Author Topic: Iowa radio host accuses Herman Cain of 'inappropriate' remarks  (Read 1867 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Iowa radio host accuses Herman Cain of 'inappropriate' remarks
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »

In a cryptic comment made at National Journal’s Election 2012 Preview event Tuesday, Mark Block, Herman Cain’s campaign manager, made reference to an incident involving Cain and a receptionist for a radio talk show host.

Continue Reading

Asked by panel moderator Beth Reinhard whether he could guarantee that there’s not more information forthcoming about his past, Block began his answer with a blanket denial, followed by what seemed to be a description of an unreported recent incident involving Cain.

“Mr. Cain has never sexually harassed anybody. Period. End of story,” he said. “As the hours go by, it’s interesting that we even hear from a radio talk show host of Iowa that a receptionist thought that Mr. Cain’s comments were inappropriate.”

POLITICO has learned that the incident involved a staffer for Steve Deace, an influential conservative talk radio host who hosts a nationally syndicated show in Des Moines. And Deace says he did take offense.

Deace, who penned an opinion piece critical of Cain earlier this month, told POLITICO in an email that Cain said "awkward" and "inappropriate" things to the staff at his station.

"Like awkward/inappropriate things he's said to two females on my staff, that the fact the guy's wife is never around...that's almost always a warning flag to me," Deace wrote. "But I chose to leave that stuff out [of the opinion piece] and make it about his record and not the personal stuff."

Pressed about what exactly Cain said to the employees of his show, Deace responded by describing how he himself treats his staff.

"Many a man has been done in by the inability to control his urges,” Deace wrote. “I am no different and just as vulnerable as any other man, which is why I put safeguards around me and hold myself accountable to my wife and other men in my life. Especially since I have very talented employees that happen to be women. I go out of my way to treat them like my sisters. For example, I wouldn't tell them or any other woman I am not married to nor related to how pretty she is."

Asked how Block would know that the women at the station were uneasy about Cain’s behavior, Deace said he didn’t know.

“No idea, to the best of my knowledge neither me nor anyone on my staff has ever spoken to Block,” said the talk show host.

Deace said he and his staff had no other comment on Block’s remark.

Before the National Journal panel began, POLITICO had asked Cain's campaign for a comment on Deace's charges, but the campaign did not respond.

Formerly with the venerable WHO radio station in Des Moines, Deace played a pivotal role in Mike Huckabee’s 2008 Iowa caucus victory. Huckabee ran up huge margins in central Iowa, then Deace’s market, on his way to a nine-point caucus win. Deace, a conservative Christian, has been something of a thorn in the side of establishment Republicans, using his perch to needle GOP politicians from Mitt Romney to Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67478.html#ixzz1caTLPRI1

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Iowa radio host accuses Herman Cain of 'inappropriate' remarks
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »
is this the 3rd or 4th one

I'm losing count

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 02:54:34 PM »
i think the forth, i think there is going to be many more,i don't think he can help himself

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
i think the forth, i think there is going to be many more,i don't think he can help himself
maybe that's whe he's smiling

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »
Is Deace under a "confidentiality clause", too?

I'm losing count, too....of how many times we've heard the term "inappropriate remarks", without the SPECIFIC REMARKS actually being cited, when asked of the would-be accusers.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »
given all Cains dumb remarks, gaffes, etc.. it seems totally cpnsistent that he would be  too dumb to realize he's is making inappropriate remarks or unwanted advances

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
hahahahaha everyboby is against cain everyboby is wrong and cain is right ::)   :D :D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
given all Cains dumb remarks, gaffes, etc.. it seems totally cpnsistent that he would be  too dumb to realize he's is making inappropriate remarks or unwanted advances

exactly he's one of them guys that see nothing wrong with what he does or says, he don't get it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »
hahahahaha everyboby is against cain everyboby is wrong and cain is right ::)   :D :D

Wow seems like a repeat of the clinton years without the rape, groping, exposures, blue dress, cigar, etc.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 03:04:43 PM »
put this guy in office and he'll put clinton to shame  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
put this guy in office and he'll put clinton to shame  ;D

Yeah - where are the Jennifer Flowers like tapes ????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »
wait, cain made some sexually suggestive saying to TWO people THIS YEAR?

LOL..... keep defending him, getbiggers.   He did that shit this year.  He did that shit in 98.  And, most importantly, he's gonne keep lying about it!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »
Yeah - where are the Jennifer Flowers like tapes ????

this is not the end more is coming out  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 03:14:08 PM »
this is not the end more is coming out  ;D

How many have you rubbed out today thinking of this story? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »
wow that's sick maybe you can be cain vp  ;D