Author Topic: Impeccable Logic by John Meadows re protein synthesis.  (Read 12384 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: John Meadows is a moron
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
Feel free to jump on Elitefts.com and challenge him on this.

Did you bother to read the study cited in the article?  Don't bother answering, it's obvious you didn't

x2

Certainly looks like the picture of health here

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 10:46:44 PM »
Lol @ Meadows

Did he even attend college? Or is he just another slow-talking-fake-intellectual like Kai?
The latter would seem probable, as a 40+ old dude on gear worries about the health effects of grass fed beef vs ordinary when he's juicing his brains out.  ::)

He strikes me as a typical lying moron. He cleverly stuck to posting the abstract of the article in order to increase the credibility of his claims. This is typical ad hoc reasoning, he posts what he find supports his vision, not the things contradicting him. Unless he's an MD or have a degree in biochemistry he should shut his juicing trap and stick to his "grass fed" ramblings. Hope that grass fed beef and coconut oil keeps his liver and kidneys safe.

For any non-illiterate here who managed to get through high school, here is the actual study.

HTH

bentone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 10:55:35 PM »
Deceiver is a fucking dipshit. John Meadows is one of the smartest and most thoughtful guys in the business. Chalk this thread up to another knowing nothing fucktard trying to sounds intelligent.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 11:11:47 PM »
Lol @ Meadows

Did he even attend college? Or is he just another slow-talking-fake-intellectual like Kai?
The latter would seem probable, as a 40+ old dude on gear worries about the health effects of grass fed beef vs ordinary when he's juicing his brains out.  ::)

He strikes me as a typical lying moron. He cleverly stuck to posting the abstract of the article in order to increase the credibility of his claims. This is typical ad hoc reasoning, he posts what he find supports his vision, not the things contradicting him. Unless he's an MD or have a degree in biochemistry he should shut his juicing trap and stick to his "grass fed" ramblings. Hope that grass fed beef and coconut oil keeps his liver and kidneys safe.

For any non-illiterate here who managed to get through high school, here is the actual study.

HTH

well, he does consult with Eric Serrano often. so it' snot like he's just coming up with hairbrained ideas and not 'fact-checking' them.

he does what every other 'scientist', or at least any other intelligent person, would do... identify a problem or question.. explore options.. form a hypothesis.. test the hypothesis... get opinions.. make adjustments.. repeat over and over and see if you can replicate the results (not just in yourself, but in others).. ect ect ect...

he's not just a fella who just says "oh.. well I think if 3 of this is good, lets do 7, and add 4 of that, and 3 of the other" without rhyme or reason.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »
Lol @ Meadows

HTH

he's a life member of MENSA
T

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »
he does what every other 'scientist', or at least any other intelligent person, would do... identify a problem or question.. explore options.. form a hypothesis.. test the hypothesis... get opinions.. make adjustments.. repeat over and over and see if you can replicate the results (not just in yourself, but in others).. ect ect ect...

LMAO, hilarious description of "science"... oh brother

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 11:30:30 PM »
LOL@ all of the credentialed geniuses on here calling Meadows out...hahaha. 

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 11:36:07 PM »
LMAO, hilarious description of "science"... oh brother

ok, genius... feel free to Google "scientific method"

copy and paste it here for all to see. I'm too busy at the moment, else I'd do it for you.

you should just leave trolling to the elderly.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »
ok, genius... feel free to Google "scientific method"

copy and paste it here for all to see. I'm too busy at the moment, else I'd do it for you.

you should just leave trolling to the elderly.

Dude, it's simple. Call him out on elite. He's not hard to get a hold of. Email him.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 11:49:45 PM »
LOL@ all of the credentialed geniuses on here calling Meadows out...hahaha. 

You do realise that claims deduced from scientific material needs to be backed up by evidence?

I get that you're not holding on to a university degree, but you do have to realise that in the real world, outside of your beloved beddybelding world, people can't just make up claims based on heuristics and call it facts. A coach/trainer/whatever in this industry holds little to no scientific credibility in the real world, especially when they cannot support their claim with evidence.
People are so gullible in the bodybuilding industry it boggles my mind. Some "guru" rambles, cites a journal and calls it a day. The gullible morons who then wants to pack on mass and pretend they understood the context then takes the ramblings as truths, instead of actually reading up on the subject and creating their own opinion.
If some pseudointellectual would have made similar claims in any other science they would have been laughed off and ridiculed, but in this industry heuristics and ramblings have apparently more credibility than scientific research.  

Compare ramblings in training/meidicine/dieting vs ramblings in physics, in one you are apparently "entitled" to an opinion, in the other you are not. Medicine and biochemistry should be treated in the same manner as any other serious science in this industry.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" as Carl Sagan so eloquently put it.

P.S. I'm aware of the meltdown alert.  :-*

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »
Although, I wouldn't go as far as calling him a moron. He does provide useful information and has a lot of experience in the field of training. He has helped a lot of people during his career, which is commendable.

I just think that this "article" he wrote was a bit over his head.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2014, 01:58:52 AM »
Meadows is prob my favorite writer/coach in the industry. This article is not his best work. Dude is great.

He was the same guy Bostin was using prior to Palumbo?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 02:12:44 AM »
You do realise that claims deduced from scientific material needs to be backed up by evidence?

I get that you're not holding on to a university degree, but you do have to realise that in the real world, outside of your beloved beddybelding world, people can't just make up claims based on heuristics and call it facts. A coach/trainer/whatever in this industry holds little to no scientific credibility in the real world, especially when they cannot support their claim with evidence.
People are so gullible in the bodybuilding industry it boggles my mind. Some "guru" rambles, cites a journal and calls it a day. The gullible morons who then wants to pack on mass and pretend they understood the context then takes the ramblings as truths, instead of actually reading up on the subject and creating their own opinion.
If some pseudointellectual would have made similar claims in any other science they would have been laughed off and ridiculed, but in this industry heuristics and ramblings have apparently more credibility than scientific research.  

Compare ramblings in training/meidicine/dieting vs ramblings in physics, in one you are apparently "entitled" to an opinion, in the other you are not. Medicine and biochemistry should be treated in the same manner as any other serious science in this industry.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" as Carl Sagan so eloquently put it.

P.S. I'm aware of the meltdown alert.  :-*

This.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:34 AM »
Dude, it's simple. Call him out on elite. He's not hard to get a hold of. Email him.
He posts on PM and MD also , very helpful and answers questions with easy to understand rhetoric

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 02:24:27 AM »
"elite"fts  ::)

Wearing beanies in summer, high bloodpressure, and sumo stance shallow squats.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 02:24:32 AM »
I see Meadows in a similar mould to guys like Palumbo, Poliquin and Thibaudeau.
If you're a paying customer, you probably will get some great assistance and advice from them.
However, the stuff they provide for free is often questionable at best and they will pimp themselves out to any shitty supplement brand.
Meadow, like the others, would probably tell you that the Sun revolves around the Earth if you paid him enough to do so. :D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 02:26:41 AM »

The described bastardization of "science" is currently all the rage in the annals of "Climate" ( ::) ) "Scientists" (oh brother) and frankly any other place where public policy is "informed" by "science".

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 04:52:20 AM »
Lol @ Meadows

HTH

So when one takes steroids, they should make no effort to try and do everything else as healthy as possible? It's all about damage control, and Meadows is the master when it comes to safety on steroids. You'd be surprised how much better your bloodwork will look on steroids when you eat and supplement completely healthy, compared to eating junk on steroids. I would know.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 06:02:53 AM »
I see Meadows in a similar mould to guys like Palumbo, Poliquin and Thibaudeau.
If you're a paying customer, you probably will get some great assistance and advice from them.
However, the stuff they provide for free is often questionable at best and they will pimp themselves out to any shitty supplement brand.
Meadow, like the others, would probably tell you that the Sun revolves around the Earth if you paid him enough to do so. :D

this
T

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 06:20:33 AM »
"elite"fts  ::)

Wearing beanies in summer, high bloodpressure, and sumo stance shallow squats.

LOL POWER LIFTER POST OF PEACE. Power lifters are just fat guys who realized they would never have the genetics to look decent.

That said, JM is a smart man. I've listened to his radio show forever. He does know what he's talking about. It's more of a real world, trial and error based first hand knowledge. He's not some guy who spouts off about studies constantly.

As for Leucine, its HIGHLY insulinogenic which a lot of people dont realize. Its like consuming pure glucose (actually moreso). So people do IF or fasted cardio yet slam BCAA before they do it. They are spiking insulin and defeating the purpose of the IF or fast which is to keep blood sugar low. When you spike insulin you blunt the release & use of free fatty acids (FFA). So if you were doing fasted AM cardio on GH to maximize FFA release/use (Lipogenesis) you would actually be hurting this process by taking a bunch of BCAA and spiking insulin before it. I see people doing IF or fasted cardio talk about utilizing BCAA before all the time and I just shake my head. This "fear" of going catabolic during fasted cardio is a myth - especially if you are on GH.

JM "Mountain Dog" Diet

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 06:22:56 AM »
So when one takes steroids, they should make no effort to try and do everything else as healthy as possible? It's all about damage control, and Meadows is the master when it comes to safety on steroids. You'd be surprised how much better your bloodwork will look on steroids when you eat and supplement completely healthy, compared to eating junk on steroids. I would know.

Dude, don't you find it pretty ironic that the biggest advocate of "safe" approach to steroids and "healthy" food has body and face deformed by them? Not even mentioning the purple color everywhere.

Is this really a picture of good health to you?

He can spit whatever bullshit out of his mouth but his body DOES NOT LIE.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2014, 06:23:15 AM »
Ive known him for a minute. John knows his shit.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2014, 06:29:18 AM »
Ive known him for a minute. John knows his shit.

No he does not. I know plenty of IFers and:

1. None of them was stuck at any bodyfat.
2. None of them had slowed down metabolism.

On top of that, notion that IF slows down metabolism has been disproven without leaving any shed of doubt by science.

Galeniko and no one from our own forum do their own version of IF. They even fast longer than standard IF protocols suggest. Skinnyfat and small? I don't fucking think so.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2014, 06:30:43 AM »
Is John a pro bb?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2014, 06:35:52 AM »