Author Topic: Guy doing push-ups in front of Stallone & detained by police  (Read 11925 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Guy doing push-ups in front of Stallone & detained by police
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »
I don't think someone doing pushups in front of stallone who is famous for doing his 1 armed pushups in rocky would be considered "high or off your meds"

stated that way, I agree. However I doubt it was as simple as that. Neither of us have the whole story so we are both likely allowing our personal experiences to bring us to different conclusions but from my experience, it wouldn't be unlikely that the gentlemen caused some concern among the crowd with his very sincere, somewhat over the top (pun intended) display and mannerisms.

Had we watched that on CNN with a follow up story that the guy later emptied a gun into the crowd because Stallone wouldn't sign him to a contract, we would probably hear a lot of "Why didn't the police do something about that guy when they had the chance, he was obvously high!" So you can't win for losing.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010, 03:55:02 PM »
"Escaped"? So that's what you do, when shit gets alil too deep, you run? Instead of confronting the problem, you run? Yep, maybe Martin and Malcolm X should have taken that route...or how about our peeps during the American Revolution? Yep, running works, doesn't it?

For a long time I was politically active in the USA and I was looking for some kind of a group or movement that was ready to "do something about it". But no such group exists.

America is on lockdown and the people are to sheepish and lazy for any kind of revolutionary activity. And all the social, legal, and economic problems there make it a very undesirable place to live.

Right now there is no Malcolm X, MLK, or Che in the USA. And if one of them came up the CIA would put a bullet in their head.

Alex23

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »
For a long time I was politically active in the USA and I was looking for some kind of a group or movement that was ready to "do something about it". But no such group exists.

America is on lockdown and the people are to sheepish and lazy for any kind of revolutionary activity. And all the social, legal, and economic problems there make it a very undesirable place to live.

Right now there is no Malcolm X, MLK, or Che in the USA. And if one of them came up the CIA would put a bullet in their head.

Do you live in the States?

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
Do you live in the States?

Not now. But I am American and lived in the states until my mid 20's.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:21 PM »
I read that this guy was already arrested for jumping the fence at Stallone's house trying to meet him so it makes sense that the cops kicked his ass out when he showed up again.

Alex23

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
Not now. But I am American and lived in the states until my mid 20's.

Were you born in the US?

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »
Were you born in the US?

Yes. Why are you asking me all this?

Alex23

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »
Yes. Why are you asking me all this?

Trying to understand your "point of view"...

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »
Trying to understand your "point of view"...

The USA..... be a passive sheep, or be labeled a terrorist.

Forget the revolutionary spirit the USA was founded on, forget all that. Washington, Jefferson, they were all terrorists too.

Alex23

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »
The USA..... be a passive sheep, or be labeled a terrorist.

Forget the revolutionary spirit the USA was founded on, forget all that. Washington, Jefferson, they were all terrorists too.

Absolutely not true...

Ever heard of the Tea Party?

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »
Absolutely not true...

Ever heard of the Tea Party?

Well then why are you suggesting that i'm a terrorist just because i'm raising legitamite complaints about the US?

I guess you're just talking shit?

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
stated that way, I agree. However I doubt it was as simple as that. Neither of us have the whole story so we are both likely allowing our personal experiences to bring us to different conclusions but from my experience, it wouldn't be unlikely that the gentlemen caused some concern among the crowd with his very sincere, somewhat over the top (pun intended) display and mannerisms.

Had we watched that on CNN with a follow up story that the guy later emptied a gun into the crowd because Stallone wouldn't sign him to a contract, we would probably hear a lot of "Why didn't the police do something about that guy when they had the chance, he was obvously high!" So you can't win for losing.  

with that kind of reasoning you can justify everything. It's very dangerous when you leat fear rule too much, which is what is happening in USA.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
Some guys walk behind their girlfriends so they can keep one eye on the girlfriends wandering eye and the other on the ho's without their girl seeing them

;)

Alex23

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
Well then why are you suggesting that i'm a terrorist just because i'm raising legitamite complaints about the US?

I guess you're just talking shit?

I never suggested anything chief... don't misinterpret symbolism.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »
Cops in LA and San Diego do that same kind of shit. They also love to just fuck with people for shits and giggles. If they don't like the looks of you they will question you, attempt to search you and just waste your time for a while. Just because of the power trip they are on.

American cops are assholes, fuck em'.

I lived in LA for 15 years, I can attest to that. And make sure your skin isn't anything but white, or you're really in for it!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »
with that kind of reasoning you can justify everything. It's very dangerous when you leat fear rule too much, which is what is happening in USA.

Not really, but in THIS CASE, the actions of the police were more than likely reasonable. I say more than likely because all we saw were snippets of video. They got a call, responded, investigated and dusted him off and he was on his way. And people complain?

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 09:27:25 PM »
These fucking cops make up laws as they go along... They arrest you for whatever ther fuck nowadays...

just be quiet and do what they so or your going to jail ok

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »
Great post and I totally fucking agree.

I havn't been on American soil in 2 years and I don't even want to go back really. It'll be at least 5 or 10 more years before I consider moving back.

Most American people are blind to these things. Because it's all they know, and to them that's "just how it is".

Americans are brainwashed and chauvinistic. The government says "you got it real good, and if you wanna keep it that way do as your told". And the people listen. Spent alot of time in the US, wont live there though. I feel alot safer in Ontario (crazy as it sounds) even though its run buy a gang of authoritarians.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
I lived in LA for 15 years, I can attest to that. And make sure your skin isn't anything but white, or you're really in for it!

Fuck the police.