Author Topic: Sergio Oliva - 1971 NABBA Mr Universe  (Read 27806 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Sergio Oliva - 1971 NABBA Mr Universe
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 08:26:18 AM »

These are my favourites. His shoulders and arms look ridiculous. When you watch the footage, Sergio looks frightening at times with some of the poses he pulls off. No wonder bodybuilders were scared to death of him.

SERGIO!!!!

look at those fucking pics..the second of those pics is the most insane bodybuilding pic i ever seen.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »
I really wish those screen shots were clearer or that we could see some better photos from that contest.  In any event, thanks for posting them.

Chris
w

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 05:33:17 AM »
Thanks rules, those pics are priceless!
X

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 04:16:12 PM »
Someone started an Ironage thread linked to this one.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »
WOW. Sergio's no where near his best and yet he DESTROYS Bill Pearl. What a bad decision. I wonder if that story about Sergio being rude to some kid and his dad (and the dad talking to the judges) really did screw him? Or was it his race?

You are 100% right my friend. After seeing these pics. How the hell did Pearl win this contest? Is it because it was his last contest? Something smells a little fishy. Sergio had better Delts, Chest, Legs, better taper, Back, Calfs, Arms. His physique looked better overall. And to think, in the article that was posted about this contest a few months ago. After reading that article and seeing these pics. That writer sounds like a total idiot. What contest was he looking at. Sergio clearly was conditioned enough to win this contest easily. Just look at his abs and quads in this shot. Clearly seperated and ripped. The contest result was a joke. Sergio got robbed big time.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 01:08:08 AM »
Sergio is the greatest bodybuilder ever...
but...
In this contest, his abs are really problematic, also I didn't like his smooth legs.
Shoulders, arms are enormous big, but even they don't have so much definition.
Physically Sergio is much better than Bill Pearl, but Sergio really didn't have the condition of a Mr. Universe winner, and you all know, in those days, conditioning was really very important.
Until I had seen these pics, I always thought contest was fixed and Sergio was robbed, but frankly, in this pics I can see that, Sergio is responsible for the bitter out come.
Even with all his genetic gifts, he shouldn't leave this contest to chance, he should be ripped ready for the show...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 05:55:28 AM »
very hard to tell from those pics, but it does look like sergio's condition was off.

also, he obviously spent a lot of time pumping his arms and delts pre posing and sqeezed blood in them during posing, but the effect diluted what little definition he had there and created a disproportionate amount of bloated flesh in these areas at the expense of his back and lower body.

if he wasn't carrying so much water he may have pulled it off, but it is plain to see (from other pics from the contest) that pearl had the greater balance and condition.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 08:39:50 AM »

if he wasn't carrying so much water he may have pulled it off, but it is plain to see (from other pics from the contest) that pearl had the greater balance and condition.

His demonstrated bias for white bodybuilders continues at every turn. Pearl's in the same condition if not worse, very smooth in fact. Dishonest not to mention that while discussing only Oliva's condition-that degree (or lack) of conditioning was common then.

Pearl completely out-muscled by Oliva-puny undefined thighs, far smaller arms & dramatically less lat width to go with a wider waist (thus far less taper) to go with a lack of definition. Pearl's only chance to win had to be based on better aesthetics, better muscle tie-ins and arguably better balance, based on the lack of outrageous size anywhere. He lost in a lot of categories, making the outcome very very questionable.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 01:32:07 PM »
Sergio looks awesome in those pics.... good find

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 06:22:26 PM »
His demonstrated bias for white bodybuilders continues at every turn. Pearl's in the same condition if not worse, very smooth in fact. Dishonest not to mention that while discussing only Oliva's condition-that degree (or lack) of conditioning was common then.

Pearl completely out-muscled by Oliva-puny undefined thighs, far smaller arms & dramatically less lat width to go with a wider waist (thus far less taper) to go with a lack of definition. Pearl's only chance to win had to be based on better aesthetics, better muscle tie-ins and arguably better balance, based on the lack of outrageous size anywhere. He lost in a lot of categories, making the outcome very very questionable.

why does it always turn into a racial thing when someone doesn't agree with you?

why don't you mention anything when i give my opinion that haney and ronnie dominated their respective eras?

i call it as i see it and i gave an explanation as to why i think sergio lost that one.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 07:34:25 PM »
why does it always turn into a racial thing when someone doesn't agree with you?

He always goes with the white guy, then out come the weak excuses that never stand up.;)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 07:55:50 PM »
He always goes with the white guy, then out come the weak excuses that never stand up.;)

funny how you're the one going on about 'white' and 'black' every chance you get, but i'm the racist. ::)

ok, carry on, but you're going to have to troll with yourself now pumpy. the history section is not the place. 8)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »
Unable to refute anything.

Pearl was so smooth you could skate on him.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 08:02:36 AM »
Sergio..

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 05:10:23 PM »
just push some weight!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 08:31:50 AM »
solomon ravoposi was the best ironager

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2007, 06:37:26 PM »
WOW. Sergio's no where near his best and yet he DESTROYS Bill Pearl. What a bad decision. I wonder if that story about Sergio being rude to some kid and his dad (and the dad talking to the judges) really did screw him? Or was it his race?

Arthur Jones who was at that contest said he had inside knowledge that contest was 100% fixed by Oscar Heidenstien or whatever his name was. He also said tht Heidenstien was a schmoe.
The House that Ruth built

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 07:12:38 AM »
Arthur Jones who was at that contest said he had inside knowledge that contest was 100% fixed by Oscar Heidenstien or whatever his name was. He also said tht Heidenstien was a schmoe.

its heidenstam...and yes he was HOMO. who prayed on bodybuilders.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »
its heidenstam...and yes he was HOMO. who prayed on bodybuilders.

Get rid of drugs and schmoes and bodybuilding and lifting/ strength sports would be the coolest.
The House that Ruth built