Author Topic: Texas school shooting  (Read 25081 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Texas school shooting
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2022, 04:29:56 PM »

Man, I own many guns and am all for self defense, but teachers shouldn’t have to arm themselves. The real problem is mentally ill people killing people with guns. We have to address that problem, although we won’t. Sadly, because we won’t address mental illness properly, I see the country having to surrender their guns before pushing back on the issues that cause these mass killings.

No, they shouldn't but this is what it's coming down too. The safe place for kids SHOULD be schools and the protectors during that time they're in school should be the teachers and administration. Sadly, those times are gone or at the very least, going.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2022, 04:33:05 PM »
There was a deputy/SRO on duty at Parkland.  Didn't deter shit.  Pissed his pants and went off somewhere to hide.

You're missing my point. Its unlikely the parkland shooter knew there was an officer present. Visible police are a deterent.

Second the officers actions were highly mischaracterized by the media.

The response to an active shooter has undergone several changes over the years. At one time the prevailing training recommended officers wait to form a "pod" of at least three and ideally 5 officers before going alone to neutralize a threat.

After numerous studies showed that most activs shooters take their own lives when confronted by law enforcement the philosophy changed. Also when shooters did engage with police the police had a high su cess rate. So the new recommendation was first officer to arrive should challenge the threat immediately.

Go figure that no media ever webt out of their way to mention this. At the time he was following what had been widely accepted trai ing on the subject.

Easy to call someone a coward from the cheap seats bitch. When was the last time you ran directly at someone shooting an automatic weapon?

In any event your arguments fucking suck.

99:% of active shooters will choose to avoid conflict with police in favor of a more target rich environment and over 60% take their own lives rather than engage with law enforcement.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2022, 04:37:38 PM »
No, they shouldn't but this is what it's coming down too. The safe place for kids SHOULD be schools and the protectors during that time they're in school should be the teachers and administration. Sadly, those times are gone or at the very least, going.

We need to change how we treat mental health in this country, not arm teachers or take away guns from law abiding citizens. This kid, the news say “had no history of mental illness”. What the fuck is that about? The kid was a tranny, and with cancel culture nobody wants to state the obvious. The kid is mentally fucked up to have those thoughts in his head. Probably got bullied bad too.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2022, 04:42:47 PM »
Theaters are also soft targets.  As are nursing homes, concerts, nightclubs, and many other places where people congregate.  (See, e.g., the Pulse nightclub shooting, the Las Vegas shooting, the Paris concert shooting, etc.)

Not nearly as soft as schools, especially elementary schools, Nursing Homes, Night Clubs all have security in place, it comes down to training. The Vegas shooting, for whatever reason is still unsolved and the shooter used a sniper rifle with a high power scope from a high shooting point. You act like all shootings can be avoided, they can't but shootings in schools can be mitigated

So why does this keep happening at schools?  Because, as I mentioned previously, schools are prisonlike and breed despair, nihilism, and hatred.  Making schools more prisonlike by enhancing obvious security measures isn't going to solve the problem.  It'll probably make it worse. 

It happens in schools because, again, they are soft targets, "gun free zones" where the shooter knows firearms are not allowed with the exception of security if there is any. They are cowards

"Let's have every small town triple its number of cops" is sheer lunacy.

Gun control isn't the answer, either, for obvious reasons.

There might be a technical solution.  A ring of sensors around the school, hooked up to a 24/7 AI that does facial recognition and can identify objects like long guns, which itself is linked to a drone swarm that can be activated at a moment's notice.  The swarm does not know fear, would not cower at the sound of gunshots, and could be armed with lethal/non-lethal compliance measures.  This solution might be invisible when not in use, and it would only respond to live threats -- it wouldn't give you fucking speeding tickets. 

That won't stop anyone. If they want to get in they will find away. If anything it's added security and I'm not against it, but if the shooter gets in, they ONLY alternative before the cops, swat or tactical team gets there is too arm certain individuals within the school. PERIOD

The tech is probably not ready yet, though.  The sensors and AI components are solved problems, but nobody has figured out how to weaponize drone swarms.  Well, plenty of incentive right now, I suppose.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2022, 04:43:15 PM »
We need to change how we treat mental health in this country, not arm teachers or take away guns from law abiding citizens. This kid, the news say “had no history of mental illness”. What the fuck is that about? The kid was a tranny, and with cancel culture nobody wants to state the obvious. The kid is mentally fucked up to have those thoughts in his head. Probably got bullied bad too.

This.

Fat acceptance is another huge problem in our society. It just kills us slower.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2022, 04:44:04 PM »
You're missing my point. Its unlikely the parkland shooter knew there was an officer present. Visible police are a deterent.

99:% of active shooters will choose to avoid conflict with police in favor of a more target rich environment and over 60% take their own lives rather than engage with law enforcement.

Source: My ass.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »

This will probably be the dirty little secret. Hispanics along with blacks are the most homophobic groups.

He probably had enough being called “Maricon.”

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2022, 04:45:22 PM »

Problem is most shooters have been reported BEFORE anything happens. They get interviewed, they get evaluated, deemed having mental issues. The authorities already know about these people but nothing gets done until it's too late.

Freemason

• Getbig III
  • Tree Trimmer Extraordinaire
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2022, 04:59:23 PM »

The response to an active shooter has undergone several changes over the years. At one time the prevailing training recommended officers wait to form a "pod" of at least three and ideally 5 officers before going alone to neutralize a threat.

After numerous studies showed that most activs shooters take their own lives when confronted by law enforcement the philosophy changed. Also when shooters did engage with police the police had a high su cess rate. So the new recommendation was first officer to arrive should challenge the threat immediately.

Go figure that no media ever webt out of their way to mention this. At the time he was following what had been widely accepted trai ing on the subject.

Easy to call someone a coward from the cheap seats bitch. When was the last time you ran directly at someone shooting an automatic weapon?

In any event your arguments fucking suck.

You are correct about most shooters either give up or kill themselves when confronted by an armed police officer. The coward comment though- I will say if the shoe fits wear it. I have trained in active shooter drills. Most cops I trained with I have no doubt would put their lives on the line and absolutely charge an armed shooter at a school without hesitation. That’s what they are paid for. The 343 firefighters that died in the trade center mostly KNEW they were likely going to die. They did not hesitate. Comes with the territory and I have the high ground in this statement as I have personally put my life at risk when confronted with doing something that might save a life.

The only way to stop school shootings is to place multiple armed officers standing outside the school all 180 days of the school year. I don’t care how low-percentage the probability is- you have a similar probability of your house catching fire but millions are spent in every community to have staffed fire apparatus 24/7 to protect inanimate structures. That’s right-you should know fire departments were started to protect insurance companies from paying for buildings. Not to protect your life.

Since I happen to know plenty of school teachers I can tell you pretty much every one agrees with me and would WELCOME the police presence outside.

The village idiot claiming small towns would have to double their force is talking out of his ass. Schools are run by counties not cities. Schools are in numbers relative to population-same as cops. Many of these assignments could also be paid overtime off duty in appropriate cases.

Anyone that thinks money is standing in the way is fooling themselves. The government can find money for absolutely anything if the politicians want it. 53 billion sent to Ukraine would cover half a million dollars for every public school in the US.

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2022, 05:44:15 PM »
Spot on!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2022, 05:48:25 PM »
Spot on!

If you came on here to troll like you usually do, you can fuck right off

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2022, 05:56:05 PM »
If you came on here to troll like you usually do, you can fuck right off

Whatever man.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2022, 05:56:55 PM »
Problem is most shooters have been reported BEFORE anything happens. They get interviewed, they get evaluated, deemed having mental issues. The authorities already know about these people but nothing gets done until it's too late.

I think where you and I differ here is, I believe mentally I’ll people forfeit their right to own or buy guns, and it sounds like you believe everybody deserves their second amendment right to bear arms/buy guns until their actions deem otherwise. Sometimes it’s too late. I do not think that just because we limit who’s allowed to buy guns, that it begins the process of outlawing guns for everyone.

[/quote]

Spot on!

You’re a fucking idiot Oak/Howard/Prudence. That Facebook post makes no sense.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »

I think where you and I differ here is, I believe mentally I’ll people forfeit their right to own or buy guns, and it sounds like you believe everybody deserves their second amendment right to bear arms/buy guns until their actions deem otherwise. Sometimes it’s too late. I do not think that just because we limit who’s allowed to buy guns, that it begins the process of outlawing guns for everyone.

We actually agree to a certain point. I’m for certain red flag laws as long as its warranted. Like I said, the shooters in almost all shootings were red flagged by authorities and nothing was done until it was too late.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2022, 06:11:23 PM »

It makes MORE sense than being pro life AND pro guns.

::)

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2022, 06:13:40 PM »
Spot on!

You left out the tweet where he apologized immediately.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2022, 06:15:41 PM »
It’s called…..”common sense”.

🙄

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2022, 06:16:32 PM »
▫️

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2022, 06:24:15 PM »

🙄

If you don’t think overall violence in the UK hasn’t gone up since you’re higher than a fucking kite. Fuck off

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2022, 06:25:38 PM »

🙄

Keep out of shit you know nothing about. You don’t like guns. Keep people from protecting themselves and families…got it. Fuck head

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2022, 06:26:34 PM »
If you don’t think overall violence in the UK hasn’t gone up since you’re higher than a fucking kite. Fuck off

🙄

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »
Keep out of shit you know nothing about. You don’t like guns. Keep people from protecting themselves and families…got it. Fuck head

🙄🙄

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2022, 06:30:18 PM »

🙄🙄🙄

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2022, 06:35:04 PM »
🙄🙄🙄

we have had the most immigration of any of those countries

sweden should be interesting to track though

germany too

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2022, 06:41:58 PM »

The literature contradicts EVERYTHING you’ve just said.