Author Topic: Texas school shooting  (Read 24711 times)

Freemason

• Getbig III
  • Tree Trimmer Extraordinaire
Re: Texas school shooting
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2022, 06:20:05 AM »
We had less restrictions with firearms when I was growing up and things like this rarely happened. It’s when you start putting on restrictions is when shit hits the fan. Like here, Texas has strict rules regarding firearms around school campuses (gun free zones 🙄) and no firearms within a 1000 ft of school property.

Truth. We actually cleaned my agriculture teachers hunting rifles in class when I was in high school.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2022, 06:39:56 AM »
We had less restrictions with firearms when I was growing up and things like this rarely happened. It’s when you start putting on restrictions is when shit hits the fan. Like here, Texas has strict rules regarding firearms around school campuses (gun free zones 🙄) and no firearms within a 1000 ft of school property.

Plus, times are so much different than when we were kids. We went outside, played sports, lifted in neighbors' garages and basements, didnt really have video games, werent led around by a phone telling us how to act, etc.

If we acted up, we got our ass beat by our Dads, etc. Kids today are mentally damaged.

Kids today cry when their phone breaks down. Very weak mentally, physically, spiritually..

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2022, 06:50:44 AM »
Just about all public schools today have their own security force.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2022, 07:08:37 AM »
He entered the school with no one on the inside. I want to know what body armor he was supposedly using. A plate carry vest? Head gear? What? There’s always a shot to be taken body armor or not. It was tactical border patrol that eventually took him out. And yes, armed, trained staff could have medicated the killings. This is just flat out common sense.

“The suspect did crash near a ditch nearby the school," Estrada said. "That’s where he exited his vehicle with what I believe was a rifle and that’s when he attempted to enter the school where he was engaged by law enforcement. Unfortunately, he was able to enter the premises and then from there that’s when he entered several classrooms and started shooting his firearm.”
Estrada went on to say the gunman was seen with a "long rifle and backpack." The gunman was also wearing body armor, Estrada said.

the guy was engaged by police outside of the school and took two shots and it didnt stop him.  your proposed solution literally took place and failed. 

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2022, 07:15:25 AM »
Schools can pay for police. Cost of doing business. When education went the way of computers no one said “who’s gonna pay for all these laptops, desktops, and tablets?” did they? No just expanded the budget and paid for it. Most school boards have budgets rivaling their entire county government including police and fire services. They can do it without question they waste more money every year than the uniformed officers would cost.

LOL.  Totally retarded.

One cop's annual salary covers computers and tablets for an entire small town school, easy.  (Especially considering that schools usually buy chromebooks and other cheap computers at bulk discount rates.)  And that's to say nothing of pensions, the fact that you'd need a lot more than one guard, the fact that computers don't necessarily need to be replaced every year, etc.

Yeah, bro, let's just post 10 cops at every school.  Let's triple the size of most small town police departments.  What could go wrong?

America has a cultural/spiritual problem that won't be solved with "more security."  Making schools more prisonlike is 99.99% likely to make the problem much worse, actually.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2022, 07:43:44 AM »
America has a cultural/spiritual problem that won't be solved with "more security."  Making schools more prisonlike is 99.99% likely to make the problem much worse, actually.

agree 100% w your posts ITT.  school shootings are a symptom of a sick society with deeper issues, superficial interventions like gun control or armed security at schools are just bandaids concealing the wound

Freemason

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2022, 07:45:05 AM »
LOL.  Totally retarded.

One cop's annual salary covers computers and tablets for an entire small town school, easy.  (Especially considering that schools usually buy chromebooks and other cheap computers at bulk discount rates.)  And that's to say nothing of pensions, the fact that you'd need a lot more than one guard, the fact that computers don't necessarily need to be replaced every year, etc.

Yeah, bro, let's just post 10 cops at every school.  Let's triple the size of most small town police departments.  What could go wrong?

You sir, are obviously ignorant. I work for the government. I am very aware of what the budgets are and how they are spent.

For instance, let’s take Duval county in Florida. Not the biggest but maybe top 10 in size in the state.  They have an annual budget of 1.7 BILLION DOLLARS. Never mind the total budget for computers, they fucking OVERSPENT 1.6 MILLION DOLLARS on SOFTWARE alone. The total SOFTWARE budget was well north of 30 Million dollars. Not hardware, software.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/education/2017/10/10/duval-school-budget-woes-178-million/15776063007/

In the same city it costs about 150k per uniformed officer. You could put 6 officers at every school for generously figuring $150 million.

That is under 9% of the current budget. Now you tell me are the kids worth about $1000 per student per year to have security?

So instead of posting comments about shit you have ZERO clue about you should try educating yourself.

People who think we don’t need more security at schools are fools. They could ban every gun from every law buying citizen in this nation, and these killings would continue. You cannot stop someone who is willing to die from attempting foolhardy shit like this.

Freemason

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 07:54:15 AM »
Just to compare, we spend almost 3 BILLION dollars a year to protect 11 people. 6 living Presidents and 5 living VPs. I think our kids are worth more than those old fucks.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 08:08:39 AM »
Schools can pay for police. Cost of doing business. When education went the way of computers no one said “who’s gonna pay for all these laptops, desktops, and tablets?” did they? No just expanded the budget and paid for it. Most school boards have budgets rivaling their entire county government including police and fire services. They can do it without question they waste more money every year than the uniformed officers would cost.

Hundreds of school districts throughout the country removed SROs and canceled their law enforcement contracts during all the defund the police bullshit.
:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2022, 08:15:05 AM »
the guy was engaged by police outside of the school and took two shots and it didnt stop him.  your proposed solution literally took place and failed.
If he was engaged outside of the school, how did a Border Patrol agent end up killing him? Did the cop that engaged him first just back off and hide?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2022, 08:23:15 AM »
https://publicintegrity.org/education/criminalizing-kids/milwaukee-school-district-defunded-police-but-it-keeps-calling-them-back-in/

The Milwaukee Public Schools canceled its contract with the city police department in June 2020, but the policy change has not stopped staff from summoning officers to schools. In the first two months of the current school year, administrators at Milwaukee high schools called police more than 200 times

Q: Should the Milwaukee Public Schools reconsider its decision to remove school resource officers from campuses?

Susej Paura-Martinez:

Instead of spending money on police officers, we should hire more tutors, anger management therapists, people that will help kids not be angry. Police officers make the kids angry. So I feel we should hire more people that will help us, not police officers.
Susej Paura-Martinez:

Police bring fear into the children, the Black children in our school buildings. There should be more tutors, not police officers. I feel we shouldn’t invest our money, millions of dollars into police officers when they’re not even going to do [anything] but make it worse.

:

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2022, 08:34:36 AM »

Police bring fear into the children, the Black children in our school buildings. There should be more tutors, not police officers. I feel we shouldn’t invest our money, millions of dollars into police officers when they’re not even going to do [anything] but make it worse.

Black kids are programmed that Cops are the enemies, thx to Libturd media and current admin.
Most are killed by cops while commiting violent crimes. Of course there have been some innocents affected (for every race).

Libz sure are brain-dead...

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2022, 08:36:03 AM »
Black kids are programmed that Cops are the enemies, thx to Libturd media and current admin.
Most are killed by cops while commiting violent crimes. Of course there have been some innocents affected (for every race).

Most kids avoid being shot by cops by simply behaving themselves...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2022, 08:51:39 AM »

I do think that American police has a very quick finger on the trigger (Compared to most european countries). But maybe that's the price to pay for a multicultural/ethnic society.

Law/discipline must be enforced by force.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2022, 08:55:21 AM »
Schools Taxpayers can pay for police. Cost of doing business. When education went the way of computers no one said “who’s gonna pay for all these laptops, desktops, and tablets?” did they? No just expanded the budget and paid for it. Most school boards have budgets rivaling their entire county government including police and fire services. They can do it without question they waste more money every year than the uniformed officers would cost.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2022, 10:06:02 AM »
That Tranny man-porker does appear to be a different person possibly.

Looks similar to the Night Stalker from the 1980's.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2022, 10:19:29 AM »
These kinds of things never used to happen, what’s changed? Lack of a nuclear family, demographic changes, liberal ideology...

All of the above and policy

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2022, 10:23:20 AM »

Where exactly in my statement was I wrong? Also, it’s being reported that there was a school resource officer that was in a gun fight with the shooter. The officer forced the shooter to drop his backpack full of ammo which gave him time for a tactical team to get there.

He shot kids locked in a class room.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2022, 10:34:32 AM »

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2022, 10:40:15 AM »
You sir, are obviously ignorant. I work for the government. I am very aware of what the budgets are and how they are spent.

For instance, let’s take Duval county in Florida. Not the biggest but maybe top 10 in size in the state.  They have an annual budget of 1.7 BILLION DOLLARS. Never mind the total budget for computers, they fucking OVERSPENT 1.6 MILLION DOLLARS on SOFTWARE alone. The total SOFTWARE budget was well north of 30 Million dollars. Not hardware, software.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/education/2017/10/10/duval-school-budget-woes-178-million/15776063007/

In the same city it costs about 150k per uniformed officer. You could put 6 officers at every school for generously figuring $150 million.

That is under 9% of the current budget. Now you tell me are the kids worth about $1000 per student per year to have security?

So instead of posting comments about shit you have ZERO clue about you should try educating yourself.

Holy shit this is retarded.

"Let's take Duval county in Florida"

Cherry pick much?

Duval county population: 1,000,000.

Now let's compare with Uvalde county.  Population: 27,000.

Duval county is one of the largest counties in the United States.  It's in the top 50.  (Of 3006 in total.)  Most of the nation's rural areas are nothing like it.

Duval County Public Schools is the 20th largest school district in the nation.  Of course they have large budgets.

In Uvalde, however, the total annual budget is roughly as large as Duval county's software budget.  It's about 30-40M.

There are 10 schools in Uvalde.  Six officers at each (which is a completely dystopian notion) would cost the district another $30M at just $50,000 per year, per officer.

So you're basically asking them to double their entire operating budget, for something that might not work, and is actually very likely to make things worse.  Great policy suggestion, bro.

Besides, this sort of thing would ultimately come out of your property taxes, which are already at an insanely high level. 

Whatever the right solution is, it's certainly not "more armed guards in schools." 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2022, 11:06:03 AM »
Leftist stupidity from Paulina Porizkov:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd---4LOn2J/

BRUTALIFTRUE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »
These kinds of things never used to happen, what’s changed? Lack of a nuclear family, demographic changes, liberal ideology...

The existence of social media.. FB, Instagram, etc

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2022, 11:20:23 AM »
The existence of social media.. FB, Instagram, etc
Columbine?

Freemason

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2022, 11:31:19 AM »
Holy shit this is retarded.

"Let's take Duval county in Florida"

Cherry pick much?

Duval county population: 1,000,000.

Now let's compare with Uvalde county.  Population: 27,000.

Duval county is one of the largest counties in the United States.  It's in the top 50.  (Of 3006 in total.)  Most of the nation's rural areas are nothing like it.

Duval County Public Schools is the 20th largest school district in the nation.  Of course they have large budgets.

In Uvalde, however, the total annual budget is roughly as large as Duval county's software budget.  It's about 30-40M.

There are 10 schools in Uvalde.  Six officers at each (which is a completely dystopian notion) would cost the district another $30M at just $50,000 per year, per officer.

So you're basically asking them to double their entire operating budget, for something that might not work, and is actually very likely to make things worse.  Great policy suggestion, bro.

Besides, this sort of thing would ultimately come out of your property taxes, which are already at an insanely high level. 

Whatever the right solution is, it's certainly not "more armed guards in schools."

Actually dipshit 60 officers at 50k is $3 million, or about 10% of their budget. Exactly the same percentage as the county I used dumbass. They wouldn’t even be using them all year, about 180 days a year the community would have those officers for a ton of other purposes outside of their school tasks.

Your school should’ve spent more money on mathematics.

Ironat your correction is exactly right, it would be the taxpayers paying for this. I completely understand but this is one expense I would fully support, Unlike the millions of dollars my local government wastes on bullshit. But I don’t disagree with you we would have to pay for this. I just feel it’s worth it and my son has already graduated so I would be paying for everyone else without complaint.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2022, 11:31:58 AM »
Are you one of those government employees sucking the tit of the tax payers?