Author Topic: Kranks Log  (Read 174415 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Kranks Log
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »
11/13

Fuck employees!!!  Fired them today.  Hate that shit.  Was all bent out of shape because it turned into me telling them to grab their stuff, give me their key and get out of my office, IMMEDIATELY.  They went to the computer and I yanked the cord out of the wall.  Did not have me in the mood for a workout...thats for sure.  On top of it, hell awaited me. 

40 mins...AMRAP

15 reps - 65# Overhead squat - I SUCK AT THESE (should have used 95#, just couldnt get the hang of them)
50yds - 1/2 BW farmers walk (I used 55lb DB's)
15 reps - 1/4 BW KB SLDL (just used the same 55lb DB)
10 reps - 24" box deficit jumps
10 reps (per leg) - 24" box step ups
10 reps - wall ball toss (14lb mush ball)

I got 7 rounds + farmers walk.  Absolutely drenched in sweat.  A couple of people did ask why I was so quiet, and I mentioned that I hate drama and work bled over.  I hate it when that happens.  Anyone know of a good book on managing employees or handing stressful situations like that?
good stress reliever krank,,,

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
good stress reliever krank,,,

Yes and no.  I suck at letting things slide off my shoulders.  Bitch had me wound up so I couldn't focus on workout.  She had the balls to write an email to my partner saying how she didn't appreciate how I displayed such aggression and disrespect.  Hmmm...yes, disrestect like lying that you were at work and clocked in and I show upi and you aren't there?  The disrespect that you showed me when you stole money from me and REPEATEDLY denied it, and you were the ONLY person who handled the money.  Or even better...her telling two people I know how she is going to quit...and then acts all surprised when she is fired.  Boo hoo!  Sorry you couldn't cash in on me paying you until you did so.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2012, 05:34:49 AM »
11/14

Took as a total off day due to interviews.  Thanks bitch!

11/15

Hard to explain, but here you go

90 Secs of jumping rope

a) Lunges
b) Pushups
c) Situps

10 Pullups

For the exercises a, b, c you are changing the reps.  Start with 50, then drop by 10 each round (i.e. 50, 40, 30, 20, 10)

Do this for time.  I finished in 25:25  The last two rounds (20 & 10) would seem easy...you just dont have the gas in the tank at that point.  Anyway...also had physical today.  WTF.  BP normal, cholesterol normal, everything NORMAL.  (odd due to what previous ex-gf's say about me)  Well, the EKG showed something weird.  I was never really good at the whole QRST wave shit with an EKG, well the T-wave showed something and so I get to go get an echo-cardiogram along with stress test next week. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
i was going to ask about knee,,,good luck with the other test tho,,,

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2012, 04:37:53 PM »
i was going to ask about knee,,,good luck with the other test tho,,,

Knees need A LOT of warming up.  After that, they are good.

11/16

Deadlift Hell.

10 rounds of deadlift for 5 reps each bar :

135lbs
185lbs
225lbs
275lbs
315lbs

Follow up with 20lb wall ball (chest to wall 24" away) 30 reps

(then start over)

I finished in 39:35

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2012, 04:41:04 PM »
11/17

FML2 (see 10/26)

40 Mins AMRAP

95lb Overhead Press 10rep
10 Kipping Pullups
10 Chest to desk pushups
50ft Rope pull machine (level 5)

16 rounds + kipping pullups

I got 11 rounds in 30 mins, so that is an improvement of almost 15 - 20 seconds per round.  May not seem like much, but you factor fatigue into it.  The pullups were the thing that got to me later in the rounds.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Yes and no.  I suck at letting things slide off my shoulders.  Bitch had me wound up so I couldn't focus on workout.  She had the balls to write an email to my partner saying how she didn't appreciate how I displayed such aggression and disrespect.  Hmmm...yes, disrestect like lying that you were at work and clocked in and I show upi and you aren't there?  The disrespect that you showed me when you stole money from me and REPEATEDLY denied it, and you were the ONLY person who handled the money.  Or even better...her telling two people I know how she is going to quit...and then acts all surprised when she is fired.  Boo hoo!  Sorry you couldn't cash in on me paying you until you did so.

I feel ya - have you ever tried yoga or breathing exercises to flatten such emotional peaks?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2012, 08:26:36 PM »
I feel ya - have you ever tried yoga or breathing exercises to flatten such emotional peaks?

I am going to start doing some yoga.  Both for flexibility and to help calm.  I seriously can not believe how I let some people get under my skin.  I know better than to say that its the other persons fault.  Its not.  In this case, when she got all shitty, I could have easily stood up and and turned to the office manager present (and personal assistant of my partner) and said "well, i have had enough.  Please have her sign off on the exit interview, collect the key from her, etc, etc"  Nope, I had to lose my cool. 

*sigh*

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2012, 09:03:38 PM »
I always found that yoga cleared my mind and was very calming.  I always walked out afterwards feeling great and mentally refreshed. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:52 AM »
11/19

Max Effort Bench followed by Dynamic effort Bench

So, we were going to just try and find my 3-rep max on bench.  I will state first...I HATE benching.  Ever since the pec tear I have hated it.  I have benched more in the last few weeks since starting the whole CF type training than I have in the last 13 years.  So, we needed to find what my max was.  Going into this I had reservations because of Saturday.  During the push-ups I felt something weird in the left pec.  Who the fuck strains a pec with push ups?  Nagged me all day.  So, now with monday and benching I was a little cautious.  Also, with changing the arm postion/technique just messed with me mentally.  I put up 335, and my biddy said I could probably have a 345 - 350 with ease.  I was extra cautious on it though and just stopped.  Thats not normally me.

The dynamic benching had 135 on the bar with bands that added 100lbs or something like that.  First time I ever benched with bands.  We also had the 3-board thing on the chest.  Another first.  The dynamic thing involved 5 rounds of 5 reps benching then 15 reps each of incline dumbell, a row, and then some tricep pushdowns.  Chest felt fine, but in the back of the mind I was wondering how the left pec would feel later on.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2012, 05:10:54 AM »
11/20

Random circuit for time.  WEIRD day.  I felt fine, was rested, didn't feel stressed, nothing.  The qorkout though was frustrating in that I didnt feel like I had any explosive power as well as flow/rhythm to myself.  I couldn't find my groove.  The burpees were the worst in that I couldn't explode up and the jump after felt like I had cement in my shoes.  Sucky workout.

5 Rounds for time :

125m Sprint
20 Burpees
30 Pushups
40 Mountain Climbers
50 Sit ups.

Time - 28:36

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2012, 05:13:41 AM »
I like that you say how you feel too.. your state of mind is very important and a lot of guys do not realize this. Interesting workouts Krank...

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2012, 05:48:41 AM »
Thanks Donny.   Seemed WAYYY homo at the time...buy what the hell. 

11/21 - off day...had no car. 

11/22 - T-Day

Went up to visit family and decided to catch workout before hand.  Yes, I am that big of a douche to work out on Thanksgiving.  I went to gym in home town and just wanted to grab an easy workout that wouldn't require a lot of extra stuff or dram a lot of attention.  I don't think the girl at the front desk charged me for the day pass.  SWEET ($20 saved)

"Angie"
100 Pull ups
100 Push ups
100 Sit ups (cross fit style)
100 Squats (body weight)

Time : 20:44

** Should be less because the ONLY pull up bar was in the cable cross over station and half way through this I had a kid that wanted to get some work on it.  I wasn't going to be a dick and say no, so I let him work in.  I didn't stop my timer, so I gave myself a little more rest.  I am learning about what people talk about with CF and the 'red line' type of area with training.  You have to learn when you you are about to red line and then keep yourself just under that.   I think  I went right into the red line with pull ups.  I did 25 unbroken (i.e. non stop) ones.  Then took only a 5 second break and tried to do more.  Only got 10.  From there I tried to take a little longer break...but couldn't get my rhythm again.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »
11/23

Decided to do two workouts today...just for shits and grins...

Bench 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 (add up total load) -

225, 225, 250, 250, 250, 250, 250, 250, 275, 275 (all for two reps...comes out to be 5000lbs)

Then did the workout called "Jackie"

1000 meter row
45 pound Thruster, 50 reps
30 pull-ups

7:41  (NOT smart...this stuff is all out, when will I learn.  I LOST :30 of time on my rowing, the pullups suffered because of yesterday)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2012, 08:47:10 AM »
damn,,,i've seen the last pic u posted is it prior to this training or a result of,,,maintaing size but condition in terms of body composition changed,,or is the goal just the thrill/intensity of the training.seem locked in to it and it must keep it interesting because u push to beat the times or reps,,,

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2012, 07:11:10 AM »
damn,,,i've seen the last pic u posted is it prior to this training or a result of,,,maintaing size but condition in terms of body composition changed,,or is the goal just the thrill/intensity of the training.seem locked in to it and it must keep it interesting because u push to beat the times or reps,,,

Was just prior.  I am down about 3 - 4lbs from that pic.  Still just as lean.  Last weighed myself (from the physical) at 204.  The body comp has kind of shifted.  Not really changed. The legs are leaner, the arms are leaner.  The abs not as sharp.  Not sure why.

I am sure if I did that "Fran" workout again I would crush my first time.  My thrusters are so much better now that I am learning better technique with squatting, front squatting, and the hip drive that goes with deads.

11/24

- Dynamic Squats 60% 1RM 10sets 2 reps, 45 sec rest between sets.  I used 245lbs because my squats have gone to shit in the last few years.  Last year (i think) I only got ONE with 405 on the bar.  Knees were MAJOR limiting factor.

- Dynamic Deads  225lb bar with bands under feet (adding 140lbs to top of movement) 10 sets of 1 rep, again using 45 sec rest.  Felt WAY easy.  I think I maybe could do a 530lb dead.  Not sure.

- Thrusters 95lb 10 sets of 5 reps.  Worked on keeping hips back, then at top 1/3 of leg drive focused on the hip "pop".  The bar started coming up faster and faster as I got in the groove of it.  Feet started not shifting all over the place as I also got the groove of bringing bar down and squatting in same motion.  Flexibility is getting better with having hands back holding the bar.

- GHR 5 x 5....HATE these....but when you are done you absolutely have more drive out of the hole with squats.

Overall..not too taxing of a day.  I felt great afterwards.   I WILL take a day off today.  I am such a douche too....I ordered a CF jump rope for myself.  LOL...early christmas present for myself.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2012, 07:17:54 AM »
good stuff dude,,,really like the passion u seem to type and are doing for self in these workouts,,,i can see the body getting leaner and shifting ,,i mean u competed and dried toyrself doing old scholl diet/workouts,,but if this phase suits you and your lean and fit and still holding size cool...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »
good stuff dude,,,really like the passion u seem to type and are doing for self in these workouts,,,i can see the body getting leaner and shifting ,,i mean u competed and dried toyrself doing old scholl diet/workouts,,but if this phase suits you and your lean and fit and still holding size cool...
Kranks workouts are always refreshing to look at, very interesting.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
Thanks guys.  I want to have my "Fran" workout under 3:00 by February.  I think its possible with getting my squat technique down.  I am kind of pissed.  My "rope" won't be here till Tuesday.  Damn FedEx and their lack of residential delivery on Mondays.  Then I have to work on my Double Unders (i.e. rope going around twice with one jump).  Rope is a BITCH if you have never tried.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »
Ok...things have quieted down for me at the office.  I can now get back to my posting.

11/26

Rope Climb (level 3)
Deadlift (185#)
Med Ball Slam (20#)
Farmers Walk (50# DB's in each hand)
KB/DB Swing (35#)
Box Squat (135#)
Deficit Jump (24")
Good Mornings

50 Secs of work / 10 Sec rest - 5 rounds

Fuck me with a goat!!!  I did a lot of driving these past few days and my low back was TRASHED!!!  I am not a fan of this type of workout.  LOL

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
11/27

Whomever came up with the 21...3 type of workout can suck my balls!!!!

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 (i.e, the number of reps you do each time through the round)

Squats (95#) - Clean the bar, then to the back.  NO RACK
Knees to elbows crunches (feet must touch ground before coming back up)
Box Jump (24")
Good Mornings (55" DB's)
Mush Wall Ball (14lb mush ball, squat and throw to 10ft)
Pullups

I finished in 31:23.  My DUMBASS did the 12rep shit TWICE.  So, I went from 12 to 6.  UGH.  Burnt me out..BAD

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »
Ok...things have quieted down for me at the office.  I can now get back to my posting.

11/26

Rope Climb (level 3)
Deadlift (185#)
Med Ball Slam (20#)
Farmers Walk (50# DB's in each hand)
KB/DB Swing (35#)
Box Squat (135#)
Deficit Jump (24")
Good Mornings

50 Secs of work / 10 Sec rest - 5 rounds

Fuck me with a goat!!!  I did a lot of driving these past few days and my low back was TRASHED!!!  I am not a fan of this type of workout.  LOL
Goats milk soap is as close as it gets. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2012, 06:59:44 AM »
"Fran" - oh brother  ::)

;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2012, 09:12:17 PM »
"Fran" - oh brother  ::)

;D

I don't make the names up.  Sorry.  I would say this..if you do mean to poke fun, let me know.

11/29

AMRAP 30 mins

25 Squats
20 Pushups
15 Box Jumps (24")
10 Burpees
5 Pull ups

I go 8 rounds + burpees.

I got gassed quickly today.  I don't recall if I wrote, but with the physical I had, there was a problem with the "T" wave on my EKG.  Soooo I am supposed to do a stress test with echo-cardiogram.  Shit has been on my mind for some time.  My physical came out perfect (cholesterol 140, BP 108/60, etc).  Perhaps I am psyching myself out.  I don't remember too much of my Cardiology shit from school, but the little i recall there could be some thickening in the walls due to my lifting, or some scarring from something else.  Who knows.

The ol' stress test is going to be a good chunk of change out of my pocket...merry xmas to me.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2012, 03:08:25 AM »
Yes you did mention this in an earlier post Krank.  Try not to stress and worry about the test too much.  It's fantastic that everything else came out perfect, remember this.  Worrying about this test will not help with the results.  I know you are very strong mentally, so stay positive and all will be well...you will see.