Author Topic: Most bodybuilders are fools - they think they know everything  (Read 14405 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Most bodybuilders are fools.
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »
Keith sent pizzas to Goodrum, not me. I don't trust that buffoon. He has no integrity so why should I expose myself to his lies and bullshit?

Ah, my mistake.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »
I see videos of some of the pros doing triceps pressdowns. Amazing that they benefit from that exercise. It is effective up to a certain size and afterwards doesn't do much. I think the problem is the elbows can move and when heavier weights are used the elbows move and so the effectiveness evaporates. Also, the triceps need resistance in the last 15 degrees of extension and the pressdowns are not ideal here. That is why putting your arms in a position beside your head is superior.

superior in what way? in which angle? overhead extention? skull crusher? 45deg skull crusher?

please tell me WHAT muscle then, is causing the weight/bar to travel down.. and if there's no resistance at the last 15 degrees of extension, why? does gravity cease to exist during that movement?

pressdowns have their place.. saying one movement is "superior" to another illustrates WHY nobody gives a fuck what you say about training.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2014, 07:32:29 PM »
I haven't even bothered to read any of you other posts in this thread, but I suspect they're ALL full of the same type of non-sense... which shows exactly why nobody respects ANYTHING you have to say related to bodybuilding.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »
read the whole thing.

"owned"? what kind of adult uses terms like that? do you live your life on message boards? what's next? "meltdown"? are you a recovering meth addict?

if he actually looked the part he, maybe people would seek out his advice, instead of him begging people to listen to him.

we see people like him, and most likely you, in the gym all the time.. running around looking for somebody to listen to him give his free advice.. somebody to listen to him. usually some little newbie who doesn't know any better.

fucking losers.

I have never understood the whole "owned" thing - that's friggin gay as hell. I would say that these guys would never talk like that in real life - but I imagine when they toolbags convene they say a lot of shit that would seem odd to most. You have to truly be a sad dude to enjoy headgames 100% anonymously on a message board and the glory of your day is when a fellow douche give you the coveted "you owned him man !!!! Or pwned whatever the fuck that means

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:30 PM »

I have never understood the whole "owned" thing - that's friggin gay as hell. I would say that these guys would never talk like that in real life - but I imagine when they toolbags convene they say a lot of shit that would seem odd to most. You have to truly be a sad dude to enjoy headgames 100% anonymously on a message board and the glory of your day is when a fellow douche give you the coveted "you owned him man !!!! Or pwned whatever the fuck that means

Agree, "owned" is gay as fuck. So is "Lol."

the trainer

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »
Agree, "owned" is gay as fuck. So is "Lol."

I was thinking of insulting you but judging by your username you already have some self esteem issues, i will give you props for telling us what you are like though.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »
I was thinking of insulting you but judging by your username you already have some self esteem issues, i will give you props for telling us what you are like though.

Insulting me about what?

the trainer

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2014, 08:01:14 PM »
I haven't even bothered to read any of you other posts in this thread, but I suspect they're ALL full of the same type of non-sense... which shows exactly why nobody respects ANYTHING you have to say related to bodybuilding.

You seem to have a hard on for vince if you have any sexually repressed feelings you can let them out because this is getbig after all.

the trainer

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2014, 08:03:07 PM »
Insulting me about what?

I was going to own you but i think since you have a looks problem i will leave you alone.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »
I was going to own you but i think since you have a looks problem i will leave you alone.

Ah, it's about "owned." Fair enough.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2014, 08:55:32 PM »

"So I didn't pursue a career in philosophy but became a PE teacher"

hahahahahahahahaa....... no wait....hahahahahahahaha haa....."career in philosophy"...hahahahahahahah

whats a philosophy career pay these days? hahahahahahaha....cant breathe......hahahahhaha a

PE teacher!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha  oh shit.....hahahahahahahah ahaha

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm....

Quite elaborate. "Tautology," one might say.

Problem: Verbose, as in "diarrhea of the mouth"

Summary: One good photo?

Kinesiology score: "0"

Physiology score: "0"

Why someone would actually have the energy and time to write up something so elaborate, equivalent to that of a dog chasing its tail is beyond me....

Beyond words ~

Good times.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2014, 09:51:14 PM »

Good question and worthy of a reply. I was interested in some of the findings that Hypertrophy Specific Training claimed. According to them, maximum hypertrophy would require perhaps 8 hours training in one day. If that is true then no sensible person could sustain that protocol. Thus, what is the point at which near maximum hypertrophy is stimulated? When you look at what so many to the top pros are doing and have done over the past 50 years one thing stands out. Lots of sets. The typical protocol is to do several exercises per body part and do each for several sets. If you add these up it means they are doing anywhere from 9 to 25 or so sets per muscle group. A few extremists did even more sets perhaps as many as 50. However, there seems to be a point beyond which you get diminished returns. In other words, if you get a good result from X then doing 2 times X is not going to result in two times the growth.

It would be extremely difficult to determine exactly how much training is required by everyone and then average it out and use that as a target. Instead of doing something that cumbersome I do something completely different. I go to the state induced the next day. That is the key to DOMS training. You try to make your muscles quite sore. The kind of soreness that persists for several days. You don't want to generate acute, painful soreness that restricts any kind of training. You have to avoid damaging the connective tissue. I am certain the muscles themselves will be okay from just about any kind of hypertrophy training. Once you accept the feedback as a guide to hypertrophy it makes all the difference in the world. If you didn't induce sufficient DOMS then you have to return to the gym the next day and try something else. It is as simple as that. If any workouts fail to deliver those target DOMS you have to repeat a workout and try something different. In this way, sustaining the DOMS, it should be possible to grow larger from each workout. That is what I found so I am confident it will work for others.

The theory is simple but the technology applying it is where the problems occur. Some people cannot put sufficiently intense mechanical tension on the target muscle. You have to do this over and over and over and have that intense mechanical tension accumulate. Waste products accumulate. Eventually hypertrophy is triggered and that should be enough. It usually takes over an hour to do the arms properly. Perhaps up to two hours for larger muscles. The total amount of severe, intense mechanical tension in a muscle to generate hypertrophy is probably less than two minutes. It might be the last rep or two in a set to failure. It isn't necessary to do extra stuff beyond failure because more sets with the same resistance will deliver the stimulus.

About progression re resistance and maximum hypertrophy. Well, at the beginning of any programs there will be a rapid increase in strength. This cannot continue indefinitely for obvious reasons. However, the aim is to try to lift heavier weights for the same number of reps. Again, plateaus will appear and progress slows. That is when novelty comes to the rescue. It takes a good mind to be able to figure out new things to do. Many top guys have people smarter than themselves tell them what to do. There are some superior exercises and some that no bodybuilder should do.

The repeated bout effect is to be avoided. That is why we aim to keep the muscles in a state of DOMS. Once the muscle recovers it will take a much more intense workout to stimulate further hypertrophy.

Excellent post, interesting ideas.

Vince is unusually lucid in this thread

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »
lol @ "it usually takes over an hour to do the arms properly".

fucking retarded.

absolute nonsense.

there's a reason nobody comes to you for advice. they probably overhear you talking to somebody else, spouting off this crap and tell their friends what a fucking idiot you are. "dude, you should've seen this fatassed old man in the gym... talking to the front desk girl and pointing out the guys with the best physiques in the gym and saying 'they're doing it wrong, the're all a bunch of fools. if only they'd listen to me, they'd be great'."

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2014, 08:26:42 PM »
nm

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2014, 08:37:09 PM »
lol @ "it usually takes over an hour to do the arms properly".

fucking retarded.

absolute nonsense.

there's a reason nobody comes to you for advice. they probably overhear you talking to somebody else, spouting off this crap and tell their friends what a fucking idiot you are. "dude, you should've seen this fatassed old man in the gym... talking to the front desk girl and pointing out the guys with the best physiques in the gym and saying 'they're doing it wrong, the're all a bunch of fools. if only they'd listen to me, they'd be great'."

Have to agree, a bit deluded ... and bitter. Even if he was right, I would never spend a fucking hour on arms. 2-3 body parts (trained intensely) < 30 mins. Good enough is good enough, I says.

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »

—a bastille built in 1840 to entertain captured pirates—

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
You criticized him. Of course he says no. I would never walk up to a guy and say ,your arms look weak. Let me help you...You are lucky he didn't hit you.
someone could take it the wrong way. Seriously