that California and Maine REVERSED gay "marriage" laws made just months prior, in 2008 and 2009 respectively, I don't like the gay activists' chances in Maryland, which has a population makeup similar to that of NC.

Why don't you ask the gay "marriage" supporters there, if those polls are going to hold up in six months. Can you say 0-34? I knew that you could!!!

Edit - To make my point about marriage amendments passing 5-7 points higher than the polls suggest, A PPP poll, taken at the end of April, said that people supported NC's Amendment 1 by a margin of 55-41. The actual margin by which it passed: 61-39.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:34 AM »
Jindal On Obama’s Experience: He ‘Never Ran a Lemonade Stand’
abc ^ | 5/16/2012 | By Arlette Saenz
Posted on May 16, 2012 6:33:13 AM EDT by tobyhill

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal criticized President Obama‘s experience before he became president in an interview Tuesday, and defended Mitt Romney, who has recently come under attack by Obama’s campaign for his record at Bain Capital.

“President Obama hasn’t run anything before he was elected President of the United States. Never ran a state, never ran a business, never ran a lemonade stand. This job’s too important for on the job training,” Jindal said during an interview on FOX News’ “America’s Newsroom” Tuesday.

Jindal contrasted Romney’s experience with Obama’s record, arguing that, “In contrast, Mitt Romney’s been a successful governor, a successful businessman. He’s got the executive experience.”

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2012, 03:45:52 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   GOP Club
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Mitt Romney's Poll Surge Might Be Bigger Than It Looks
US News and World Report ^ | May 15, 2012 | Peter Roff, contributing editor
Posted on May 16, 2012 12:49:54 AM EDT by 2ndDivisionVet

The latest CBS News/New York Times poll shows President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a dead heat in the race for the White House.

Given that Obama has had a relatively good week and Romney something of a bad one, this poll is a real shocker. Asked for whom they would vote were the election held today, 46 percent of the nearly 600 registered voters surveyed said Romney while 43 percent said Obama. Given that the error margin is plus or minus four points, it looks like the race is all tied up.

Actually, Romney may be in better shape than the poll suggests. The same survey conducted in April showed each man with 46 percent of the vote while the polls from March and February showed the president ahead.

What is particularly interesting is this is a poll of registered voters, meaning it's a survey representing the entire universe of those who may cast ballots in the upcoming election. Thanks to things like "motor voter," there are far more Democrats in the pool of registered voters than Republicans and, unlike surveys of so-called "likely voters," many of them may not bother to vote. It is not too much of an inference, therefore, to think that Obama may be losing the country—and that's because he has failed to get a handle on the nation's economic troubles.

Unemployment is down from where it had been under Obama, to 8.1 percent, but that's not because the economy is creating jobs. It's because, as this simple analysis shows, large numbers of people have simply stopped looking for work. "In April," wrote Tyler Durden on Zerohedge.com, "the number of people not in the labor force rose by a whopping 522,000 from 87,897,000 to 88,419,000," which he says is the highest number ever recorded. The labor force participation rate, meaning the people who are working or looking for work, is now at 64.3 percent, a 30-year low.

With numbers like that, with Obama having wiped out 30 years of job creation under presidents of both parties, is it any surprise that 62 percent of respondents in the CBS News/New York Times poll "cited the economy as the most important issue in the presidential election"?

"Concern over the budget deficit ranked a distant second at 11 percent, followed by health care at 9 percent. Seven percent picked same-sex marriage, 4 percent cited foreign policy and 2 percent chose immigration," according to an analysis of the numbers conducted by CBS.

The response of the White House and Obama's campaign to the numbers has been to attack the way the survey was conducted—which is really their only choice since they can't dispute what the numbers say. The president's deputy campaign manager, Stephanie Cutler, told NBC's Chuck Todd, "We can't put the methodology of that poll aside, because the methodology was significantly biased." When pressed, Cutler called the sample "biased."

Maybe so, but that doesn't get around the fact that 67 percent of respondents—remember these are registered voters, not likely voters—rated the condition of the national economy as either "fairly bad" or "very bad." And 63 percent said they thought things would stay the same or get worse.

Equally disturbing for the White House, and perhaps the reason why the Obama campaign, its political allies, and its friends in the media have suddenly unleashed the attack squad against the former governor, is that this same poll found Romney leading among independents, among men and among women, 46 percent to 44 percent for the president—still within the margin of error but an indication that any bounce the Democrats might have gotten over accusations the GOP was engaged in a "war on women" has dissipated.

Team Obama needs a new strategy. It doesn't take a college degree to figure out that just about the only thing left is to try and make Romney radioactive, which means a nasty and negative summer is in the offing. It will be interesting to see if the same journalists and Washington "deep thinkers" who call out the Republicans every time they say something uncomplimentary will be as hard on the Democrats as they "go nuclear" on Romney.