Author Topic: With proper Diet, No Cardio Needed  (Read 5039 times)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
With proper Diet, No Cardio Needed
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
Only reason bodybuilders do cardio is they have too much bodyfat going into a contest and they need to shed in a timely manner. They also lose muscle while doing the cardio.

Optimal muscle retention is to have a clean diet with lots of protein and fat,little carbs and no time table to "peak".  Lose fat this way, and retain optimal amount of muscle.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: With proper Diet, No Cardio Needed
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »
I will loose muscle from low carbs more than a moderate amount of cardio. I prefer to diet moderate carbs, moderate cardio, lowish fat (50gms max)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
Have you tried low carbs no cardio before?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 03:58:14 PM »
yes I have, doesn't work well for me except on a rest day now and then.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 03:58:49 PM »
Actually it's to drain water from the high-sodium diets and the retention from the drugs they use to maintain that much size. Losing fat has little to do with it given how most are relatively lean compared to the average permabulker when they start the precontest phase.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 04:00:44 PM »
That just leaves your muscles flat and makes you tired. You get far better results using carbs and doing cardio.

Low carb is a fad.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 04:01:31 PM »
nah ro is right.

carbs spare the muscle., theres no question.

but fastest way to get shredded and making noe enemies,as in , dont care if some muscle goes away, is the low carb stuff.

hey dont be a fucking idiot, do you realize youre talking beginners stuff to a heavy weight competitor(bigro)

hes been places.

my fucking goodness the ppl here are hilarious

Actually it's to drain water from the high-sodium diets and the retention from the drugs they use to maintain that much size. Losing fat has little to do with it given how most are relatively lean compared to the average permabulker when they start the precontest phase.
nah cardio is very efficient way to burn fat.

the water under skin is hardly affected by it.

to get rid of that water a plain workout will be better.
n

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »
nah ro is right.

carbs spare the muscle., theres no question.

but fastest way to get shredded and making noe enemies,as in , dont care if some muscle goes away, is the low carb stuff.

hey dont be a fucking idiot, do you realize youre talking beginners stuff to a heavy weight competitor(bigro)

hes been places.

my fucking goodness the ppl here are hilarious

nah cardio is very efficient way to burn fat.

the water under skin is hardly affected by it.

to get rid of that water a plain workout will be better.
It does work to burn fat, but they don't have that much to lose. At least not the ones who watched their waistline all year, like Cutler and Dexter used to.

The biggest change for me is the change of water level. Their vascularity is the most obvious aspect. Think of lean natties or even lean guys on gear at the gym. Most are watery, bloated sacks of shit.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 04:06:52 PM »
depends on your body type, ecto meso no problem, endo meso need cardio.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
If I could turn back the hands of time I would have done cardio from day one. I feel amazing, healthy as ever, jacked, and can run 10 miles. That's where I want to be

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 04:08:01 PM »
Using a cyclic ketogenic diet works extremely well for me, and I see far better results than keeping my carbs moderate and doing cardio.  I also prefer it over cardio cause it doesn't waste as much time. You lose lots of hours doing cardio.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 04:09:12 PM »
Using a cyclic ketogenic diet works extremely well for me, and I see far better results than keeping my carbs moderate and doing cardio.  I also prefer it over cardio cause it doesn't waste as much time. You lose lots of hours doing cardio.
You keep more muscle with carb cycling than keto cycling
and the problem is a lot of people can't load up on carbs responsibly anyway, they get so bloated and full during the loading phase that they lose interest in going keto again
not to mention, most people have so much fat to lose that they'd only benefit from being carb-free full time
which means being flat and tired
nah

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
I know on paper 30 minutes of cardio doesn't burn a lot of fat... but I find a few sessions a week really help keep the numbers on the scale dropping and it gives a better look in the mirror while dieting.

A

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »
You keep more muscle with carb cycling than keto cycling
and the problem is a lot of people can't load up on carbs responsibly anyway, they get so bloated and full during the loading phase that they lose interest in going keto again
not to mention, most people have so much fat to lose that they'd only benefit from being carb-free full time
which means being flat and tired
nah

cyclic ketogenic and carb cycling are basically the same thing unless I'm mistaken

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
cyclic ketogenic and carb cycling are basically the same thing unless I'm mistaken
No, they're not. Keto cycling is keto with a weekend load... and adjusting carbs on a daily basis is...setting low-medium-high days without ever going into ketogenic levels.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
I know on paper 30 minutes of cardio doesn't burn a lot of fat... but I find a few sessions a week really help keep the numbers on the scale dropping and it gives a better look in the mirror while dieting.

Right
because it drains water like crazy

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »
I know on paper 30 minutes of cardio doesn't burn a lot of fat... but I find a few sessions a week really help keep the numbers on the scale dropping and give a better look in the mirror while dieting.

30 minutes a few times a week = 1 1/2-2hours of cardio.   If you do cardio you have to throw on clothes, take a shower, drive to gym or wherever. More time. It's not as convenient and less efficient.  

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 04:18:34 PM »
No, they're not. Keto cycling is keto with a weekend load... and adjusting carbs on a daily basis is...setting low-medium-high days without ever going into ketogenic levels.

Tomato, Tamoto

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 04:20:31 PM »
Tomato, Tamoto
No.

Keto is Keto.
And cycling is cycling.

That's like saying using different amounts of testosterone 7 days a week is the same as using none for 6 days and then backloading it before the week starts over. Would hardly have the same effect physically.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »
No.

Keto is Keto.
And cycling is cycling.

That's like saying using different amounts of testosterone 7 days a week is the same as using none for 6 days and then backloading it before the week starts over. Would hardly have the same effect physically.

keto does not mean 0. it could be 150(high), 100, 50.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »
keto does not mean 0. it could be 150(high), 100, 50.
Actually it's less than 100 and generally under 50. 150? no wayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »
if you're using more than 10 carbs a day, you're doing it wrong. ;)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »
if you're using more than 10 carbs a day, you're doing it wrong. ;)

holy shit no way lol. My best days are about 50. Today I needed around 100 since it is getting late in the rotation.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »
holy shit no way lol. My best days are about 50. Today I needed around 100 since it is getting late in the rotation.
If you do cardio, then I get it
but I lifted weights 4-5 days a week on 10-15 carbs for a month, and lost a solid 30lbs
10 of it water, admittedly
but to do that longterm?
nah, can't
didn't sleep more than 2hrs a night

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »

Amazingly.... I agree.

I find having carbs and doing cardio looks better, feels bettwr,and is better mentally that no\low carb.