Author Topic: THE WAR RAGES ON!!! ARNOLD VS. SERGIO!!!  (Read 5018 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
THE WAR RAGES ON!!! ARNOLD VS. SERGIO!!!
« on: February 27, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »
From my personal collection...

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: THE WAR RAGES ON!!! ARNOLD VS. SERGIO!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
Wicked to see all the detail!
just push some weight!

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 06:11:24 PM »
I say they are about equal. Each had a few attributes that were better than the other but all in all it was a tie.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »
It's unfortunate that most of the 1969 pics are of them relaxed.

It will always be a tie; who was better comes down to personal taste.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
We all know how Arnold looks now day. Wonder what Sergio looks like. Still holding anywhere near his younger day muscle mass? Sorry to say, Arnold looks like he has some muscle wasting disease, by some of his pictures a few years back. (Zane looks like a fitness instructor)

A  muscle photo should be when their relaxed. Can get a better idea of true muscle development. Poses can hide a lot of flaws.
F

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 07:26:28 PM »
clearly both are legends. To me the pysiques come out equal but Arnold did more for bodybuilding so he is supreme.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
Sergio, greatest raw potential of all time. Arnie MADE  BBing mainstream.
I'd like to see a pic of Kim Cizenskey's (sp?) legs in her best condition, next to Arnold's, and corrected for size. Just to compare.
No wheels back then.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 06:01:26 AM »
Sergio, greatest raw potential of all time. Arnie MADE  BBing mainstream.
I'd like to see a pic of Kim Cizenskey's (sp?) legs in her best condition, next to Arnold's, and corrected for size. Just to compare.
No wheels back then.

I'd like to see Trab's legs, next to Arnold's, and corrected for size. Just to compare.
No wheels on Trab - period!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 05:33:49 PM »
Im no pro BBer!!!
Or even The Gov. of  Kali for that matter!!
Sergio knew the politics of the situation. (Sergio knew politics well-Cuba- Defect @ Pan Am games)
My wheels are about a click above Tour de France material bulKwise ;).

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 01:20:14 AM »
Trab, you contradicted yourself there. No point to compare a woman BBer in the age of freaky legs, to a male BBer in the age of freaky upper bodies with legs being second. It's an unfair comparison to Arnold.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 06:02:06 AM »
We all know how Arnold looks now day. Wonder what Sergio looks like. Still holding anywhere near his younger day muscle mass? Sorry to say, Arnold looks like he has some muscle wasting disease, by some of his pictures a few years back. (Zane looks like a fitness instructor)

A  muscle photo should be when their relaxed. Can get a better idea of true muscle development. Poses can hide a lot of flaws.

JPM that fucker Sergio is still 220+ in his early 60s!!
here is a pic of him from 7-8 years ago
X

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »

yeah but thats what arnold wanted. an element of surprise when he did the pose, he didnt want to look big just as standing there, like lets say franco, when franco hits a pose nothing happens.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »
like lets say franco, when franco hits a pose nothing happens.

Really?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »
In the old time days (1940's & '50/60's) the original AAU Mr. America contest had some  judging outdoors (daylight) and as well as under the stage posing lights (of course). Wanted to get a better impression  of a BB'er in natural and stage lighting. A complete muscle relaxed position, while in the lineup, was also required under both conditions. Both the natural light and muscles relaxed can give a better judgment of any physical flaws there may be. Some guy's are just born with better skin tone and can look outstanding in any sort of lighting (why the heavy tan or body makeup applied so much). But when relaxed and unflexed a better picture of the body's overall condition can be noted.

Side Bar: back in those old days of the Mr America, the contestants also had to do a few athletic move. Usually one of the Olympic lifts. They also had a sit down interview. About how they would represent the MR America title if they won it that year. Also about their speaking abilities and how they handled themselves. (rumor had it that the reason the Harold Poole lose the title was of his stutter..true or not, I don't know) 

F