Author Topic: A New Moderator? Should We Replace 'Delusional Liberal'?  (Read 17796 times)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: A New Moderator? Should We Replace 'Delusional Liberal'?
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »
You did what, you pm'd other members and got a drive going?  No you didn't, you posted a thread that I temporarily stickied to help you out, despite your constant fight with my modding...  You have Cap and Intenseone and Haidar, don't let me stop you... Cap may help in recruiting a serious drive if that's what you guys want, pm him and get it going, pm me when you want a vote started... I'll sticky it, you have my word.

I've been contacting Cap via PM for a couple of hours now,and have PM'd Joe too.  I thought you said this thread was over?
Thread Killer

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 09:32:22 PM »
You did what, you pm'd other members and got a drive going?  No you didn't, you posted a thread that I temporarily stickied to help you out, despite your constant fight with my modding...  You have Cap and Intenseone and Haidar, don't let me stop you... Cap may help in recruiting a serious drive if that's what you guys want, pm him and get it going, pm me when you want a vote started... I'll sticky it, you have my word.
Berserker, check your PMs.  Ron contacted me.  My fate is in your (the Mods') hands.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2007, 10:14:34 PM »
I've been contacting Cap via PM for a couple of hours now,and have PM'd Joe too.  I thought you said this thread was over?
You are over attacking the rules of this forum or trying to change the modding agreements which have made for an environment that best promotes free thinking.  You are done goating me by twisting everything I say in regard to these rules.  these rules for the forum and the mod agreements are not negotiable... that part is over...  If you don't want this thread moved, I suggest you keep on topic.  Get enough people here to chime in that the mod needs changed.  I'm not for it if they people are not for it.  I'm for it if the people are for it.  Stay on that point and I'll not get in your way... Keep playing pissyfoot games with the non-negotiable rules of the forum and you'll succed in having this thread moved to complaints which is what it will be.  You pushed and pushed and pushed so this is where we ended up with it.  I've done nothing but try my best to be fair to everyone, I don't know what else I can do.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 11:39:58 PM »
If only it were your choice.

wait and see if you get a new mod :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 01:00:54 AM »
wait and see if you get a new mod :)

It's not my sole choice either, Jimmy.
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 02:41:30 AM »
Then you will agree to debate me on the validity of his 'Right-Wing' claim?

No actually, I'm not interested in contributing any more than necessary to your attention whoring on this board.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 03:54:49 AM »
IMHO, this board has managed to be fairly self-moderated, and the current Moderators are doing a good job, ie a minimum of sticky and un-sticky, and once in awhile moving a thread, not much else.

I've yet to see a Moderator on this board use the moderating properties in his favor.

Keep up the good job, all three of you.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 07:42:41 AM »
IMHO, this board has managed to be fairly self-moderated, and the current Moderators are doing a good job, ie a minimum of sticky and un-sticky, and once in awhile moving a thread, not much else.

I've yet to see a Moderator on this board use the moderating properties in his favor.

Keep up the good job, all three of you.

-Hedge
Hedgehog approved ;D thanks guy!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »
i nominate bruce for moderator
Valhalla awaits.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »
Okay mob, it's becoming more and more evident we don't have a reliable Moderator to offset the views of Beserker and Ozmo around here.  Therefore, after having both of these two throw their hats into the ring, I nominate the following Getbiggers to replace Delusional Liberal:

- Mr. Intenseone
- Cap86

Please feel free to review the posts of both of these candidates to evaluate their viability - I will then bring this thread to Ron's attention so that he may make an informed opinion.  I would like to clarify that I in no way feel it is my prerogative to decide who represents this half of the board.  I will give my opinion just as all of you will.

State your case, guys.

Not just NO, ...but HELL NO!!!!!

What's been wrong with the moderation so far?
I think they've been doing an exemplary job (...even when the SOBs have delete my posts)  >:(   :P   ;)
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 12:01:19 PM »
Not just NO, ...but HELL NO!!!!!

What's been wrong with the moderation so far?
I think they've been doing an exemplary job (...even when the SOBs have delete my posts)  >:(   :P   ;)

Why not Mr. Intenseone or Cap?

Is it a bad thing for a Mod to send multiple "fuck you" PM's to a female board member? Or for a Mod to post nonsensical Rush Limbaugh drivel each and everyday?

No, they'd make fantastic mods.  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 12:04:02 PM »
You decide, guys - is this calling me out for a legitimate political reason, or not?

I've always advocated mods not having sides in an issue, ...which has largely been because the "issues" in nature on Getbig have always been personality clashes, or attempts to pwn, ridicule, and bully people into silence.

Berserker's comments, as well as the thread he created were legitimate in my opinon, and I think Deedee articulated things very well.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »

Is it a bad thing for a Mod to send multiple "f**k you" PM's to a female board member? Or for a Mod to post nonsensical Rush Limbaugh drivel each and everyday?

If a mod isn't even capable of moderating him/herself, ...how is s/he going to moderate a message board?
...and a political message board at that? What has Bruce got against DL anyway? Don't fix what ain't broken.

Berserker...  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
You've really stepped up to the plate and proved your value as a mod., and earned my respect.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2007, 12:22:21 PM »
If a mod isn't even capable of moderating him/herself, ...how is s/he going to moderate a message board?
...and a political message board at that? What has Bruce got against DL anyway? Don't fix what ain't broken.

Berserker...  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
You've really stepped up to the plate and proved your value as a mod., and earned my respect.
You're attacks to me were handled in private, is that not control?  Would you prefer I post nasty comments on here where it is inappapropriate and unrelated?  I follow the rules of this board.  You make everything personal, I do not.  Mr. I and I are great candidates for the job.  We post more than DL and represent the Right wing.  Don't let personal issues cloud your mind.  How do I not moderate myself and how does that apply foe Joe?  Is it because we do not side with the majority here?  Is it because we don't buy what you are selling?  You are afraid I will censor but I will not and neither will he.  The hatred on your end for our beliefs, my age and me in general astounds me.  Sounds like an enlightened Person to me.  ::)
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »
You're attacks to me were handled in private, is that not control?  Would you prefer I post nasty comments on here where it is inappapropriate and unrelated?

The very fact that you can't refrain from posting nasty comments towards someone who does not share your position is reason enough in itself.

I follow the rules of this board.  You make everything personal, I do not.

{LOL} Thanks for the comic relief tho.

Mr. I and I are great candidates for the job. 

{LOL} Now you're making me laugh so hard, I'm getting hiccups.

We post more than DL and represent the Right wing.

Who posts more isn't a prerequisite.

Don't let personal issues cloud your mind.

I don't have to let personal issues cloud my mind.
Unbiased rational analysis is enough for me to believe you'd be a horrible mod.

How do I not moderate myself

In response to a question asking you if you are sure you want to take on a specific issue with another poster, you write:

Why don't you swallow some Draino and do us all a favor.

In response to specific on topic posts on the board you send this in PM:

seriously go f**k urself. you don't know shit about me you canuck pussy. 

The hatred on your end for our beliefs, my age and me in general astounds me.  Sounds like an enlightened Person to me.  ::)

I don't hate you Cap. I do however feel sorry for you, ...in much the same way I used to feel sorry for Berserker.
He has since risen above his demons in an exemplary way, ...so maybe there's still some hope for you yet?  :D

Further on the topic of rising above demons, ...I'd like to content that Rob has also come along way in this regard.
Political beliefs aside, he's shown extraordinary restraint. Certainly not the same old Rob from 2 years ago.

I think to choose a board MOD based only on political beliefs is as stupid and as myopic as the political appts in Iraq. Many contractors were given their jobs NOT because of their qualifications to the job, ...but rather because they were Republicans. What a stupid way to choose candidates. And now there's the collosal failure to show for it. How much more American tax dollars are going to be squandered, wasted, and thrown away in that sinking money pit?
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
Jag, you know what.  You are the worst poster on this board by far.

Refrain from nasty comments via PM is not a prereq of being a mod.  Berserker has done it as have other mods.  Get over yourself.  My draino comment was right after your repeated KY inferences and the fact you can't keep my personal life in negative ways, out of your mouth.  I am unbiased in many respects and biased in some, just like other mods.  True?  Yes.  Deal.  Get a life.  You think you are taking the high ground but you truly are my child.  I own you and your posts.  I win.  Game over.
Squishy face retard

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2007, 01:07:03 PM »

Is it a bad thing for a Mod to send multiple "f**k you" PM's to a female board member? Or for a Mod to post nonsensical Rush Limbaugh drivel each and everyday?

Sending nasty pms to someone just because they don't agree with you is pretty classless.

I don't mind Mr. I so much, as we need an active conservative mod.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »
Jag, you know what.  You are the worst poster on this board by far.

Refrain from nasty comments via PM is not a prereq of being a mod.

OK, how about not stalking members through PM?

Berserker has done it as have other mods.  Get over yourself.  My draino comment was right after your repeated KY inferences

Would you have preferred no KY? Sodomy can be pretty painful without it, ...and that was what i envisioned for you if you try to take Rob on on the issue of WTC 93

and the fact you can't keep my personal life in negative ways, out of your mouth.

Buddy, you are the one who put your personal life into the argument.
Now you're arguing with me over 'my opinion'? Recognize the difference between an opinion and a fact.
My opinion is you'd be a horrible mod. If I had to vote, that's how I would vote.
That's the bottom line. Deal with it. Do something to change my opinion of you.
Arguing won't do it, ...your behaviour will. I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I am unbiased in many respects and biased in some, just like other mods.  True?  Yes.  Deal.  Get a life.  You think you are taking the high ground but you truly are my child.  I own you and your posts.  I win.  Game over.

If you say so little one.  :P
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »
Sending nasty pms to someone just because they don't agree with you is pretty classless.

I don't mind Mr. I so much, as we need an active conservative mod.
Hey, do you know the context in which it was sent?  If not then I suggest you keep your toughts to yourself bud.  I sent one, and one only which is why she posted only one.  Keep thinking what you want.  I guess I should have made personal attacks on the board to her which seems to be more acceptable to the general populace here.  Go figure. 

If telling someone to fuck off is the worst I can do then you all need to reevaluate some things.  Oh and other mods on here have cursed at members.  As a member and not a mod, I can conduct myself differently and I have not done this even with Rob who I disagree with on everything here.  So if Rob posted personal things about me I would have acted the same way.  I admit it.  But he did not and I treated him with respect with the worst thing being said is that he is delusional and a liberal. 
Squishy face retard

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »
Hey, do you know the context in which it was sent?  If not then I suggest you keep your toughts to yourself bud.  I sent one, and one only which is why she posted only one.  Keep thinking what you want.  I guess I should have made personal attacks on the board to her which seems to be more acceptable to the general populace here.  Go figure. 

You did that too.  ;)

I guess it can't hurt to have you or Mr. I as mod as Delusional liberal is mostly inactive.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »
Why do we more mods?
Who cares if a mod is liberal or conservative.

If they are doing a crappy job and nuking all your posts contact Ron.

Everyone here is pretty chill most of the time and I have only had 1 or 2 posts nuked.
Whereas on the main board I had many.
Z

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »
You did that too.  ;)

I guess it can't hurt to have you or Mr. I as mod as Delusional liberal is mostly inactive.
True.  Draino comment.  8)
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »

Another pre-requisite I have is that a mod should NOT be full of shit!

3 meltdown PM's in a row. Now you wanna lie about it, and whine 'cause I don't have a high opinion of you?  ::)
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 01:32:26 PM »
You said I sent 3 telling you to fuck off.  That is a lie.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 01:32:50 PM »
It comes up too small to read, ...but d/l it and view it within your computer to see accurately.
w