Author Topic: Obama vs Romney  (Read 70546 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Obama vs Romney
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2012, 05:02:53 AM »
and you got that I feel that one side is inferior?

so does that mean you feel that ppl who dont believe in gay marriage are inferior to you then?

or are they just differences in opinion?

a difference of opinion doesnt mean the other side is inferior, is that something liberals believe?
If you want to claim that you're an American, and that you believe in freedom, then, yes, you know they have the same rights.

No two ways about it.

Do you hate freedom?

G

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2012, 06:11:24 AM »
If you want to claim that you're an American, and that you believe in freedom, then, yes, you know they have the same rights.

No two ways about it.

Do you hate freedom?
they do have the same rights, they are free to marry any person of the opposite sex just as I am.

I find it hillarious that you toe the liberal line about opposing views being based in hate and ignorance.

Anytime someone disagrees with you they are racist, homophobic, bible clinging hate mongers...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2012, 06:14:39 AM »
they do have the same rights, they are free to marry any person of the opposite sex just as I am.

I find it hillarious that you toe the liberal line about opposing views being based in hate and ignorance.

Anytime someone disagrees with you they are racist, homophobic, bible clinging hate mongers...

The funny thing is that libs typically never debate the merits of an issue but merely call names and seek to shut down debate after they call their little names. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »

The funny thing is that libs typically never debate the merits of an issue but merely call names and seek to shut down debate after they call their little names. 

And, they always love democracy, until they LOSE as a result of it (i.e. the 32 times they've been dropped on this gay "marriage" stuff).

The Supreme Court says that there's no constitutional violation by defining marriage as one man and one woman. The people vote and make their voices loud and clear. Yes, whiners like Garebear go through their usual tirade.

The Wisconsin libs are doing the same thing. Democracy was great ("Tell me what democracy looks like.....THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!"). But, now that the DNC won't give them any money, to watch Barrett lost to Walker AGAIN, they're blubbering like kindergarten kids, deprived of their graham crackers and milk.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »
Walker is going to win in a landslide.  How dare he try to reign in spending! 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2012, 10:00:01 PM »
And, they always love democracy, until they LOSE as a result of it (i.e. the 32 times they've been dropped on this gay "marriage" stuff).

The Supreme Court says that there's no constitutional violation by defining marriage as one man and one woman. The people vote and make their voices loud and clear. Yes, whiners like Garebear go through their usual tirade.

The Wisconsin libs are doing the same thing. Democracy was great ("Tell me what democracy looks like.....THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!"). But, now that the DNC won't give them any money, to watch Barrett lost to Walker AGAIN, they're blubbering like kindergarten kids, deprived of their graham crackers and milk.
So, by your definition, we should still have Jim Crow laws in the south and interracial marriage should be illegal.
G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2012, 06:47:24 AM »

Wow just wow you just made yourself the BIGGEST Liberal on this board then

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »
Pro-Obama super PAC fund-raising lags behind rival
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) - The super PAC supporting President Barack Obama's re-election reported raising just under $1.6 million in April, well below the amount raised by the group supporting Obama's rival Mitt Romney.

Priorities USA Action also reported having $4.7 million cash on hand at the end of April, slightly more than half of the amount in Restore Our Future's war chest. Restore Our Future is supporting Romney's bid for the White House. Both groups recently filed April fund-raising numbers with the Federal Election Commission.

Labor groups donated big to the pro-Obama group in April. The largest contribution came from the National Air Traffic Controllers Association, which gave the organization $1 million. Other groups putting money into Priorities included the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices, a group affiliated with the plumbing industry, and the National Association of Social Workers.

In total, Priorities spent about $1.9 million in April, about a million dollars less than Restore Our Future spent last month.

In February, the president's re-election campaign announced it would urge donors to contribute to Priorities USA. The move represented a reversal of Obama's position on the third-party spending giants, which were made increasingly possible by the 2010 U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the Citizens United case.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/21/pro-obama-super-pac-fund-raising-lags-behind-rival/

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2012, 03:06:37 PM »
Who are the polls favoring as of now?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
Failed War on Women: Romney Now Leads Obama Among Married Women by 17 Points
Jammie Wearing Fools ^ | May 22, 2012 | Jammie
Posted on May 22, 2012 2:33:48 PM EDT by Free ThinkerNY

Just a statistical blip, I guess. Of 21 points.

On several measures, the presumptive Republican nominee is gaining ground on President Obama even as the president has slipped in some areas, according to a new ABC News-Washington Post poll out today.

Which candidate better understands the economic problems of average Americans?

Back in February Obama led Romney on that question by 17 percentage points. But the former Massachusetts governor has managed to cut the president’s advantage roughly in half — down to an 8 point gap.

And who’s more to blame for the tough economy — President George W. Bush or President Obama?

By a 49 to 34 percent margin more Americans still say Bush, but that 15 point divide has narrowed since January when it stood at 25 points.

(Excerpt) Read more at jammiewf.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »
Failed War on Women: Romney Now Leads Obama Among Married Women by 17 Points
Jammie Wearing Fools ^ | May 22, 2012 | Jammie

Link to the poll they used?   I couldn't find "Jamming Wearing Fools" on Rasmussen or Gallup - thanks!

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2012, 05:16:35 AM »
Link to the poll they used?   I couldn't find "Jamming Wearing Fools" on Rasmussen or Gallup - thanks!
I think he has copy and paste fatigue.

G

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2012, 11:27:47 AM »
2000 DEM VP NOMINEE NOT SUPPORTING OBAMA
Lieberman tells Hannity he could see voting for Romney

WASHINGTON – Joe Lieberman, the 2000 Democratic vice presidential nominee with Al Gore, says he is not supporting Barack Obama for re-election, though he is undecided about how he will vote in November.

Lieberman, now an independent senator from Connecticut, made the statement on Sean Hannity’s nationally syndicated radio show today.

The interview has been posted on Hannity’s website.

“I’m happy not to be involved in electoral politics this year,” he said.

Asked if would vote, Lieberman said he will go to the polls and, like many other Americans, make a final decision closer to the election.

Lieberman lost a primary bid in 2006 to retain his Senate seat, but ran successfully as an independent. He continues to caucus with Senate Democrats.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/2000-dem-vp-nominee-not-supporting-obama/?cat_orig=politics

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
 :). Obama has dragged the dems over the cliff and they refuse to see it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »
2000 DEM VP NOMINEE NOT SUPPORTING OBAMA
Lieberman tells Hannity he could see voting for Romney

WASHINGTON – Joe Lieberman, the 2000 Democratic vice presidential nominee with Al Gore, says he is not supporting Barack Obama for re-election, though he is undecided about how he will vote in November.

Lieberman, now an independent senator from Connecticut, made the statement on Sean Hannity’s nationally syndicated radio show today.

The interview has been posted on Hannity’s website.

“I’m happy not to be involved in electoral politics this year,” he said.

Asked if would vote, Lieberman said he will go to the polls and, like many other Americans, make a final decision closer to the election.

Lieberman lost a primary bid in 2006 to retain his Senate seat, but ran successfully as an independent. He continues to caucus with Senate Democrats.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/2000-dem-vp-nominee-not-supporting-obama/?cat_orig=politics

how is this news?  Lieberman endorsed mccain on 2008.  Everyone acting surprised?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
Hecklers Mar Romney Visit to Inner-City Charter School in Phila. ("get out" of black neighborhood
The Washington Post ^ | Thursday, May 24, 2012 | Philip Rucker
Posted on May 27, 2012 11:42:37 AM EDT by kristinn

When Mitt Romney came to an inner-city charter school here Thursday to promote his new education agenda, he received something of a history lecture about the persecution of blacks in America and the struggles of African American children to meet the academic achievements of their white counterparts.

Seeking to broaden his appeal heading into the general election, Romney was venturing for his first time in this campaign into an impoverished black neighborhood to hear the concerns of local educators and community leaders. But here in the streets of West Philadelphia, the emotion surrounding his contest with the nation’s first black president was raw, as dozens of neighborhood residents shouted, “Get out, Romney, get out!”

SNIP

Outside, meanwhile, some brick row houses across from the school were boarded up. Police had cordoned off a full city block to protect Romney and his entourage. Residents, some of them organized by Obama’s campaign, stood on their porches and gathered at a sidewalk corner to shout angrily at Romney. Some held signs saying, “We are the 99%.” One man’s placard trumpeted an often-referenced Romney gaffe: “I am not concerned about the very poor.”

Madaline G. Dunn, 78, who said she has lived here for 50 years and volunteers at the school, said she is “personally offended” that Romney would visit her neighborhood.

“It’s not appreciated here,” she said. “It is absolutely denigrating for him to come in here and speak his garbage.”

SNIP

When he visited a classroom where the kids in the elementary school choir were standing, swaying and clapping to the beat of Kirk Franklin’s “I Smile,” Romney appeared charmed but did not dance with them. Rather, he tapped one of his toes slightly and bobbed his head, but did not catch the rhythm..

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Fng brainwashed morons.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »
Hecklers Mar Romney Visit to Inner-City Charter School in Phila. ("get out" of black neighborhood

When Mitt Romney came to an inner-city charter school here Thursday to promote his new education agenda, he received something of a history lecture about the persecution of blacks in America and the struggles of African American children to meet the academic achievements of their white counterparts.

Seeking to broaden his appeal heading into the general election, Romney was venturing for his first time in this campaign into an impoverished black neighborhood to hear the concerns of local educators and community leaders. But here in the streets of West Philadelphia, the emotion surrounding his contest with the nation’s first black president was raw, as dozens of neighborhood residents shouted, “Get out, Romney, get out!”

SNIP

Outside, meanwhile, some brick row houses across from the school were boarded up. Police had cordoned off a full city block to protect Romney and his entourage. Residents, some of them organized by Obama’s campaign, stood on their porches and gathered at a sidewalk corner to shout angrily at Romney. Some held signs saying, “We are the 99%.” One man’s placard trumpeted an often-referenced Romney gaffe: “I am not concerned about the very poor.”

Madaline G. Dunn, 78, who said she has lived here for 50 years and volunteers at the school, said she is “personally offended” that Romney would visit her neighborhood.

“It’s not appreciated here,” she said. “It is absolutely denigrating for him to come in here and speak his garbage.”

SNIP

When he visited a classroom where the kids in the elementary school choir were standing, swaying and clapping to the beat of Kirk Franklin’s “I Smile,” Romney appeared charmed but did not dance with them. Rather, he tapped one of his toes slightly and bobbed his head, but did not catch the rhythm..

Fng brainwashed morons.

Useful hypnotized idiots.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2012, 06:06:34 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Veterans Give Romney Big Lead Over Obama (58% to 34%)
Gallup ^ | 05/27/2012 | Frank Newport
Posted on May 28, 2012 9:57:30 AM EDT by SeekAndFind

PRINCETON, NJ -- U.S. veterans, about 13% of the adult population and consisting mostly of older men, support Mitt Romney over Barack Obama for president by 58% to 34%, while nonveterans give Obama a four-percentage-point edge.

These data, from an analysis of Gallup Daily tracking interviews conducted April 11-May 24, show that 24% of all adult men are veterans, compared with 2% of adult women.

Obama and Romney are tied overall at 46% apiece among all registered voters in this sample. Men give Romney an eight-point edge, while women opt for Obama over Romney by seven points. It turns out that the male skew for Romney is driven almost entirely by veterans. Romney leads by one point among nonveteran men, contrasted with the 28-point edge Romney receives among male veterans.

The small percentage of female veterans in the U.S., in contrast to their male counterparts, do not differ significantly in their presidential vote choice from the vast majority of women who are not veterans.

The proportion of U.S. men who are armed forces veterans rises dramatically among those who are 60 and older. The military draft was in force in the U.S. from shortly before the U.S. entry into World War II until the early 1970s. A majority of men now 70 to 89 served in the military, including almost three-quarters of those aged 80 to 89. Less than a fifth of men younger than 50 have served in the military. There is little variation in military service among women across these age groups.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »
PRINCETON, NJ -- U.S. veterans, about 13% of the adult population and consisting mostly of older men, support Mitt Romney over Barack Obama for president by 58% to 34%, while nonveterans give Obama a four-percentage-point edge.

too bad only 13% of the population are veterans.  Given a higher number, we'd have two vets running every time. 

Buncha schoolgirl draft dodgers been in office for the last 30 years.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2012, 07:11:44 PM »
So, by your definition, we should still have Jim Crow laws in the south and interracial marriage should be illegal.

The definition of marriage is one man and one woman. Interracial marriage, consisting of a MAN of one race and a WOMAN of another doesn't violate that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
too bad only 13% of the population are veterans.  Given a higher number, we'd have two vets running every time. 

Buncha schoolgirl draft dodgers been in office for the last 30 years.
I personally feel that if every politican had to serve a term in the military in a combat MOS, things would be a lot better. Or a helluva lot worse. Lulz.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »

SNIP

SNIP

Fng brainwashed morons.

Let me get this straight: Romney visit an inner-city school to talk with black people, we have a handful of black buffoons chanting for him to get out.

Obama won't come anywhere NEAR an inner-city school (or an inner-city anything); yet, these morons would vote for him anyway.

Well, I look at it this way. If Romney can get about 7-10% of the black vote on his side, Obama is going to get destroyed. While I wouldn't waste any major time or money on the black electorate, if Romney can pick off some black people who actually have some sense, he's on his way to taking Obama to the woodshed and whipping his "Hope-and-Change" backside, until it glows in the dark.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
Let me get this straight: Romney visit an inner-city school to talk with black people, we have a handful of black buffoons chanting for him to get out.

Obama won't come anywhere NEAR an inner-city school (or an inner-city anything); yet, these morons would vote for him anyway.

Well, I look at it this way. If Romney can get about 7-10% of the black vote on his side, Obama is going to get destroyed. While I wouldn't waste any major time or money on the black electorate, if Romney can pick off some black people who actually have some sense, he's on his way to taking Obama to the woodshed and whipping his "Hope-and-Change" backside, until it glows in the dark.
Que Benny calling you an uncle tom, or something equally retarded.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/80235712-a8b7-11e1-a747-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1wE4BKPSS

The reckoning is coming.   Even Ft knows Ghettobama is going down.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2012, 09:40:04 PM »
I personally feel that if every politican had to serve a term in the military in a combat MOS, things would be a lot better. Or a helluva lot worse. Lulz.

how many GOP 2012ers served?   I think Newt dodged, Romney was a missionary, Cain I dont think served?  huntmann, bachman, no.

Was Ron paul the only man on that stage who served?   And was he the only one saying hte US war machine needs to come home and protect our borders and stop losing our brave soldiers over oil?  etc etc     

The only man who served was the one who wasn't the chickenhawk saying "bomb bomb iran..."