Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Border Patrol Agents Prosecuted for Stopping Drug Smuggler

(1/7) > >>

Hugo Chavez:

--- Quote ---Two border patrol agents in Texas could be sentenced to 20 years in prison for shooting a Mexican drug smuggler who tried to evade capture. Amazingly, federal prosecutors allowed the smuggler to walk free -- they gave him immunity -- in return for testimony against those agents. That drug smuggler subsequently smuggled more drugs and is suing the Border Patrol for $5 million for violating his civil rights. Border Patrol agent Ignacio Ramos explained: "I was doing the job the public entrusted me to do. They entrusted me to stop a drug smuggler and I did." T.J. Bonner of the National Border Patrol Council said: "This is really the most outrageous miscarriage of justice that I'm aware of in my entire 28-year career as a Border Patrol agent. I've never seen anything so -- I can't even think of the word. This is like diving into a trash can. The deeper you dig, the more it stinks."
--- End quote ---

http://www.forthecause.us/ftc-video-CNN-BorderBetrayal_060809.wmv

Hugo Chavez:
 >:( This doesn't piss anyone off  >:(

Camel Jockey:
of course he can get away with it, he's hispanic.

In America if you're either black or hispanic your civil liberties mean a lot more than anyone else's. When you're mad all you do is just play the race card!

Always Sore:
how can a mexican drug smuggler sue in the us? fucked up system we have. WTF was the jury thinking and what was there reason behind there decision?

Hugo Chavez:
The drug smuggler got immunity to testify.  The border patrol officers are facing 20 years.  The smuggler got shot in the ass. ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version