Author Topic: A New Moderator? Should We Replace 'Delusional Liberal'?  (Read 17795 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: A New Moderator? Should We Replace 'Delusional Liberal'?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 07:36:45 PM »
You decide, guys - is this calling me out for a legitimate political reason, or not?
They already voted on that or did you miss that sticky ;)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »
Saying someone has an 'identity crisis' isn't a 'political debate', can you see that?

You are always free to complain to Ron or one of the other moderators if you feel you are being unfairly treated. Attempting to form "sides" is detrimental to the social environment of any public forum.

And just to add a bit of levity here, while you may be articulate, often enough a certain derision and arrogance seeps through your words which isn't undetected by the reader. Which is better, or worse? Overt calling out, or covert condescension. I have all the faith in the world that you can hold your own when it comes to both counterattack as well as debate.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 07:39:41 PM »
You're amazing Bruce, I bust my ass here being fair for you, sticky your thread, approve of your blog, tell you several time that you're welcome when you felt you weren't.  I bust my butt to be fair to righties who trust me and come to me with stuff and you can't follow my desires to keep this forum optimal to free thought and debate.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »
You are always free to complain to Ron or one of the other moderators if you feel you are being unfairly treated. Attempting to form "sides" is detrimental to the social environment of any public forum.

And just to add a bit of levity here, while you may be articulate, often enough a certain derision and arrogance seeps through your words which isn't undetected by the reader. Which is better, or worse? Overt calling out, or covert condescension. I have all the faith in the world that you can hold your own when it comes to both counterattack as well as debate.

You didn't answer my question, Deedee - try again.  Verify your position.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »
You're amazing Bruce, I bust my ass here being fair for you, sticky your thread, approve of your blog, tell you several time that you're welcome when you felt you weren't.  I bust my butt to be fair to righties who trust me and come to me with stuff and you can't follow my desires to keep this forum optimal to free thought and debate.

So you post a thread to debate me on this issue, and then get upset when I actually do?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 07:46:13 PM »
So you post a thread to debate me on this issue, and then get upset when I actually do?
See, you need to stop twisting shit, I got upset with you because you wanted to make issue with the callout and wether a mod should do that... Of course I didn't have issue with you debating it ::) Oh brother you know that's not true... ::)  There is a time to admit when you're wrong, I have done it at times.  I had a political purpose for the callout and if I do again, i will call out anyone again.  That promotes debate on the point, it promotes free thinking in the forum... A little jabbing is also not a problem unless it breaks down into nothing but insults I don't see why you should be upset over it.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 07:48:59 PM »
See, you need to stop twisting shit, I got upset with you because you wanted to make issue with the callout and wether a mod should do that... Of course I didn't have issue with you debating it ::) Oh brother you know that's not true... ::)  There is a time to admit when you're wrong, I have done it at times.  I had a political purpose for the callout and if I do again, i will call out anyone again.  That promotes debate on the point, it promotes free thinking in the forum... A little jabbing is also not a problem unless it breaks down into nothing but insults I don't see why you should be upset over it.

So attacking someone's opinion is only okay if it's you doing it?  Okay, I understand now.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 07:56:21 PM »
So attacking someone's opinion is only okay if it's you doing it?  Okay, I understand now.
if it's ANYONE doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHERE DID I SAY BERSERKER ONLY ::) I'm only going to play your bullshit game of twisting my words for so long...

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »
You didn't answer my question, Deedee - try again.  Verify your position.

I think I did. But I'll be more clear. I think there was nothing wrong with his thread, since you did misrepresent yourself and your political views, and he was calling you out on that. If he hadn't, someone else would have. This is Getbig and you must have noticed by now, what is the "spirit" of the board.  There is no mincing of words on any of the boards, except the Women's board, which was expressly created for people who don't like to read negative posts. Everywhere else, freedom of speech is encouraged and this place would suck if it changed.

I also said that you often employ sarcasm mixed in with your obvious superior command of the English language when making your points, so you can't have it both ways.  You can't ask to be coddled on the one hand, while you enjoy thrashing people with subtle but very caustic comments on the other.

And again, the function of a mod is to ensure that the rules are being followed, and perhaps generate interest when things are slow. Not bolster the threads in favor of one political group over another. And certainly not to bolster "Bruce's" views. You're trying to create a divide that hasn't existed here before.  Maybe you should think about that.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »
if it's ANYONE doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHERE DID I SAY BERSERKER ONLY ::) I'm only going to play your bullshit game of twisting my words for so long...

Why are you so upset with me debating you on it then?  You should welcome it!  The sorry fact is, right now, you're arguing for free speech and calling me out for 'bullshit game(s)' all in the same thread!  It's delightful!
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 08:00:51 PM »
I think I did. But I'll be more clear. I think there was nothing wrong with his thread, since you did misrepresent yourself and your political views, and he was calling you out on that. If he hadn't, someone else would have. This is Getbig and you must have noticed by now, what is the "spirit" of the board.  There is no mincing of words on any of the boards, except the Women's board, which was expressly created for people who don't like to read negative posts. Everywhere else, freedom of speech is encouraged and this place would suck if it changed.

Then you will agree to debate me on the validity of his 'Right-Wing' claim?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »
AS MUCH AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THINGS, THIS FORUM WILL REMAIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR PROMOTING DEBATE FOR EVERYONE!!!!... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LAX RULES, GO CRY TO RON.  But know when you do, that Ron asked that this forum be fun and be like Crossfire  Everything has been done in the spirit of this.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2007, 08:02:42 PM »
AS MUCH AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THINGS, THIS FORUM WILL REMAIN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR PROMOTING DEBATE FOR EVERYONE!!!!... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LAX RULES, GO CRY TO RON.  But know when you do, that Ron asked that this forum be fun and be like Crossfire  Everything has been done in the spirit of this.

Erm, Beserker - aren't you trying to get me to stop debating you here?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »
Erm, Beserker - aren't you trying to get me to stop debating you here?
There is no debate on changing the lax rules of this forum... The only way they will change is for Ron to demod me.  Therefore if you want them changed, this is a job for Ron... I will debate you on anything but this is not debatable, got it...

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 08:13:51 PM »
The only way they will change is for Ron to demod me.  Therefore if you want them changed, this is a job for Ron

Exactly as I said at the start of this thread.

I will debate you on anything but this is not debatable, got it...

Oh okay, so you decide the agenda here, even after saying the posters have free range?

Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 08:20:49 PM »
Wow, this topic deserves a sticky?

Why should we debate about any of the candidates running for President or the War in Iraq when we can debate whether or not the conservative mod posts enough?  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »
Exactly as I said at the start of this thread.

Oh okay, so you decide the agenda here, even after saying the posters have free range?

Yea, the posters have a lot of free range here... You were not posting in General when we got this forum created for that very purpose... but that is what we all wanted... I ask that you be respectful of the intent behind the political forum.  It works well for the many.  The rules are lax for this reason but there are rules so just apply some common sense, it's not rocket science Bruce.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »
Wow, this topic deserves a sticky?

Why should we debate about any of the candidates running for President or the War in Iraq when we can debate whether or not the conservative mod posts enough?  ::)

And your involvement here would therefore be a brilliant attempt to undermine your own intellect, right?
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »
Yea, the posters have a lot of free range here... You were not posting in General when we got this forum created for that very purpose... but that is what we all wanted... I ask that you be respectful of the intent behind the political forum.  It works well for the many.  The rules are lax for this reason but there are rules so just apply some common sense, it's not rocket science Bruce.

I never said I wanted rule changes, Beserker, just moderation of the Moderators.  You don't have anything to fear of people with views differing from your own, do you?
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 08:26:16 PM »
And your involvement here would therefore be a brilliant attempt to undermine your own intellect, right?

Do you actually believe this nonsense or do you just giggle to yourself as you type?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »
Do you actually believe this nonsense or do you just giggle to yourself as you type?

Believe me, I've done nothing but giggle whilst responding to you.  You're the great opinion-less wonder on here, with a fascination for stalking my posts.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »
This thread is done, I try to hook Bruce up in this his true motives come to the surface.  really get over it Bruce... People are going to call out people and if there is a political debating purpose it's going to happen... This thead is done.  Bruce, if you want the rightwing mod changed, start a campaign to do it... contact the right leaning members and if you get a significant drive going, either Ozmo or myself will sticky a vote.  Get that going first if you're serious about this.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 08:33:30 PM »
This thread is done, I try to hook Bruce up in this his true motives come to the surface.  really get over it Bruce... People are going to call out people and if there is a political debating purpose it's going to happen... This thead is done.  Bruce, if you want the rightwing mod changed, start a campaign to do it... contact the right leaning members and if you get a significant drive going, either Ozmo or myself will sticky a vote.  Get that going first if you're serious about this.

I already did, in case you didn't notice.  Nice to know 'this thread is done', I thought that was a 'free-speech' issue for the members to decide and not you.  There's more Chavez in you then I first gave you credit for.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »
Okay, apologies for that guys - we got a little off track - but I feel better for the debate!

Joe, Cap86 - Tell us why you're going to be the next Mod here.

Cap, can you tell me your religious persuasion?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2007, 08:55:05 PM »
I already did, in case you didn't notice.  Nice to know 'this thread is done', I thought that was a 'free-speech' issue for the members to decide and not you.  There's more Chavez in you then I first gave you credit for.
You did what, you pm'd other members and got a drive going?  No you didn't, you posted a thread that I temporarily stickied to help you out, despite your constant fight with my modding...  You have Cap and Intenseone and Haidar, don't let me stop you... Cap may help in recruiting a serious drive if that's what you guys want, pm him and get it going, pm me when you want a vote started... I'll sticky it, you have my word.