Author Topic: Strassel: The President Has a List  (Read 16905 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Strassel: The President Has a List
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »
LOL - you mean like Obama turning off the credit card verification protocls on internet donations? 

the US Chamber of Commerce did the same thing and Repubs didn't seem to have a problem with  it

If either one did anything illegal then someone should investigate and try to get the appropriate authorites to bring charges

maybe a there is a dispshit lawyer somewhere with time on his hands that can do this (assuming said lawyer is not too busy with the Breitbart murder investigation)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
who cares about their MLM comp plan

Tons of out of work people, who may be looking for an additional source of income to replenish their 401ks that were wiped out, and will continue to be wiped out under current fiscal policies. Those who one day want to retire from the workforce with dignity... that's who.

this is about transparency of political donations

Agreed. I've simply provided a little supplementary infomation about exactly WHO is contributing to Romney and their MO.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
Tons of out of work people, who may be looking for an additional source of income to replenish their 401ks that were wiped out, and will continue to be wiped out under current fiscal policies. Those who one day want to retire from the workforce with dignity... that's who.

Agreed. I've simply provided a little supplementary infomation about exactly WHO is contributing to Romney and their MO.

I have no problem if you have a beef with the comp plan but it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread so why a paragraph in bold bitching about it?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »
I have no problem if you have a beef with the comp plan but it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread so why a paragraph in bold bitching about it?

It has everything to do with the topic of the thread. this was simply ONE aspect of 'bringing transparency' about THIS political donor that I am qualified to speak on. Just as those USteel workers are qualified to bring transparency or shed a bit more light on Bain capital's MO.  I don't think it's enough to just say 'so & so contributed' when you can say 'so & so contributed, ...and this is what I know about them.' Can anyone else in this forum speak knowledgeably about Melaleuca? I'm not looking to turn this into a MLM thread, simply pointing out I agree with your premise on the importance of transparency, ...oh and btw, this what I know to be true about this company.

as for the bold, it was a formatting error. I had meant to only bold the private share holders of the FED part, but closed with [/i] instead of [/b]. I corrected it within 3 seconds after posting, but I guess you missed that part.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »
It has everything to do with the topic of the thread. this was simply ONE aspect of 'bringing transparency' about THIS political donor that I am qualified to speak on. Just as those USteel workers are qualified to bring transparency or shed a bit more light on Bain capital's MO.  I don't think it's enough to just say 'so & so contributed' when you can say 'so & so contributed, ...and this is what I know about them.' Can anyone else in this forum speak knowledgeably about Melaleuca? I'm not looking to turn this into a MLM thread, simply pointing out I agree with your premise on the importance of transparency, ...oh and btw, this what I know to be true about this company.

as for the bold, it was a formatting error. I had meant to only bold the private share holders of the FED part, but closed with [/i] instead of [/b]. I corrected it within 3 seconds after posting, but I guess you missed that part.

I'm not following you

it's not like this guy doesn't want to have people know he donated to Romney because he's ashamed of the compl plan for his distrubutors.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other so maybe you can  save us the dissertation on MLM or go start a thread on the business board about it

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
I'm not following you

it's not like this guy doesn't want to have people know he donated to Romney because he's ashamed of the compl plan for his distrubutors.  One has absolutely nothing to do with the other so maybe you can  save us the dissertation on MLM or go start a thread on the business board about it

OK, it's clear you're not following. You don't get it, and you don't want to get it. That's fine.
Let's just agree to agree, that transparency when it comes to political donors is importabt.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 04:52:33 PM »
OK, it's clear you're not following. You don't get it, and you don't want to get it. That's fine.
Let's just agree to agree, that transparency when it comes to political donors is importabt.

I'd like to get it but your point makes no sense

this thread about donors apparent shame and embarrassment (what else can it be?) over having donated money to Romney has nothing to do in any way, shape or form with how that company pays it's distrubutors. 

two completely different topics

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
I'd like to get it but your point makes no sense

this thread about donors apparent shame and embarrassment (what else can it be?) over having donated money to Romney has nothing to do in any way, shape or form with how that company pays it's distrubutors. 

two completely different topics

How Melaleuca conducts itself is an indication of the owner's thinking, as well as his character, and values, IMO, as much as Romney's decisions to gut companies ala Gordon Gekko in Wall Street is an indication of his thinking, his character, and his values. The man has even come out and stated he is not concerned about the poor. Well guess what, there are a whole lot of poor people in America, getting poorer by the day thanks to men who think like Romney. The mentality of his campaign donors, the very constituency he will represent if elected, is important, because they will be the ones pulling his strings. If you for a minute think the vast majority of voters have forgotten the financial crash, ...think again. They are reminded of it every day when they look at their 401ks, and their retirement funds, ...if they even have any left. There is a HUGE demographic block of voters called the BABY BOOM GENERATION who are retiring at a rate of 1 every 13 seconds. Not even including those who were forcibly retired because their jobs were outsourced abroad by men like Romney, but voters who in some cases have had to take their parents in because they could no longer manage on their own without pensions indexed to the true rate of inflation, voters who have seen their parents have to come out of retirement and re-enter the work force, etc., These voters want to know if the men to whom Romney will be indebted, and who will no doubt be constructing policy if Romney were elected, envision a future for them as Walmart Greeters unable to enjoy their golden years.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »
How Melaleuca conducts itself is an indication of the owner's thinking, as well as his character, and values, IMO, as much as Romney's decisions to gut companies ala Gordon Gekko in Wall Street is an indication of his thinking, his character, and his values. The man has even come out and stated he is not concerned about the poor. Well guess what, there are a whole lot of poor people in America, getting poorer by the day thanks to men who think like Romney. The mentality of his campaign donors, the very constituency he will represent if elected, is important, because they will be the ones pulling his strings. If you for a minute think the vast majority of voters have forgotten the financial crash, ...think again. They are reminded of it every day when they look at their 401ks, and their retirement funds, ...if they even have any left. There is a HUGE demographic block of voters called the BABY BOOM GENERATION who are retiring at a rate of 1 every 13 seconds. Not even including those who were forcibly retired because their jobs were outsourced abroad by men like Romney, but voters who in some cases have had to take their parents in because they could no longer manage on their own without pensions indexed to the true rate of inflation, voters who have seen their parents have to come out of retirement and re-enter the work force, etc., These voters want to know if the men to whom Romney will be indebted, and who will no doubt be constructing policy if Romney were elected, envision a future for them as Walmart Greeters unable to enjoy their golden years.

yes, Romney is a piece of shit

maybe that's why these guys are so embarrassed to have given him large sums of money

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

maybe that's why these guys are so embarrassed to have given him large sums of money

Romney's bag man got arrested the other day, with tons of very incriminating records that include transaction receipts, along with instructions to intimidate and in some instances even kill those who don't go along with international monetary crimes. The man is singing like a canary and naming names, and they have detailed information about the elaborate lengths they went to to try to keep Romney's name from surfacing. I posted it a while back in a thread entitled "Good News for Americans, ...and especially Republicans" but Hugo deleted it, then moved it to one of the alphabet boards.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »
Romney's bag man got arrested the other day, with tons of very incriminating records that include transaction receipts, along with instructions to intimidate and in some instances even kill those who don't go along with international monetary crimes. The man is singing like a canary and naming names, and they have detailed information about the elaborate lengths they went to to try to keep Romney's name from surfacing. I posted it a while back in a thread entitled "Good News for Americans, ...and especially Republicans" but Hugo deleted it, then moved it to one of the alphabet boards.

uh ok,

well the secret it out so why don't you start another thread about it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 04:07:14 AM »

And Obama isn't?   LOL!!!!!

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 05:28:48 AM »
::)

Look at this delusional twat.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
Romney donor bashed by Obama campaign now target of two federal audits
By Joseph Weber
Published July 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

An Idaho businessman singled out by the Obama campaign for giving $1 million in support of Mitt Romney is now the focus of IRS and Labor Department audits.

Frank VanderSloot, in an interview with FoxNews.com on Tuesday, said he received the initial audit notice from the IRS last month. Two weeks later, he got one from the Labor Department stating the agency would be looking into records related to foreign employees working at his Idaho Falls cattle ranch.

It might all be a coincidence, he said -- but the timing was peculiar.

VanderSloot gave the pro-Romney money last year to the super PAC “Restore of Future.” Then in April, he was identified along with seven other donors on an Obama campaign website as “wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records.”

At the time, VanderSloot spoke out and accused the campaign of targeting him unfairly. Then came the audits.

“It seems coincidental, but who knows,” VanderSloot told FoxNews.com Tuesday. “The problem is the president made the list, and 61 days later I get the first letter. One has to ask: Is the fact I’m being shot at the result of having a target on my back? … Was the list made with that intent?”

VanderSloot expected some scrutiny, considering he is a co-chairman on the Romney campaign, and years of contributing to state and national races had already exposed him to the rough-and-tumble world of politics. 

He has also been targeted by liberal bloggers and an opposition research team that directed an investigator to poke around his local courthouse, looking at divorce records and other cases.

Yet VanderSloot, owner of the Melaleuca wellness product company,  never expected to be branded on an presidential campaign website as a “litigious, combative and bitter foe of the gay rights movement.”

“I had never heard anybody say that,” said VanderSloot, who speculated the anti-gay claim is largely the result of him about 13 years ago opposing the film “It’s Elementary -- Talking about Gay Issues in School” airing on public TV because it was not suitable for viewing by young children.

“Ninety percent of my gay friends agreed,” he said.

VanderSloot was prescient in his public comments after appearing on the list, musing on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor” about whether the list was perhaps a tip-sheet for media critics or federal agencies.

“Am I going to get a call from the FDA … or the IRS?” he said Tuesday, echoing his comments from the show.

Still, the 63-year-old VanderSloot doesn’t think President Obama directly ordered the audits, because simply allowing the so-called "enemy list" to be posted on the original “Keeping GOP Honest” site was enough.

“I doubt he said, ‘Let’s get these guys,’ ” VanderSloot said.

The Obama campaign did not return an email seeking comment. Representatives from the IRS and Labor Department also did not return requests for comment.

The documents requested by the IRS have been turned over to his accountant, VanderSloot said, and the Labor Department audit is just getting started, but he will fully comply and expects no problems.

"I’m not worried,” he said. “We’ll be fine.”

VanderSloot also said the scrutiny has only strengthened his commitment to stay engaged in the political system.

“I am not going to stay away,” he said. “This has given me even more resolve that we need a new president.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/24/romney-donor-bashed-by-obama-campaign-now-target-two-federal-audits/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
Obama is a ghetto chicago street thug.   We should not be surprised. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »
Romney donor bashed by Obama campaign now target of two federal audits
By Joseph Weber
Published July 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

An Idaho businessman singled out by the Obama campaign for giving $1 million in support of Mitt Romney is now the focus of IRS and Labor Department audits.

Frank VanderSloot, in an interview with FoxNews.com on Tuesday, said he received the initial audit notice from the IRS last month. Two weeks later, he got one from the Labor Department stating the agency would be looking into records related to foreign employees working at his Idaho Falls cattle ranch.

It might all be a coincidence, he said -- but the timing was peculiar.

VanderSloot gave the pro-Romney money last year to the super PAC “Restore of Future.” Then in April, he was identified along with seven other donors on an Obama campaign website as “wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records.”

At the time, VanderSloot spoke out and accused the campaign of targeting him unfairly. Then came the audits.

“It seems coincidental, but who knows,” VanderSloot told FoxNews.com Tuesday. “The problem is the president made the list, and 61 days later I get the first letter. One has to ask: Is the fact I’m being shot at the result of having a target on my back? … Was the list made with that intent?”

VanderSloot expected some scrutiny, considering he is a co-chairman on the Romney campaign, and years of contributing to state and national races had already exposed him to the rough-and-tumble world of politics. 

He has also been targeted by liberal bloggers and an opposition research team that directed an investigator to poke around his local courthouse, looking at divorce records and other cases.

Yet VanderSloot, owner of the Melaleuca wellness product company,  never expected to be branded on an presidential campaign website as a “litigious, combative and bitter foe of the gay rights movement.”

“I had never heard anybody say that,” said VanderSloot, who speculated the anti-gay claim is largely the result of him about 13 years ago opposing the film “It’s Elementary -- Talking about Gay Issues in School” airing on public TV because it was not suitable for viewing by young children.

“Ninety percent of my gay friends agreed,” he said.

VanderSloot was prescient in his public comments after appearing on the list, musing on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor” about whether the list was perhaps a tip-sheet for media critics or federal agencies.

“Am I going to get a call from the FDA … or the IRS?” he said Tuesday, echoing his comments from the show.

Still, the 63-year-old VanderSloot doesn’t think President Obama directly ordered the audits, because simply allowing the so-called "enemy list" to be posted on the original “Keeping GOP Honest” site was enough.

“I doubt he said, ‘Let’s get these guys,’ ” VanderSloot said.

The Obama campaign did not return an email seeking comment. Representatives from the IRS and Labor Department also did not return requests for comment.

The documents requested by the IRS have been turned over to his accountant, VanderSloot said, and the Labor Department audit is just getting started, but he will fully comply and expects no problems.

"I’m not worried,” he said. “We’ll be fine.”

VanderSloot also said the scrutiny has only strengthened his commitment to stay engaged in the political system.

“I am not going to stay away,” he said. “This has given me even more resolve that we need a new president.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/24/romney-donor-bashed-by-obama-campaign-now-target-two-federal-audits/

>:(

Strassel: The IRS Scandal Started at the Top
The bureaucrats at the Internal Revenue Service did exactly what the president said was the right and honorable thing to do.
By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

Was the White House involved in the IRS's targeting of conservatives? No investigation needed to answer that one. Of course it was.

President Obama and Co. are in full deniability mode, noting that the IRS is an "independent" agency and that they knew nothing about its abuse. The media and Congress are sleuthing for some hint that Mr. Obama picked up the phone and sicced the tax dogs on his enemies.

But that's not how things work in post-Watergate Washington. Mr. Obama didn't need to pick up the phone. All he needed to do was exactly what he did do, in full view, for three years: Publicly suggest that conservative political groups were engaged in nefarious deeds; publicly call out by name political opponents whom he'd like to see harassed; and publicly have his party pressure the IRS to take action.

Mr. Obama now professes shock and outrage that bureaucrats at the IRS did exactly what the president of the United States said was the right and honorable thing to do. "He put a target on our backs, and he's now going to blame the people who are shooting at us?" asks Idaho businessman and longtime Republican donor Frank VanderSloot.

Enlarge Image

Getty Images
At the White House, President Obama addresses the IRS scandal, May 15.

Mr. VanderSloot is the Obama target who in 2011 made a sizable donation to a group supporting Mitt Romney. In April 2012, an Obama campaign website named and slurred eight Romney donors. It tarred Mr. VanderSloot as a "wealthy individual" with a "less-than-reputable record." Other donors were described as having been "on the wrong side of the law."

This was the Obama version of the phone call—put out to every government investigator (and liberal activist) in the land.

Twelve days later, a man working for a political opposition-research firm called an Idaho courthouse for Mr. VanderSloot's divorce records. In June, the IRS informed Mr. VanderSloot and his wife of an audit of two years of their taxes. In July, the Department of Labor informed him of an audit of the guest workers on his Idaho cattle ranch. In September, the IRS informed him of a second audit, of one of his businesses. Mr. VanderSloot, who had never been audited before, was subject to three in the four months after Mr. Obama teed him up for such scrutiny.

The last of these audits was only concluded in recent weeks. Not one resulted in a fine or penalty. But Mr. VanderSloot has been waiting more than 20 months for a sizable refund and estimates his legal bills are $80,000. That figure doesn't account for what the president's vilification has done to his business and reputation.

The Obama call for scrutiny wasn't a mistake; it was the president's strategy—one pursued throughout 2012. The way to limit Romney money was to intimidate donors from giving. Donate, and the president would at best tie you to Big Oil or Wall Street, at worst put your name in bold, and flag you as "less than reputable" to everyone who worked for him: the IRS, the SEC, the Justice Department. The president didn't need a telephone; he had a megaphone.

The same threat was made to conservative groups that might dare play in the election. As early as January 2010, Mr. Obama would, in his state of the union address, cast aspersions on the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling, claiming that it "reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests" (read conservative groups).

The president derided "tea baggers." Vice President Joe Biden compared them to "terrorists." In more than a dozen speeches Mr. Obama raised the specter that these groups represented nefarious interests that were perverting elections. "Nobody knows who's paying for these ads," he warned. "We don't know where this money is coming from," he intoned.

In case the IRS missed his point, he raised the threat of illegality: "All around this country there are groups with harmless-sounding names like Americans for Prosperity, who are running millions of dollars of ads against Democratic candidates . . . And they don't have to say who exactly the Americans for Prosperity are. You don't know if it's a foreign-controlled corporation."

Short of directly asking federal agencies to investigate these groups, this is as close as it gets. Especially as top congressional Democrats were putting in their own versions of phone calls, sending letters to the IRS that accused it of having "failed to address" the "problem" of groups that were "improperly engaged" in campaigns. Because guess who controls that "independent" agency's budget?

The IRS is easy to demonize, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum. It got its heading from a president, and his party, who did in fact send it orders—openly, for the world to see. In his Tuesday press grilling, no question agitated White House Press Secretary Jay Carney more than the one that got to the heart of the matter: Given the president's "animosity" toward Citizens United, might he have "appreciated or wanted the IRS to be looking and scrutinizing those . . ." Mr. Carney cut off the reporter with "That's a preposterous assertion."

Preposterous because, according to Mr. Obama, he is "outraged" and "angry" that the IRS looked into the very groups and individuals that he spent years claiming were shady, undemocratic, even lawbreaking. After all, he expects the IRS to "operate with absolute integrity." Even when he does not.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324767004578487332636180800.html?mod=ITP_opinion_0

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2013, 07:05:35 PM »
Gibson, Boein, Tea Party, Koch bros, bush, fox news , rove, you name it. 

>:(

Strassel: The IRS Scandal Started at the Top
The bureaucrats at the Internal Revenue Service did exactly what the president said was the right and honorable thing to do.
By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

Was the White House involved in the IRS's targeting of conservatives? No investigation needed to answer that one. Of course it was.

President Obama and Co. are in full deniability mode, noting that the IRS is an "independent" agency and that they knew nothing about its abuse. The media and Congress are sleuthing for some hint that Mr. Obama picked up the phone and sicced the tax dogs on his enemies.

But that's not how things work in post-Watergate Washington. Mr. Obama didn't need to pick up the phone. All he needed to do was exactly what he did do, in full view, for three years: Publicly suggest that conservative political groups were engaged in nefarious deeds; publicly call out by name political opponents whom he'd like to see harassed; and publicly have his party pressure the IRS to take action.

Mr. Obama now professes shock and outrage that bureaucrats at the IRS did exactly what the president of the United States said was the right and honorable thing to do. "He put a target on our backs, and he's now going to blame the people who are shooting at us?" asks Idaho businessman and longtime Republican donor Frank VanderSloot.

Enlarge Image

Getty Images
At the White House, President Obama addresses the IRS scandal, May 15.

Mr. VanderSloot is the Obama target who in 2011 made a sizable donation to a group supporting Mitt Romney. In April 2012, an Obama campaign website named and slurred eight Romney donors. It tarred Mr. VanderSloot as a "wealthy individual" with a "less-than-reputable record." Other donors were described as having been "on the wrong side of the law."

This was the Obama version of the phone call—put out to every government investigator (and liberal activist) in the land.

Twelve days later, a man working for a political opposition-research firm called an Idaho courthouse for Mr. VanderSloot's divorce records. In June, the IRS informed Mr. VanderSloot and his wife of an audit of two years of their taxes. In July, the Department of Labor informed him of an audit of the guest workers on his Idaho cattle ranch. In September, the IRS informed him of a second audit, of one of his businesses. Mr. VanderSloot, who had never been audited before, was subject to three in the four months after Mr. Obama teed him up for such scrutiny.

The last of these audits was only concluded in recent weeks. Not one resulted in a fine or penalty. But Mr. VanderSloot has been waiting more than 20 months for a sizable refund and estimates his legal bills are $80,000. That figure doesn't account for what the president's vilification has done to his business and reputation.

The Obama call for scrutiny wasn't a mistake; it was the president's strategy—one pursued throughout 2012. The way to limit Romney money was to intimidate donors from giving. Donate, and the president would at best tie you to Big Oil or Wall Street, at worst put your name in bold, and flag you as "less than reputable" to everyone who worked for him: the IRS, the SEC, the Justice Department. The president didn't need a telephone; he had a megaphone.

The same threat was made to conservative groups that might dare play in the election. As early as January 2010, Mr. Obama would, in his state of the union address, cast aspersions on the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling, claiming that it "reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests" (read conservative groups).

The president derided "tea baggers." Vice President Joe Biden compared them to "terrorists." In more than a dozen speeches Mr. Obama raised the specter that these groups represented nefarious interests that were perverting elections. "Nobody knows who's paying for these ads," he warned. "We don't know where this money is coming from," he intoned.

In case the IRS missed his point, he raised the threat of illegality: "All around this country there are groups with harmless-sounding names like Americans for Prosperity, who are running millions of dollars of ads against Democratic candidates . . . And they don't have to say who exactly the Americans for Prosperity are. You don't know if it's a foreign-controlled corporation."

Short of directly asking federal agencies to investigate these groups, this is as close as it gets. Especially as top congressional Democrats were putting in their own versions of phone calls, sending letters to the IRS that accused it of having "failed to address" the "problem" of groups that were "improperly engaged" in campaigns. Because guess who controls that "independent" agency's budget?

The IRS is easy to demonize, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum. It got its heading from a president, and his party, who did in fact send it orders—openly, for the world to see. In his Tuesday press grilling, no question agitated White House Press Secretary Jay Carney more than the one that got to the heart of the matter: Given the president's "animosity" toward Citizens United, might he have "appreciated or wanted the IRS to be looking and scrutinizing those . . ." Mr. Carney cut off the reporter with "That's a preposterous assertion."

Preposterous because, according to Mr. Obama, he is "outraged" and "angry" that the IRS looked into the very groups and individuals that he spent years claiming were shady, undemocratic, even lawbreaking. After all, he expects the IRS to "operate with absolute integrity." Even when he does not.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324767004578487332636180800.html?mod=ITP_opinion_0

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2013, 07:44:09 PM »
Name a time in the recent past where a GOP candidate for anything has directly targeted democratic campaign donors by publicizing their personal information or making their names public.

These "common knowledge" proclamations made by numbskulled sheep to the effect of "nobody is better than anybody else and everybody is the best at everything", has to stop. How about some actual, factual evidence?

Yeah I know, get the money out of politics, the republicans are as bad as the democrats, Hugo Chavez was kidding when he said he wanted to fuck the corpse of Simon Bolivar-- etc. etc.---  ::)

Show me something besides your feeble minded attempt to perpetuate a lie because your too stupid to do your own research.
this wasn't remotely the first time "who's donating" has been an issue used in a campaign ::)  I'm not even defending Obama, I can't stand him but this is silly.  The article made it sound like he gathered the list when the list is open for anybody to see already.  I have a lot of complaints about Obama, this isn't one lol.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »
Man, that was a year ago.

I don't even remember why I went after you in this thread.

I probably saw the moderator decals and thought you were Oz.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2013, 09:10:25 PM »
just saw there was something I didn't answer because it was bumped.  I didn't bump it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
New enemies on the list. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 10:53:05 AM »
Hillary has a list too. 

Kerry, Kennedy top Clinton's traitor list
By Niall Stanage

Aides on Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign kept a detailed list of party colleagues who staffers believed had betrayed her during the long and bitter primary battle with President Obama, a new book reveals.

The list included rankings, with those who were considered the most egregious traitors by Clinton loyalists receiving the worst possible score of 7 on a point scale.

Then-Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), who would ultimately succeed Clinton as Secretary of State in the Obama administration, was among those receiving the blackest of black marks, according to the book HRC: State Secrets and the Rebirth of Hillary Clinton by The Hill’s Amie Parnes and Politico’s Jonathan Allen.

So too was Kerry’s Senate colleague from Massachusetts, Edward Kennedy, who died in 2009. Also on the political hit-list were Sens. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.), Bob Casey (D-Pa.) and Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) as well as Reps. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) and Rob Andrews (D-N.J.) and former Rep. Baron Hill (D-Ind.).

The book makes clear the depth of the wounds inflicted during the primary struggle.

“Years later,” Parnes and Allen write, Clinton aides “would joke about the fates of folks who they felt had betrayed them. ‘Bill Richardson: investigated; John Edwards: disgraced by scandal; Chris Dodd: stepped down,’ one said to another. ‘Ted Kennedy,’ the aide continued, lowering his voice to a whisper for the punch line, ‘dead.’”

Kerry was the Democratic Party’s standard-bearer in the 2004 presidential election and President Clinton had campaigned hard for him in the final stretch of that campaign, even though he was recovering from major heart surgery at the time.

In 2008, however, Kerry did not merely endorse Obama; he did so at a very vulnerable time for the then-senator from Illinois. Having won the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses, Obama then lost the New Hampshire primary to Clinton despite holding a large lead in almost all opinion polls.

Two days later, Kerry appeared at a rally with Obama in South Carolina. “Who better than Barack Obama to turn a new page in American politics so that Democrats, independents and Republicans alike can look to the leadership that unites to find common ground?” he said.

The reference to a “new page” was most obviously a criticism of the administration of President George W. Bush, who had vanquished Kerry in 2004. But it was also seen by some as a jab at the Clintons, whom the Obama campaign was trying to paint as synonymous with politics as usual.

Leahy endorsed Obama approximately one week later. Rockefeller would do so at the end of February and Casey at the end of March. Casey’s endorsement came amid a full-court press from the Clinton campaign to win the April primary in his state of Pennsylvania by a convincing margin. They accomplished that goal, but it was not enough to halt Obama’s momentum on his way to the nomination.

HRC will be published by Crown on Feb. 11. It will tell the inside story of Clinton’s relationship with Obama, and of how she recovered after the bruising 2008 campaign and restored her political standing.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/195192-kerry-kennedy-top-clintons-traitor-list#ixzz2qJ2RnEuy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »
Hillary is as corrupt as they get - a political thug in her own right

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 11:27:06 AM »
Dr. Ben Carson Blasts 'Gestapo' IRS Tactics
Monday, 10 Feb 2014
By David A. Patten

Dr. Benjamin Carson, the former director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital who is considered a possible GOP contender for the 2016 GOP nomination, told Newsmax TV on Monday that he and his family have been personally targeted by the IRS in retribution for his frank critique of President Obama’s policies at the February 2013 National Prayer Breakfast.

Carson said audits and other harassment began in May or June of 2013 and gradually expanded to include family members, associates, and his charitable endeavors.

"I’ve been quite I would say astonished at the level of hostility that I have encountered," Carson said in an exclusive interview with host John Bachman on "America’s Forum" on Newsmax TV.

"The IRS has investigated me. They said, ‘I want to look at your real estate holdings.’ There was nothing there. ‘Well, let’s expand to an entire [year], everything.’ There was nothing there. ‘Let’s do another year.’ Finally, after a few months, they went away. But they’ve come after my family, they’ve come after my friends, they’ve come after associates."

Carson received the presidential Medal of Freedom from former President George W. Bush in 2008. Previously, he has stated that he was audited by the IRS under unusual circumstances but has shied away from drawing a direct link between his opposition to the president’s policies and the IRS audits.

"You know," Carson told Newsmax TV, "we live in a Gestapo age, people don’t realize it. But what I say is the Congress has to, at some point, step up to the plate. The reason we have divided government is if one branch of the government gets out of control, starts thinking they’re too big for their britches, you need to be able to have control."

Carson said the audits, which began a few months after his remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast, marked the first time he had been audited in his life.

He also said a charitable organization that aids inmates’ children was informed last year, for the first time in recent years, that they would no longer be receiving a $1 million annual grant from the Justice Department.

"This is solely because you were involved?" Bachman asked.

"Correct," Carson replied, adding: "…They’ve come after my children in terms of their employment and things like this."

Carson declined to elaborate specifically on how his family had been affected.

"It is very disturbing," he said. "I don’t really want to go into the details too much, because I don’t want them to further go after these organizations, charities, children etc.

"Because the problem right now is we as a society are just letting them do this. We sit there and we say, ‘Oh this is horrible.’ But we don’t do anything. And see, that’s what I’m trying to get our congressional people, our lawmakers – they’ve got to get courage. Because why would anybody who has an agenda to fundamentally change this nation, why would they stop if no one is opposing them?"

Pressed as to whether he feels he and his family were targeted out of retribution, Carson replied: "And probably will continue to do so. And this is what we have to stop.

"We cannot allow it," he continued. "The only reason that I haven’t shut up is because in Romans 8 it says ‘If God be for you, who can be against you?’ And I believe in that protection that God gives you."

Carson’s interview comes in the context of explosive testimony on Capitol Hill last week. It included charges by GOP super lawyer Cleta Mitchell that the IRS targeting — which singled out groups whose names contained words like "tea party" and "patriot," and sidetracked their applications for intensive review — continues against conservative organizations.

The conservative American Center for Law and Justice is pursuing a lawsuit on behalf of 41 grass-roots plaintiffs who were affected. ACLJ officials tell Newsmax many of those groups still have not received a ruling from the IRS on applications that date back as far as December of 2009.

Late last year, the IRS unveiled proposed new rules that would substantially limit the activities that "social welfare" organizations, such as those regulated by section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue code, would be permitted to engage in. Those regulations may be adopted later this year, and conservatives feel they add insult to injury by further limiting their activities.

Mitchell told Newsmax on Monday afternoon that Carson’s experience of suddenly being audited after taking a more active role in conservative politics sounds similar to the complaints of targeting that she’s received from many other conservatives. She called Carson’s experience "pretty scary."

"I have heard this same story over and over and over throughout the last year … as I’ve traveled and spoken all across the country," she says.

"I cannot tell you how many donors to conservative organizations, people who have become active, have said ‘I was never audited until I started giving money to X conservative candidate or cause.’"

She tells Newsmax the targeting includes Romney donors, Perry donors, and donors to conservative issue groups.

Mitchell says Carson’s experience "is not that different from what many others are experiencing. It’s quite, quite troublesome and disturbing."

Until recently Mitchell had resisted calls for Congress to request a special prosecutor, because the investigator would be designated by Attorney General Eric Holder, who himself has been at the center of several controversies involving the administration.

But Mitchell tells Newsmax she has changed her mind since learning Holder had appointed DOJ trial attorney Barbara Bosserman, who has donated over $6,700 to President Obama’s election campaigns and to the Democratic National Committee in recent years, to head the DOJ’s investigation into the handling of conservative organizations’ applications for non-profit status.

"The problem is the IRS is being allowed to just stonewall the investigation [of] the targeting of conservative groups," said Mitchell, who represents several grass-roots conservative organizations that have been affected.

She added: "It’s pretty scary because the people who are supposed to be the neutral arbiter and law enforcement officials appear to me to be completely in the bag for the administration.

"And the IRS appears to me to be doing exactly what Dr. Carson has said is happening. I think he’s exactly right. I hate to say it, but I agree with him. I’ve had too many people across the country say the same things to me. It’s just not possible that it is a coincidence. It’s not statistically possible.

"Suffice to say that I think that what Dr. Carson is describing is an experience that … far too many other Americans have had in the last four years," she said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ben-carson-targeted-irs/2014/02/10/id/552027#ixzz2t2kK5asr

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2014, 12:48:06 PM »
What a coincidence. 

Breitbart News says IRS targeted company for audit
Published September 09, 2014
FoxNews.com

The company that runs the conservative Breitbart.com news site says the IRS has selected the network for an audit, in a move company executives suggest is politically motivated.

Breitbart News Network, a California-based company which runs several conservative websites, says the IRS recently audited its 2012 financial information.

"The Obama administration's timing on this is exquisite, but try as they might through various methods to silence us, we will only get more emboldened,” Stephen K. Bannon, executive chairman of Breitbart News Network, said in a written statement.

The audit comes as the agency faces sustained complaints that it targeted conservative groups for extra scrutiny as they sought nonprofit status, before the agency ended the practice last year.

Since the practice was made public – by the IRS itself and the inspector general’s office – other conservative groups have come forward claiming they were subjected to unwarranted scrutiny by the agency.

In this case, it remains unclear whether the apparent audit of Breitbart News is anything out of the ordinary. The IRS conducts audits of tens of thousands of businesses every year.

The agency said in a statement: "Federal privacy laws prohibit the IRS from commenting on specific taxpayer situations. The IRS stresses that audits are based on the information related to tax returns and the underlying tax law -- nothing else. Audits are handled by career, non-partisan civil servants, and the IRS has safeguards in place to protect the exam process."

A copy of the IRS notice to Breitbart News, obtained by FoxNews.com, asked about the company’s financial information for calendar year 2012.

The IRS asked for a litany of documents, including logs of its receipts and expenses, but also its partnership agreement and a “written narrative” of the business.

Larry Solov, president and CEO of Breitbart News Network said: "We stand ready to cooperate with the Internal Revenue Service on its audit of our company, but this will not deter us in the least from continuing our aggressive coverage of this president or his administration.”

The company was founded by the late media entrepreneur and conservative activist Andrew Breitbart.

The main website, Breitbart.com, houses a number of offshoot sites including Big Hollywood and Big Journalism. The website played a key role in breaking the scandal over former Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner sharing sexually explicit photos on Twitter.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/09/breitbart-news-says-irs-targeted-company-for-audit/