Author Topic: What happened to Spider-Man??  (Read 6002 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: What happened to Spider-Man??
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 03:41:34 AM »
Yes.  You can print any single page or all pages from any issue.

Cool!

But what i mentioned above probably also goes for the box, right?

It only contains Amazing Spider-Man, so the stories that were split up are incomplete? Or did they fill them up?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 06:47:54 AM »
Cool!

But what i mentioned above probably also goes for the box, right?

It only contains Amazing Spider-Man, so the stories that were split up are incomplete? Or did they fill them up?

You only get one title: The Amazing Spiderman.  All the issues from 1963 through June of 2006.  Including all the annual issues.  Any related titles like Marvel Team-Up, Spectacular Spiderman, or crossover stories are not included.

This is true of the 40 Years of Xmen DVD; it includes all the Xmen issues and Annuals but no crossover titles/stories like the New Mutants, X-Factor, etc.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 09:06:59 AM »
i started reading in the nineties, loved the whole alien-costume / venom saga.

The last issue i bought was when aunt may died, the some time later i also caught up on the Scarlet Spider.

A few days ago, i bought a giant artbook about spidey. I couldn't resist and it was only 6 euros.

Now WTF has happened??

Clone saga, Tony Stark designs a new costume, TWO relaunches,  one where Peter Parker is a dork with a supermodel gf and one where he is only 15 years

You missed the one where he is 15 year old and the Spiderman thing was like a Martial Artsy type of thing,   the whole Venom thing was a cult of Ninjas, lead by Venom. They killed The Black Cat, just cut her in half.  I think it was drawn by Humberto Ramos. Because it had a sorta Manga/ Joe Madareira type of style to it.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »
In the Spider-Man comic books, did The Sandman really kill Uncle Ben by mistake or was that just made up for the sake of a storline for Spider-Man 3?  ???

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »
In the Spider-Man comic books, did The Sandman really kill Uncle Ben by mistake or was that just made up for the sake of a storline for Spider-Man 3?  ???

Storyline...
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 12:45:07 AM »
You missed the one where he is 15 year old and the Spiderman thing was like a Martial Artsy type of thing,   the whole Venom thing was a cult of Ninjas, lead by Venom. They killed The Black Cat, just cut her in half.  I think it was drawn by Humberto Ramos. Because it had a sorta Manga/ Joe Madareira type of style to it.

Are you fucking kidding me???

That cannot be true.

Did they hire Flex Wheeler for the storyline or what??
Read too much Dragonball?

WTF?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 01:08:21 AM »
Actually, the most recent is not him at 15.

He's still an adult in his mid 20s... He just always lived with Aunt May and he never married Mary Jane.

Basically, during the Marvel "Civil War", he was with Tony Stark and the government, then in the middle... he flipped. Everyone knew who he was and the Kingpin put a hit out on MJ... but Aunt May got caught in the cross fire.

He said he's do anything to have one more day with Aunt may and some ethereal creature (I think it was Madam Web or some crap) gave him Aunt may back, but losing MJ and the last 20 (Our time) years.

That's where we are now.

Yes, it sucks and was one of the dumbest things Marvel has done ever... Killing Captain America is number 1 on my list right now.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 02:44:04 AM »
Actually, the most recent is not him at 15.

He's still an adult in his mid 20s... He just always lived with Aunt May and he never married Mary Jane.

Basically, during the Marvel "Civil War", he was with Tony Stark and the government, then in the middle... he flipped. Everyone knew who he was and the Kingpin put a hit out on MJ... but Aunt May got caught in the cross fire.

He said he's do anything to have one more day with Aunt may and some ethereal creature (I think it was Madam Web or some crap) gave him Aunt may back, but losing MJ and the last 20 (Our time) years.

That's where we are now.

Yes, it sucks and was one of the dumbest things Marvel has done ever... Killing Captain America is number 1 on my list right now.

I cry my eyes out, this sounds like total shit...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Some fucking fairytale.

I always hated the stuff that got too exotic like timetravel, other galaxies and stuff.  :'( :'( :'(

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 01:56:43 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me???

That cannot be true.

Did they hire Flex Wheeler for the storyline or what??
Read too much Dragonball?

WTF?

Yeah, I picked it because of that storyline...Venom was head of a clan of Ninjas, and they all wore this weird spider insignia on their chests and backs. Spiderman was a skinny teenager (almost preteen). It was drawn in a kinda Graffiti-Manga style that was kinda cool. Spiderman was from the Spider-clan

Here ya go....

http://www.mania.com/spiderman-legend-spiderclan-1_article_36458.html

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 11:11:50 PM »

There is only the amazing spiderman issue out currently. I think it comes out every week and is under the "brand new day" umbrella.

I'm up to date on the issues -  the storylines really need a good writer. So far i'm not impressed.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 11:44:39 PM »
Yeah, I picked it because of that storyline...Venom was head of a clan of Ninjas, and they all wore this weird spider insignia on their chests and backs. Spiderman was a skinny teenager (almost preteen). It was drawn in a kinda Graffiti-Manga style that was kinda cool. Spiderman was from the Spider-clan

Here ya go....

http://www.mania.com/spiderman-legend-spiderclan-1_article_36458.html

oh shit, i'm crying my eyes out...

Marvel mangaverse??

They must have gone completely insane at Marvel.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »
They're doing a batman story called devil mask
Batman -manga style
;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 12:33:12 AM »
these american mangas suck.

I love mangas, read a lot of them. They are dirt cheap, have a lot more pages than these tiny american comic books and some of them are really really awesome.

But these american "shit-mangas-sell-better-than-batman-lets-maks-a-batman-manga" suck ass.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 12:53:02 AM »
never came out on time and cancelled.

Too bad it had potential. Beautiful artwork,

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 12:26:55 AM »
never came out on time and cancelled.

Too bad it had potential. Beautiful artwork,

If you are talking about "BattleChasers", yeah, Joe had a problem with deadlines, even when he was at Marvel doing the UnCanny X-Men, he had a problem meeting Marvel's deadlines. His comic would have been a classic, and chances are it would have been made into a movie or two, had he stayed on it.