Author Topic: With proper Diet, No Cardio Needed  (Read 4948 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: With proper Diet, No Cardio Needed
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2014, 05:21:30 AM »
This thread should be a conversation between two new joiners janitors at the gym, while they work in sets of barbell curls in the squat rack and sip on their second lucozade of the hour.

Fixed

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2014, 05:23:04 AM »
This thread should be a conversation between two new joiners at the gym, while they work in sets of barbell curls in the squat rack and sip on their second lucozade of the hour.
Ha! Total Brit crap. Reminds me to get another lemon squash.  ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2014, 07:23:02 AM »
Fuck Cardio.  Who needs a healthy heart anyways  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2014, 08:00:01 AM »
Fuck Cardio.  Who needs a healthy heart anyways  ::)

Talking about for fat burning purposes. Intense weight training has more benefits for healthy heart than cardio. But if someone likes "cardio", then by all means.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »
Calorie restriction and weight training is all that's needed to get ripped at any age.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »
Talking about for fat burning purposes. Intense weight training has more benefits for healthy heart than cardio. But if someone likes "cardio", then by all means.
really? Thats intredasting to me.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2014, 10:38:05 AM »
Calorie restriction and weight training is all that's needed to get ripped at any age.

It's not just calorie restriction. That would be too easy. 2000 calories of snickers bars isn't equivalent to 2000k of chicken, beef, fish, eggs, veggies, fruits, etc....

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »
Also: creating a 500 calorie deficit through diet and the same through cardio isn't the same for fat-burning.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2014, 10:59:12 AM »
two things are needed if avoiding cardio, well maybe 3.

1.  Lower calorie intake than daily requirements
2.  Time, lots of time
3. If needed is some supplements, ECA, T3 etc...

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
two things are needed if avoiding cardio, well maybe 3.

1.  Lower calorie intake than daily requirements
2.  Time, lots of time
3. If needed is some supplements, ECA, T3 etc...
In most cases, simply dieting at a deficit and lift weights isn't enough to achieve the kind of conditioning galeniko or neptune showed in their pictures. Again, naturally high thyroid activity will be the key here for those who can ignore cardio and have a hardbody. But the corollary is those types of people also find their ability to gain and maintain muscle naturally is extremely limited, which gives them that characteristic flat, undefined lean look we associate with pure ectomorphs. For everyone else, you'll hit a plateau, which is usually in the 12-15% range. To get below that, it takes pharmaceutical supplementation that forces the body to burn supplemental fat reserves, or it takes cardio on top of the dieting/training. It's not really a secret, being and staying lean requires a full-time commitment. Like gal said, his lines disappear and reappear based on something as basic as a salted meal.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2014, 11:57:26 AM »

Haha no it doesn't.  There's no substitute for steady-state cardio in terms of heart health.  For fat loss, I'll agree, it's not strictly necessary

But any cardiologist will tell you you're wrong.....and I'm sure you're gonna respond saying that you know better than them

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »

Oh brother what a vague statement. ::)

One could consider intense weight training cardio depending. You'll have to elaborate on exactly what this "intense" weight training is. I'm assuming heavy and non stop but I really don't know what you mean. As long as you're out of breath while lifting.....you can consider that cardio.

You will also see girls in the gym using 2 pound dumbells lifting up and down as fast as they can....cardio. In their minds weight training.

Yes one can get lean with little to no cardio. There is no disputing that. But for general health working out the heart is essential.

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2014, 08:12:03 PM »
I prefer eating  lof of protein,carbs and low fat with having a lot of cheat meals and training as often as I can twice a day

I don't even feel like I am dieting as 2 days per week I eat whatever the fuck I want

I get as lean as when I watched what I ate more and trained only once a day

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2014, 08:33:30 PM »

One could consider intense weight training cardio depending. You'll have to elaborate on exactly what this "intense" weight training is. I'm assuming heavy and non stop but I really don't know what you mean. As long as you're out of breath while lifting.....you can consider that cardio.

You will also see girls in the gym using 2 pound dumbells lifting up and down as fast as they can....cardio. In their minds weight training.

Yes one can get lean with little to no cardio. There is no disputing that. But for general health working out the heart is essential.

No it wouldn't.. See "aerobic energy system". Get back to me on that.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »

Are you saying that getting your medical advice from "The Coach" may be ill-advised?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2014, 09:19:43 PM »

No, that's not what I meant at all. Are you saying when you weight train, you're not working out the heart? Just want to be clear on that.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2014, 09:39:21 PM »
Why do these threads always turn into Guru type "I know best" threads?

If one size fit all, why isn't there just one size made?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2014, 10:06:05 PM »
Why do these threads always turn into Guru type "I know best" threads?

If one size fit all, why isn't there just one size made?

Not a guru. I spend a lot of time on research. Plus, I've been doing this forever.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2014, 03:14:05 AM »
5'10-210-natural at around 10% bodyfat. In your face. Not the best definitely not the worst. Low carbs all day.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2014, 03:22:14 AM »
Skipping the cardio and calling oneself an athlete goes hand in hand.  ::)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2014, 03:48:32 AM »
5'10-210-natural at around 10% bodyfat. In your face. Not the best definitely not the worst. Low carbs all day.

Low carbs, little cardio, whereas lots of people waste hours and hours at gym doing cardio to cut, no calorie deficit, and best part is I grow well from this.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2014, 04:42:15 AM »
good build.. neprune

i am an advocate of cardio but in a non hamster way..playing sports a few hours a week