Author Topic: Clearing up the Zack Khan / Nasser Debate!  (Read 19320 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Clearing up the Zack Khan / Nasser Debate!
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
I like Dorian as much as the next guy but you seriously can't beleive that Dorian won 1994-1997 with half an arm? I agree that pre 1994 Dozer was the man but Ray should have won 1994, Levrone 1995, Nasser 1996 or 97.  Saying that no BB was close after 1994 is just plain stupidity.  No wonder you shop  for cheap furniture  :P

yes dorian had half left arm in 94-96 but in 97 he had no left arm at all!!..

imo the only contest dorian deserved to win after his biceps tear was mr. olympia 1995.. nasser was better than him from the front but dorian's back was out of this world on that day and his front was at his best (aside of his torn biceps).. in other words nasser was better from the front but dorian was much better from the back..

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 03:21:10 PM »

I also said that Dozer was the clear winner pre 1994, does that mean my hangover effects that observation too?

No. It just means that you're partly recovered / sober.

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 03:24:07 PM »
No. It just means that you're partly recovered / sober.

oooh touche! I have to admit that I do not have a response to that, pretty witty for a decendent of criminals there Mr. Newzealander  :-*

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 03:25:58 PM »

oooh touche! I have to admit that I do not have a response to that, pretty witty for a decendent of criminals there Mr. Newzealander  :-*

Thank you for melting down on top of the admission - I'll let you recover be, decendent of apes ;D

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
Thank you for melting down on top of the admission - I'll let you recover be, decendent of apes ;D

Melting down? how?  ???  I think that getbig rule #4,562.1-2-4a stipulates that one cannot be considered to have melted down in a post if they are admitting that another member got them with a witty response.  As for the criminals remark, it could have been worse, I could have said Mr. Australian rather than Mr. Newzealand, and those would have been fighting words  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »
Just got off email with Zack Khan, he cleared the air on delta9mda’s comments that he was apparently making fun of Nasser in Florida and gave some great, unbiased opinions as well.

On the alleged Nasser-jokes he said he saw the thread and “I can say people take words out of context” and “I would never disrespect any pro.”

He also said that he’s a fan of Nasser’s physique and that he has trained with Dorian but thinks that Nasser deserved at least one Mr. Olympia win against Dorian, and that both Kevin Levrone and Flex Wheeler also deserved one Mr. Olympia win.

I asked Nasser what he thought of Zack and he praised him as well, saying it’s difficult to see any flaws in him and that he was much improved over his last appearance. 

So really, anyone who tries to suggest there is anything less than mutual respect between the two is off base.  Also, any “Team Zack Khan” member should keep in mind that the man himself said Nasser, Flex and Kevin all deserved an Olympia win. 

All in all he seemed like a cool dude from his emails, funny and down to earth.  He laughed at the comments on his appearance and said, “I knew I was no Brad Pitt, give a brother some slack!”

Zach's credibility sufferes when he said Levrone & Flex deserved to beat Dorian lol I mean seriously you can bitch and moan about 97 but get serious

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »
Zach's credibility sufferes when he said Levrone & Flex deserved to beat Dorian lol I mean seriously you can bitch and moan about 97 but get serious

His email specifically said that he thinks Nasser deserved to win at least once against Dorian, and that Flex and Levrone deserved to win one Olympia (did not specificy whether Flex and levrone should have won against Dorian or Ronnie).  Didn't get into specifics.  Besides, he's been around Dorian much more than you and is a pro BB so its a stretch to say he lacks credibility on Dorian compared to you or anyone on getbig ;)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 04:18:05 PM »

Maybe he's not a very bright bodybuilduh

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »

Maybe you are just searching for excuses to explain how a bodybuilder who you have constantly been praising and knows Dorian personally disagrees with you on whether or not Dorian deserved to win all of his Mr. O's?  :)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »
Maybe you are just searching for excuses to explain how a bodybuilder who you have constantly been praising and knows Dorian personally disagrees with you on whether or not Dorian deserved to win all of his Mr. O's?  :)

Nah, I'm just trolling. As I've mentioned before like lots of other people have, bodybuilding is subjective and when the outcome of a contest is close, you're going to find there are as many people who disagree with the decision as there are those who accept it. I can see 97 being close, but not the 94 or 95 Olympia.

I'd say Ronnie was a lot closer to losing his title in 2001 than Dorian was in 94. 95 is beyond reasonable debate.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
Nah, I'm just trolling. As I've mentioned before like lots of other people have, bodybuilding is subjective and when the outcome of a contest is close, you're going to find there are as many people who disagree with the decision as there are those who accept it. I can see 97 being close, but not the 94 or 95 Olympia.

I'd say Ronnie was a lot closer to losing his title in 2001 than Dorian was in 94. 95 is beyond reasonable debate.

It's funny, I asked him if I can post his opinion because I wouldn't normally publicly post something that someone sends me in a private message, and he said, "You can quote that but I think the haters will hate"  Various replies in this thread suggest he called it right  :D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »
His email specifically said that he thinks Nasser deserved to win at least once against Dorian, and that Flex and Levrone deserved to win one Olympia (did not specificy whether Flex and levrone should have won against Dorian or Ronnie).  Didn't get into specifics.  Besides, he's been around Dorian much more than you and is a pro BB so its a stretch to say he lacks credibility on Dorian compared to you or anyone on getbig ;)

Oh so Zack is infallible because he's a pro and he's around Dorian more? this is what you're offering up as some sort of half ass validation that Nasser should have won? Dorian was around Dorian more than Zack and Dorian said he crushed Nasser all years and the judges validate that so in your childish game Dorian still wins

Zack may be a pro but he's flat out wrong if he thinks Kevin and Flex should have beaten Dorian any year , you can bitch & moan all you want about 1997 but any other year Dorian won with ease .

And this is assuming that you did email him which is suspect

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 04:36:53 PM »

Hey everyone's entitled to their opinion but his is far from reality , Kevin & Flex  ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 04:39:43 PM »
Maybe you are just searching for excuses to explain how a bodybuilder who you have constantly been praising and knows Dorian personally disagrees with you on whether or not Dorian deserved to win all of his Mr. O's?  :)

He says Dorian shouldn't have won all this titles what does this mean? it means nothing ..he's not a judge and the judges have the final say

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »
Oh so Zack is infallible because he's a pro and he's around Dorian more? this is what you're offering up as some sort of half ass validation that Nasser should have won? Dorian was around Dorian more than Zack and Dorian said he crushed Nasser all years and the judges validate that so in your childish game Dorian still wins

Zack may be a pro but he's flat out wrong if he thinks Kevin and Flex should have beaten Dorian any year , you can bitch & moan all you want about 1997 but any other year Dorian won with ease .

serious question

why is this an issue with you?

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »
serious question

why is this an issue with you?

E

Hey puppy  ;)

Who says it's an issue?  ???

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
Hey puppy  ;)

Who says it's an issue?  ???

it is clearly an issue with you

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2009, 04:46:32 PM »
it is clearly an issue with you

E

Says you , it's not an issue I'm commenting on the subject . He thinks because Zack says Dorian should have lost it's so that's very poor proof especially considering it's far from reality ....Kevin & Flex should have beat Dorian lol I mean this is supposed to be taken seriously?

Kevin & Flex wouldn't utter these words

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
Hey everyone's entitled to their opinion but his is far from reality , Kevin & Flex  ???

I agree. Not even Kevin himself said anything about deserving to win the 95 Mr Olympia, same as Shawn about the 94 (until months after the contest).

If anything, Nasser was saying even back then that he'd have liked to place 2nd instead of Levrone, who he thought should've been 3rd. But no one contested Dorian winning 95 - not the judges nor the pros nor most of the fans.

Dorian won 95 in the same dominant way he won 93 and Ronnie won 1999 or 2003.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »

LOL not like you to normally put words in others' mouths, so it sounds like you are melting a bit ;)  I didn't say his opinion is "infallible" just laughed that you said he "lacked credibility" simply because his opinion differs from yours.  I also already stated that he did not specifically say whether he thinks Wheeler and Levrone deserved to win their title against Dorian or Ronnie, but for Nasser he specifically said he deserved to win against Dorian.  You frequently post opinions of others in the industry to back up your beliefs, so I'm just doing the same here, no need to get all upset about it

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2009, 04:50:46 PM »
Says you , it's not an issue I'm commenting on the subject . He thinks because Zack says Dorian should have lost it's so that's very poor proof especially considering it's far from reality ....Kevin & Flex should have beat Dorian lol I mean this is supposed to be taken seriously?

Kevin & Flex wouldn't utter these words

why do you care that another man said that some of dorian's victories were questionable?

he isn't your favorite bodybuilder, heck you said flex is one of your favorites

just trying to figure out why you care

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2009, 04:54:20 PM »
LOL not like you to normally put words in others' mouths, so it sounds like you are melting a bit ;)  I didn't say his opinion is "infallible" just laughed that you said he "lacked credibility" simply because his opinion differs from yours.  I also already stated that he did not specifically say whether he thinks Wheeler and Levrone deserved to win their title against Dorian or Ronnie, but for Nasser he specifically said he deserved to win against Dorian.  You frequently post opinions of others in the industry to back up your beliefs, so I'm just doing the same here, no need to get all upset about it

Melting  ??? reaching a bit? his opinion lacks credibility because it's differs from reality and far from it not only my opinion. even if he was talking about Flex & Kevin beating Ronnie which is far from reality

You think his admission is some sort by proxy admission from Dorian because of the amount of time he spent with him , it's reaching and you can argue all you want about 97 it doesn't mean much in the end even if Nasser deserved to win he would've beaten a very sub-pat Yates which doesn't say much because at their respective bests Yates outclasses Nasser so you gain nothing either way.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2009, 04:58:06 PM »
why do you care that another man said that some of dorian's victories were questionable?

he isn't your favorite bodybuilder, heck you said flex is one of your favorites

just trying to figure out why you care

E

Why do you care what I say? still licking your wounds after I owned you? I don't care if anyone says Dorian should have lost it's usually people he crushed who have nothing but excuses left . What you fail to understand is I was commenting on Bob offering this up as proof especially when it's very far from reality

Flex is absolutely one of my favorite bodybuilders but I wouldn't even claim he deserved to beat Yates because he is it's called being objective.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
I agree. Not even Kevin himself said anything about deserving to win the 95 Mr Olympia, same as Shawn about the 94 (until months after the contest).

If anything, Nasser was saying even back then that he'd have liked to place 2nd instead of Levrone, who he thought should've been 3rd. But no one contested Dorian winning 95 - not the judges nor the pros nor most of the fans.

Dorian won 95 in the same dominant way he won 93 and Ronnie won 1999 or 2003.

Exactly 1995 was murder on par with 1993 there was no contest

let's say Kevin , Shawn and Nasser ALL should have beaten Dorian this means nothing in the face of Dorian at his best , facts are Dorian was so far and ahead of everyone that even at his worse he was still the best