Author Topic: Prop 300 in AZ a step in the right direction  (Read 3190 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Prop 300 in AZ a step in the right direction
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:30:49 AM »
The Cliff note version of it states that illegal immigrants in the state cannot receive federal money for college and can no longer receive in-state tuition.  Furthermore, Arizona colleges will begin checking residency status starting next fall.  Good job.  It's not right that out of state students pay more than out of country illegals. 
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
Re: Prop 300 in AZ a step in the right direction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »
C'mon you know deep down you are happy.  If you ever went to college, want to go, are there now, or will be sending kids one day, this matters.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:49:59 AM »
To think we even need a law for this.  Seems like it should be a no brainer.   :-\

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:37:23 AM »
But we need educated illegal immigrants.  ::)  My tax dollars shouldn't pay for that shit.  AZ and CA have taken good steps, hoepfully the rest do too.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 10:54:50 AM »
Hasn't it always been that way in CA? the tuition was 10X's higher for non-Cali residents?
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 10:58:56 AM »
Hasn't it always been that way in CA? the tuition was 10X's higher for non-Cali residents?
Not 10x, about 3.  My point is about illegals getting special tuition.  it should never happen.  It would never happen if we Americans went overseas and live illegally.
Squishy face retard

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
this country is ridiculous.
Valhalla awaits.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 01:14:01 PM »
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 01:15:21 PM »
this country is ridiculous.
Yea, boot out the immigrants that don't belong.  That'll make it fair.  Save billions in tax dollars and educate the LEGAL citizens with better schools.
Squishy face retard

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 01:45:15 PM »

This 'legislation' means nothing - illegal immigrants can get home loans from the BANKS, so they'll have the option to borrow against their homes to finance higher education. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
ehh, many other ways around this. They are educated in knowing how to collect money and live off the government.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 02:04:03 PM »
The Cliff note version of it states that illegal immigrants in the state cannot receive federal money for college and can no longer receive in-state tuition.  Furthermore, Arizona colleges will begin checking residency status starting next fall.  Good job.  It's not right that out of state students pay more than out of country illegals. 

I know this is a state issue sponsored by a State Senator Dean Martin but I'd be interested to know McCain's take on this.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »

You know who it is that's going to colleges, don't you?  It's not some 18 or 25-year-old who snuck across the border yesterday.  It's the kid who was brought here as a very young child by his parents, and raised in Arizona, speaking english, attending and graduating from grade school and high school in AZ, and who considers himself an american the same way any other kid his age who was raised in America would.

I can very easily see the situation from this type of person's point of view and empathise. That's the person who says, "What do you mean send me 'back' to Mexico?"  That person's only recollection of Mexico might be faint memories from early childhood, if that. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 02:27:53 PM »
You know who it is that's going to colleges, don't you?  It's not some 18 or 25-year-old who snuck across the border yesterday.  It's the kid who was brought here as a very young child by his parents, and raised in Arizona, speaking english, attending and graduating from grade school and high school in AZ, and who considers himself an american the same way any other kid his age who was raised in America would.

I can very easily see the situation from this type of person's point of view and empathise. That's the person who says, "What do you mean send me 'back' to Mexico?"  That person's only recollection of Mexico might be faint memories from early childhood, if that. 
For tax purposes, they are Mexican.  I know AZ pretty well so I know alot of these kids don't speak great English and many want to leave once they have sucked us dry for their college money and then leave.  You can't be a Mexican and an American.  Eventually you have to choose.  Going back in forth both literally and figuratively is not right.  Be proud to be of Mexican heritage but become a citizen or leave.  It's that simple. 
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »
For tax purposes, they are Mexican.  I know AZ pretty well so I know alot of these kids don't speak great English and many want to leave once they have sucked us dry for their college money and then leave.  You can't be a Mexican and an American.  Eventually you have to choose.  Going back in forth both literally and figuratively is not right.  Be proud to be of Mexican heritage but become a citizen or leave.  It's that simple. 

Why not? You claim to Italian and American. How come you can have it both ways.

I am Italian because my ancestors are that.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 05:08:14 PM »
Why not? You claim to Italian and American. How come you can have it both ways.

I am of Italian descent.  Ancestors lady.  I really think you need to start hooked on phonics and learn to read all over again.  I am of that ancestry and refer to it as traits.  I don't have any other connection to Italy.   I don't speak Italian, never been there, etc.  Get over yourself. Your posts are lame and are only intended to annoy.  Like I said, I own your posts.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »
I am of Italian descent.  Ancestors lady.  I really think you need to start hooked on phonics and learn to read all over again.  I am of that ancestry and refer to it as traits.  I don't have any other connection to Italy.   I don't speak Italian, never been there, etc.  Get over yourself. Your posts are lame and are only intended to annoy.  Like I said, I own your posts.

Do you not see the correlation between yourself and the Mexican in Goatboy's example?
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »
Do you not see the correlation between yourself and the Mexican in Goatboy's example?
I was never brought to this country, I was BORN HERE.  Unlike illegals, I was born here legally as were my parents and their parents.  Keep fishing but you'll find nothing.  You are a lame poster in terms of backing up your points and you get painted into corners so easily and then make personal attacks or dismiss the poster(s).  Get some meat to your arguments or spare us, please.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 05:15:51 PM »
I was never brought to this country, I was BORN HERE.  Unlike illegals, I was born here legally as were my parents and their parents.  Keep fishing but you'll find nothing.  You are a lame poster in terms of backing up your points and you get painted into corners so easily and then make personal attacks or dismiss the poster(s).  Get some meat to your arguments or spare us, please.

Whether you were born there or not, or came as a baby is irrelevant. Do you not see the correlation?
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 05:18:23 PM »
Whether you were born there or not, or came as a baby is irrelevant. Do you not see the correlation?

Nope.  None at all.  Cannot compare 3 generations of LEGAL citizens to those who were born here.  I identify as American who descended from Italy.  The only time I bring it up is in terms of my ethnic background.  Whether or not it is stated openly, in context it is understood.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 05:26:22 PM »
Nope.  None at all.  Cannot compare 3 generations of LEGAL citizens to those who were born here.  I identify as American who descended from Italy.  The only time I bring it up is in terms of my ethnic background.  Whether or not it is stated openly, in context it is understood.

Well your inability to draw parallels or see similarities probably accounts for the level of myopia and general obtuseness you exhibit.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
Well your inability to draw parallels or see similarities probably accounts for the level of myopia and general obtuseness you exhibit.
Hmm, read the post again and see where in my experience and my posts you can relate the two.  COmparing a legal citizen who was born here and is only identified as American and has legal status to some little kid who was dragged across the border but still wants to be considered both Mexican and American is not a comparison.  Wow.  That must be so hard to grasp.  Was that the second or third time I said the same thing to you?
Squishy face retard

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
become a citizen or leave.  It's that simple. 

How are you supposed to do that when you're not here legally to begin with?  (despite the fact that you were brought across the border by your parents as a little kid through no fault of your own)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 06:58:16 PM »
How are you supposed to do that when you're not here legally to begin with?  (despite the fact that you were brought across the border by your parents as a little kid through no fault of your own)
Not my problem.  It's their parent's fault.
Squishy face retard

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »
Not my problem.  It's their parent's fault.

I don't believe in penalizing people for situations they're in through no fault of their own. If someone was brought here illegally as a child younger than say, 12, and has graduated from an American high school and has no criminal record, that person should be given the opportunity to become a legal citizen, period.  To suggest that they remain in a legal limbo for a sin committed not by them, but by their parents, is both wrong and mean.