Author Topic: Problems with the Milos Workout  (Read 20347 times)

Fletch

• Getbig II
  • You must be very proud of yourself
Re: Problems with the Milos Workout
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2007, 05:00:47 AM »
People that try the Milos workout for the first time always comment on how sore they were.  No Shit.  If I tried to run a 26 mile marathon I'm pretty sure my legs will be killing me for weeks.  That doesn't mean that I am growing and will be Mr. Olympia one day.

The major problem with the Milos method is that the body will get used to that workout and you will be working nothing more than your cardiovascular system.  I'm pretty sure if I trained for a marathon that after a couple weeks the soreness in my legs would go away as well.

The only benefit from the Milos program is to break-up a mundane routine that has grown stagnant.  Nothing wrong with working out with pyramid sets, drop set or straight sets for a few months then throwing in a week of the Milos method.  Doing his method all the time is not going to entice growth.  If it did he would have won more than one show out of the 175 he competed in.

It is especially funny seeing who is commenting on this method.  So far there are two asians and one female.  Basically people of smaller stature, small bone structures and the inability to grow muscularly as males of other cultures.

Giant sets, super sets, whatever you want to call it.  Pounding out 10 curls with 5 lb dumbells, the 10 pound preachers plus 2.5 pound concentration curls is not going to turn you into the hulk.  You will simply activate the Type I ( Slow Twitch muscle fibers ) and increase endurance but that's about it.

If I'm going to pay for some cheesy trainer, I'd rather do squats on a swiss ball.  HARDCORE!

Look at yourself in the mirror and then look at milos....and then STFU.

you dont have a leg to stand on. he is a champion-paid to be a BB, and owns a gym. .... and you?

you pay to use someones gym. ... so again, STFU
Put it on the Underhills